[Authoritative] Sam M. Walton MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Sam M. Walton College of Business MBA Program
Credit: rawpixel

Sam M. Walton College of Business MBA

Introduction

  • The Sam M. Walton College of Business MBA offers great insight into the always varying business market. The main focus at Walton is to teach students about the effects of social media on the business market as social media has completely changed the landscape of the business market.
  • At Walton, you get to be a part of a wide network of over 15,000 alumni who have experience in the business market. These alumni will share their experiences to help you develop and to get a better concept of the business world of today.
  • You get to study in Northwest Arkansas where you will make connections with some of the best recruiters in the business market.

List of Courses Offered

The entire MBA program at Walton consists of a total of 53 credit hours. These credit hours are divided into the following:

Fall Intersession (1 Credit Hour):

  • Walton MBA Orientation
  • MGMT 5391: Business History and Practice

Spring Semester No. 1 (11 Credit Hours):

  • ECON 5243: Managerial Economics
  • Career Track Class 1
  • Professional Development
  • ACCT 5223: Business Accounting
  • MGMT/ECON 537V: Global Business

Fall Semester No. 1 (13 Credit Hours):

  • MKTG 5103: Introduction to Marketing Management
  • FINN 5223: Financial Markets & Valuation
  • SCMT 5633: Introduction to Supply Chain Management
  • Professional Development
  • ISYS 5363: Business Analytics

Summer Semester (6 Credit Hours):

  • Internship
  • Global Experience

Spring Semester No. 2 (12 Credit Hours):

  • Professional Development*
  • Special Topics in Business
  • Career Track Class 3
  • Career Track Class 4
  • MGMT 5313: Strategic Management

Fall Semester No. 2 (10 Credit Hours):

  • MGMT 5223: Business Leadership & Ethics
  • Professional Development
  • Career Track Class 2
  • ISYS 5433: Enterprise Systems

Duration

  • An average student can expect to complete the entire MBA program within a time period of 22 months.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is the same for both local and international students. You can expect to complete the entire MBA program at a cost of $43,500.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: All applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
  • Work Experience: A professional work resume is required to be submitted by all applicants. Students with better quality of work experience are most likely to be admitted.
  • Language: All international applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree from an English speaking accredited university are required to submit an English language test score. At Walton, the TOEFL and IELTS are accepted.
  • GMAT or GRE: All applicants must submit a GMAT or GRE score with their application. GMAT or GRE scores are highly considered during the evaluation of applications meaning that students with a higher GMAT or GRE score are more likely to be accepted.

Accreditation

  • The University of Arkansas, Sam M.Walton College of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • Walton College of Business was ranked#48 by Businessweek for Undergraduate Business Schools Public.
  • Walton College of Business was ranked#30 by U.S. News & World Report for MBA.
  • Walton College of Business was ranked#26 by U.S. News & World Report for Americas Best Graduate School.

GMAT Requirements

  • GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum GMAT score, however, the average GMAT score of applicants is 620.

Class Profile

  • The average GMAT score is 620.
  • Average GPA is 3.40.
  • 75% of students are from Arkansas and the remaining 25% of students are from various countries.
  • An average alumnus makes over $73,000 per year.
  • 83% of students are male and the remaining 17% of students are female.
  • The average age of students is 27 years.

Scholarships

  • Scholarships are being provided to students every year at Sam M. Walton College of Business. Students are required to apply for the scholarship as everyone who joins the program is not considered for the scholarships at Walton.
  • These scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit so if you have a cumulative GPA of over 3.0 then you should apply for a scholarship here.
  • The last date for the submission of an application for a scholarship is February, 15.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply online by using this link.
  • You will be asked some basic questions in the form of MCQs.
  • Then you have to create an account.
  • Now, log in to your account and submit your application with the required material.
  • After you have successfully submitted your application, you will be then updated by the official team at Walton.

Application Timeline

There are 2 application deadlines at Walton College of Business is stated below:

  • Priority Deadline: January 15th
  • Final deadline: April 15th

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is very high at 61%. Over 1 out of every 2 applicant gets to be admitted to the MBA program offered at Sam M. Walton College of Business.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Are all applicants required to submit a GMAT or GRE?

Ans: Yes, all applicants at Walton are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score from within the past 5 years.

Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?

Ans: Only the international applicants at Walton are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).If you do not want to take the TOEFL then you can provide a GRE score instead.

Q 3: How many applications does the Walton college receive per year?

Ans: The number of applications differs every year. Some year, only 500 applicants apply and some year over 1,500 applicants apply. The Sam M.Walton College of Business receives about 1,000 applications every year.

Q 4: What is the average GPA of applicants?

Ans: The average GPA of applicants is 3.40.

Contact Information

  • Graduate School of Business
  • Willard J. Walker Hall 310
  • 1 University of Arkansas
  • Fayetteville, AR 72701
  • Phone: (479) 575-2851
  • Email: [email protected]

Other Articles You Might Like

Robert L. Tillman MBA

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

NEED HELP? HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS