Rutgers University School of Business–Camden Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The AACSB accredited Rutgers University School of Business–Camden Online MBA program is highly regarded.
- With a diverse faculty and students from various backgrounds, the MBA program aims for a broad education on professional business management so that students may be prepared for the challenges of modern day management.
- Almost 96% of students that are newly enrolled have prior working experience which means that students will have an opportunity to network and communicate with other working professionals.
- These connections allow students to put their learned skills to good use once completing the program.
- The prestigious AACSB accreditation puts the university in the top 5% of business schools with that accreditation. Students will learn from a dedicated faculty of professors who are themselves experts and professionals in the field of business.
List of Courses Offered
Following are the concentration options:
- Business Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Investments and Private Wealth Management
- Strategic Leadership
The foundational classes include:
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Accounting for Financial Reporting
Following is a list of all the core courses:
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions
- Business Analytics
- Financial Management
- Operations Management: Productivity & Quality
- Managing Projects & IT
- International Business Environment
- Leadership & Managing Human Capital
- Marketing Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethics & Law
- Strategic Management: Integrating the Enterprise
There is also the Focused Learning Modules where students can expand their knowledge on a specific field. These include:
- Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Investments & Private Wealth Management and Strategic Leadership
- The most frequent duration for students to graduate in 2 years. The program target time for graduation is 3 years. The flexibility of the program offers students to complete it in their own paces.
- Completion time may vary. Attending the program full-time can be completed in less than two years. Most students complete the program within three to four years.
- This depends on course waivers and number of courses taken during the semesters
- The cost of tuition is $52,752 for the graduate programs. The tuition per credit is $1256 along with a $300 fee for the online programs.
- The university offers a limited number of merit scholarships. These scholarships are awarded upon admission into the program.
- Academic background: Students from various academic backgrounds are accepted.
- Work Experience: No work experience required
- Language: TOEFL minimum score required: paper 550, internet 80
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- 96% of enrolled students are employed when first enrolled.
- Students come from a variety of backgrounds, including international students that comprise 15% of students.
- The student body comprises of 47% minority students.
- The average age is 33 years and the gender distribution is 52.9% males and 47.1%, female
- According to Bloomberg Businessweek Rutgers’ MBA offers a 169% return of investment with MBA’s earning a salary of over $100.000
- Students are employed in a number of companies including Comcast, Subaru, L-3 Communications and others. The university is dedicated to connecting students with potential employers.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- The average GMAT score is 557
- The average GRE score breakdown is: 152 verbal;153 quantitative
- GMAT may be waived for the following qualifications: GMAT required except for the following: 1) Ph.D., JD or MD degree holders from accredited US schools or 2) MA degree holders from accredited US schools with acceptable GRE score and minimum 3.00 GPA on 4.00 scale. 3) Completed 8 years or more of progressive management/professional work experience and have taken any two undergrad quantitative courses (Math or Statistics) and had received a grade of a B or better.
- Students must submit required documentation:
- Original Undergraduate/graduate transcripts;
- A personal statement;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- GMAT, GRE or LSAT scores;
- Current resume.
- International students must submit TOEFL Scores and Financial Statement Documentation.
For domestic applicants the timeline is as follows:
- Fall Semester: Extended to August 22, 2018
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer Semester: May 1
For international applicants the timeline is as follows:
- Fall Semester: June 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- The acceptance rate of the program is 66%. From 209 applicants 138 were accepted and 105 new entrants.
- The Rutgers School of Business-Camden is accredited by AACSB International, which reviews the school every five years as part of the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Accreditation ensures that students are learning material most relevant to their field of study, preparing them to be effective leaders upon graduation.
Reviews and Ranking
- The MBA program is accredited by AACSB.
- USNews ranks it at #61 for best online MBA Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is the Rutgers-Camden MBA program a part-time program or a full-time program?
Ans: Students can opt to complete the program on a full-time basis, but only 15% do so. The program is designed to be flexible for working professionals and courses are offered in the evenings and occasionally on Saturdays.
Q 2: Is the Rutgers-Camden MBA program available online?
Ans: Working professionals can complete the program online.
Q 3: Is work experience required for admission to the Rutgers-Camden MBA program?
Ans: Work experience is highly recommended, but there is no requirement. The university admits very strong applicants from undergraduate programs.
Q 4: Are there concentrations in the Rutgers-Camden MBA program?
Ans: No. However, students can take advantage of the Focused Learning Modules which offers them the opportunity to expand their knowledge.
Q 5: When is the application deadline?
Ans: For domestic students, applications are due Dec. 1 for spring, May 1 for summer and Aug. 1 for fall. For international students, the deadlines are Nov. 1 for spring and June 1 for fall.
Q 6: What are the main criteria for admission?
Ans: The following factors are important determinants of admission:
GMAT score; Undergraduate institution, GPA and major area of study work experience and potential for leadership; TOEFL scores (if schooled outside the U.S.); Goals for pursuing the MBA degree
A weakness in one aspect of the application can be offset by strengths in other areas.
Q 7: When are admission decisions made?
Ans: Decisions are made on a rolling basis. You should expect to hear a decision within three to four weeks of submitting your completed application.
Q 8: Are research assistantships available?
Ans: Rutgers do not offer research assistantships. Some full-time students work for faculty as research assistants on a part-time, hourly basis.
- Rutgers University
- School of Business–Camden
- 227 Penn Street
- Camden, New Jersey 08102-1656
- Main Office: (856) 225-6800
- Academic Services: (856) 225-6216
- Fax: (856) 225-6231
- [email protected]
- Joany Mccracken: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- University of Cincinnati Online MBA
- KU School of Business Online MBA
- Old Dominion University Online MBA
- Samford University Online MBA
- Tennessee Tech University Online MBA