[Resourceful] Sam and Irene Black MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Sam and Irene Black School of Business MBA
Credit: Adeolu Eletu

Sam and Irene Black School of Business MBA

Introduction

  • The Sam and Irene Black School of Business MBA program offers a hybrid form program that is both ideal and flexible for students. Nearly 75% of classes are online and the remaining 25% of classes are delivered on campus.
  • The elective courses during the summer are completely delivered online. Classes usually meet nearly 5 times per semester.
  • Students will be provided with guidelines and instructions throughout the MBA program to help them solve complex business-related problems.
  • You will get to learn from the experiences of Sam and Irene Black School of Business alumni who will provide you with support and details about their experiences in the business market.

List of Courses Offered

The entire MBA program offered at Sam and Irene Black School of Business consists of 30 credit hours. These credit hours are divided into the following two:

Core Courses:

The core courses offered at Sam and Irene Black School of Business are stated below:

  • B ADM 512 Managing Effective Organizations
  • B ADM 532 Corporate Finance
  • B ADM 554 Marketing Strategy
  • B ADM 513 Quantitative Methods for Business
  • B ADM 514 Strategic Planning and Business Policy
  • B ADM 510 Cost Management for Decision Making and Control
  • B ADM 526 Leadership and Ethics

All of the core courses are worth 3 credit hours. The core courses combined equal to 21 of the total 30 credit hours.

Electives:

  • All of the electives provided at Sam and Irene Black School of Business are delivered online. Students get to select from a list of electives so they can complete the courses that best suit their needs. The elective courses are worth 9 credit hours.
  • So, the entire curriculum of the MBA program offered at Sam and Irene Black School of Business is divided into 7 core courses (3 credit hours per each) which all students must complete and electives (9 credit hours in total).

Duration

  • The program can be completed in one year of full-time study or two years of part-time work.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is not the same for local and international students $821 per credit hour for in-state residents and $1,286 per credit hour for out-of-state residents. You can complete the entire MBA program at about $30,000 for in-state residents and at about $45,000 for out-of-state students.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: All of the applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university.
  • Work Experience: Work experience is not required. Although it can significantly affect the chances of your application being accepted.
  • Language: All international applicants must provide a score in either the TOEFL or the IELTS.

Accreditation

  • The Pennsylvania State University – Erie, The Behrend College, Black School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • Sam and Irene Black School of Business was ranked amongst the top 290 business schools by the Princeton Review.

GMAT Requirements

  • All applicants are required to submit a score in either the GMAT or GRE. No minimum score is required in either of the two tests. The average GMAT score is 534.

Class Profile

  • 72% of students have in-state residence while 28% of students are from different countries worldwide.
  • The average GMAT score is 534.
  • Average GPA is 3.39.
  • The average age of students is 28 years.
  • 64% of students are male and the remaining 36% of students are female.
  • The average work experience of students is 6 years.

Scholarships

  • Scholarships are being provided to students at Sam and Irene Black School of Business.
  • These scholarships are awarded to students based on their financial needs.
  • These scholarships are awarded to students with high GPA and GMAT scores.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply online by using this link.
  • After clicking the link given above, click on “Create My Account”.
  • Create your account.
  • Log in to your account and submit your application.
  • Make sure that you submit all required material along with your application. For more information about the required material visit this page.
  • Now, you will be contacted through email about updates regarding your submitted application.

Application Timeline

  • The last date for the submission of the application for the fall semester is June 17, 2019. The fall semester will begin on August 26-December 20, 2019.

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is very high at 80%. With an average application material, you are most likely to get admitted and with above average application material, you’re guaranteed to be accepted.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Do I need to take the GMAT?

Ans: Yes, all the applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score. The average GMAT score is 534.

Q 2: Are international applicants required to submit an English language test score?

Ans: Yes, only the international applicants are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). If you cannot pass the TOEFL or do not want to take it then you can take the IELTS instead.

Q 3: Are scholarships awarded to students at Sam and Irene Black School of Business?

Ans: Yes, scholarships are being awarded every year at the Black School of Business

Q 4: What GPA does the average student at Sam and Irene Black School of Business hold?

Ans: The average GPA of students at Sam and Irene Black School of Business is 3.39.

Contact Information

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Online MBA

Free Guide Available!

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments