[Upgraded] Rady School of Management MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Rady School of Management MBA
Credit: Umberto Del Piano

Rady School of Management MBA

Introduction

  • The Rady School of Management MBA program emphasizes the importance of building connections in the business market and provides you with support in guiding to a suitable career choice.
  • From the first day at Rady, you will focus on choosing your career path and will start making plans about how your required goals can be achieved.
  • You will get to be a part of a great community who will offer help and guidelines throughout your stay at Rady.
  • The faculty at Rady welcomes new ideas and thrives on helping students get their message across with their teachers and fellow students. Projects are also offered to starters that will help them learn practically.

List of Courses Offered

The entire curriculum of the MBA program offered at the Rady School of Management consists of core courses, a project, and electives.

Core courses:

Following are the core courses offered at the MBA program of Rady:

  • MGT 404: Accounting
  • MGT 405: Managerial Economics
  • MGT 406: Leadership Skills, Values, and Teamwork in Technology Firms
  • MGT 407: Marketing
  • MGT 401: Professional Seminar
  • MGT 403: Quantitative Analysis
  • MGT 408: Finance
  • MGT 413: Operations, Information Systems, and Data Analysis
  • MGT 414A: Lab to Market Workshop I
  • MGT 414B: Lab to Market Workshop II
  • MGT 409: Organizational Strategy and Human Resource Management
  • MGT 410: Strategy
  • MGT 412: Lab to Market: Opportunity and Business Model Analysis

Electives:

More than half of the total curriculum of the MBA program is made up of electives. An entire list of electives offered at the Rady School of Management are stated below:

  • MGT 417: Current Business Law Issues
  • MGT 419: Global Business Intensive
  • MGT 420: Negotiation
  • MGT 421: CEO, the Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
  • MGT 422: Creativity and Innovation
  • MGT 425: Opportunity and Business Model Analysis
  • MGT 429: Topics in Corporate Governance
  • MGT 430: Biotechnology Industry, Structure, and Strategy
  • MGT 439: Topics in Organizational Behavior
  • MGT 217: Drug Discovery, Development, and Commercialization
  • MGT 230: Strategic Cost Management
  • MGT 239: Topics in Accounting
  • MGT 416: Readings in Management
  • MGT 427: Decision Analysis
  • MGT 442: Topics in Decision Sciences
  • MGT 443: Topics in International Business
  • MGT 444: Topics in Business Strategy
  • MGT 445: Regulation and Innovation
  • MGT 449: Topics in Operations and Technology
  • MGT 450: Project Management
  • MGT 451: Technology Innovation and Strategy
  • MGT 452: New Product Development
  • MGT 453: Supply Chain Management
  • MGT 459: Topics in Innovation
  • MGT 463: Projects in Technology Commercialization
  • MGT 464: Projects in Business Innovation
  • MGT 475: Research for Marketing Decisions
  • MGT 476: Marketing Strategy
  • MGT 477: Consumer Behavior
  • MGT 478: Marketing Communications
  • MGT 479: Pricing
  • MGT 489: Topics in Marketing
  • MGT 491: Investments
  • MGT 499: Individual Directed Study
  • MGTF 409: Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Restructuring
  • MGTF 410: New Venture Finance
  • MGTF 432: Portfolio Theory in Practice
  • MGT 492: Financial Risk Management
  • MGT 495: Topics in Finance
  • MGT 496A: Venture Capital Management I
  • MGT 496B: Venture Capital Management II
  • MGT 497: Advanced Management Research Practicum

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is almost the same for both California residents and residents of other states. California residents have to pay about $50,000 per academic year while the residents of other states have to pay about $54,000 per academic year for tuition.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: A undergraduate degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or more is required from an accredited university degree program.
  • Work Experience: Work experience is not required. Although it can significantly affect the chances of your application being accepted.
  • Language: Students who have completed a degree from an English speaking university are not required to take any sort of language tests. The students who have a degree from a non-English speaking university are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS.

Accreditation

  • The University of California, San Diego, Rady School of Management is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • Rady School of Management was ranked#14 for MBA (U.S) by Financial Times for the academic year 2015
  • Rady School of Management was ranked#51 for MBA (U.S) by Businessweek for the academic year 2014
  • Rady School of Management was ranked#58 for Part-Time MBA (U.S) by U.S. News & World Report for the academic year 2015
  • Rady School of Management was ranked#82 for Full-Time MBA (U.S) by U.S. News & World Report for the academic year 2015

GMAT Requirements

  • A score in either the GMAT or GRE must be provided by all applicants at Rady School of Management. The average GMAT score of students is 656.

Class Profile

  • 52% of students are California residents while the remaining 48% of students are from other states
  • The average GMAT score is 656.
  • Average GPA is 3.50.
  • The average age of students is 29 years.
  • The average student has previous professional work experience of 5 years.
  • 72% of students are male and the remaining 28% of students are female.

Scholarships

  • Scholarships are being awarded to students every year at the Rady School of Management.
  • Fellowships are also being awarded to the most exceptional individuals. These fellowships are merit-based.
  • Loans are available for all students, these loans are interest based loans.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply online by using this link.
  • After clicking the link given above, click on “Sign up”.
  • Now,  register with Rady by creating an account.
  • Now, log in to your account to submit your application along with all the required material.
  • You will be now contacted by the official Rady team with updates about your submitted application.

Application Timeline

Application deadlines are mentioned below:

  • The last date for submission of the application for Timeline 1 is December 1, 2018.
  • The last date for submission of the application for Timeline 2 is February 1, 2019.
  • The last date for submission of the application for Timeline 3 is April 1, 2019.
  • The last date for submission of the application for Timeline 4 is June 1, 2019.

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is great at 48%. Therefore, you are most likely to be one of the admitted applicants even if you have an average application material.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Do I need to take the GMAT?

Ans: Yes, all applicants at the Rady School of Business are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score when you’re submitting your application in order for your application to be evaluated.

Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?

Ans: All international applicants are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). A score in the IELTS is accepted if you do not want to take the TOEFL.

Q 3: What is the average GPA of students?

Ans: The average GPA of students is 3.50

Q 4: What is the average GMAT score of students?

Ans: The average GMAT score of students is 656.

Q 5: What is the average work experience of students?

Ans: The average work experience of students is 5 years.

Contact Information

  • Rady School of Management at UC San Diego
  • 9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0553
  • La Jolla, CA 92093-0553
  • Phone: (858) 534-9000
  • Email: RadyGradAdmissions@ucsd.edu

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Online MBA

Free Guide Available!

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments