[Authentic] Ross School of Business MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Ross School of Business MBA
Credit: Illán Riestra Nava

Ross School of Business MBA

Introduction

  • The Ross School of Business MBA program teaches you the skills required to become a leader in the business world. The MBA program teaches you complex concepts with the help of which you can solve complex business-related problems.
  • The program offers you a chance to learn from some of the experts in the business market. These experts will share details about their experiences in the business market which will widen your views and develop better concepts.
  • You will get support and assistance from the Ross School of Business alumni who will help you understand complex concepts and the methods to solve difficult business-related problems.

List of Courses Offered

The MBA program at Ross School of Business consists of a total of 57 credit hours. The entire curriculum of the MBA program is divided into the following 2 years:

1st Year at Ross

Following are some of the courses available for the 1st year at Ross:

  • Managerial Accounting
  • Applied Microeconomics
  • Applied Business Statistics
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Elective courses or degree requirement
  • Principles of Financial Accounting
  • Leading People and Organizations
  • Financial Management
  • Marketing Management
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Operations Management

2nd Year at Ross

By the 2nd year at Ross, you will have already completed the core courses and will now focus on selecting the electives that will suit you best.

Duration

  • The entire MBA program can be completed in 2 years.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is almost the same for Michigan residents and non-residents. Michigan residents have to pay about $63,000 per academic year and residents of other states have to pay $68,000 per academic year.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: Every applicant is required to have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
  • Work Experience: Professional work experience is not required at the Ross School of Business. However, previous work experience can significantly affect the chances of your application being accepted.
  • Language: All international applicants are required to submit an English language test score. You can either submit a score in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS.

Accreditation

  • The University of Michigan, Ross School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • Ross School of Business was ranked among the Top 10 MBA programs in 2019 by U.S News & World Report.
  • Ross School of Business was ranked#9 for MBA Programs in 2014 by BusinessWeek.
  • Ross School of Business was ranked#8 for Graduate Business School in 2016 by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.

GMAT Requirements

  • GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum GMAT score, however, the average GMAT score of students enrolled in the MBA program at Ross is 720.

Class Profile

  • 68% of students have in-state residence while the remaining 32% of students are from different countries worldwide.
  • The average GMAT score is very high at 720.
  • Average GPA is 3.50.
  • The average age of students is 28 years.
  • The average work experience of students is about 5 years.
  • 57% of students are male and the remaining 43% of students are female.

Scholarships

  • All students are automatically considered for a scholarship when they apply to the Full-Time MBA program at Ross School of Business. Meaning that no separate application is required for a scholarship.
  • These scholarships start from $10,000 and can pay full tuition for the entire MBA program.
  • These scholarships are merit-based and are also awarded to students on the basis of financial issues.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply online by using this link.
  • Create your account and log in to your newly created account.
  • Submit your application along with all the required material.
  • Now, you will be contacted with further updates regarding your application.

Application Timeline

There are 3 application timelines at the Ross School of Business. The deadlines for the submission of applications for these timelines are stated below:

  • For Round One the last date for submission of application is October 1, 2018.
  • For Round Two the last date for submission of application is January 7, 2019.
  • For Round Three, the last date for submission of application is March 18, 2019.

Acceptance Rate

  • There is a lot of competition at the Ross School of Business. The acceptance rate is extremely low at only 12%. So, you will need a professional work resume and a good GMAT or GRE score if you want to be one of the admitted applicants.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Are all applicants required to submit a score in GMAT?

Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to submit a GMAT score. The average GMAT score of students at Ross School of Business is 720. However, if you do not want to take the GMAT then you can submit a GRE score instead.

Q 2: Are international applicants required to submit a language test?

Ans: Yes, all international students are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS.

Q 3: What is the average work experience of MBA students?

Ans: The average work experience of students at the Ross School of Business is about 5 years.

Q 4: What is the average GPA of applicants?

Ans: The average GPA of students at the University of Michigan, Ross School of Business is 3.50

Contact Information

  • Stephen M. Ross School of Business
  • 701 Tappan Street
  • Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234
  • +1 (734) 615-5002
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Phone: 734.763.5796

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

NEED HELP? HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS