[Reliable] Smeal College MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Smeal College of Business MBA
Credit: Debby Hudson

Smeal College of Business MBA

Introduction

  • The Smeal College of Business MBA program helps you in building connections with some of the top market researchers in business. The program helps you prepare to get an adequate post-degree job that will be selected by you. You will choose the destination and the team at Smeal will help you on your way towards your ideal destination.
  • Become a part of a wide network of over 690,000 alumni who are contributors to the Penn University and will offer their assistance to provide you with guidelines to help you learn.
  • Smeal MBA graduates are perfect for Amazon and are being hired by Amazon every year.
  • The great thing about Smeal is that an average graduate earns more than half of the money invested in the MBA degree within the first year after their graduation.

List of Courses Offered

The curriculum of the MBA program offered at Smeal College of Business is divided into the following 2 years:

Year 1:

The first year is divided into the following 4 modules:

  1. Module 1 has the following coursework:
  • Management
  • Business Statistics
  • Team Process and Performance
  • Financial Accounting
  1. Module 2 has the following coursework:
  • Marketing Management
  • Economics for Managers
  • Introduction to Finance
  1. Module 3 has the following coursework:
  • Strategic Management
  • Supply Chain Operations
  • Risk and Decision Analysis
  1. Module 4 has the following coursework:
  • Managerial Accounting
  • Concentration Introduction Courses

Year 2:

  • The second year at Smeal College of Business consists of electives from which you get to choose electives that suit you best.

Duration

  • The entire MBA program offered at Smeal College of Business can be completed in 2 years.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is not the same for local and out-of-state residents. As residents of Pennsylvania have to pay $25,430 for tuition at their first year at Smeal. Out-of-state residents have to pay $40,874 for tuition during their first year at Smeal.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required.
  • Work Experience: A professional work resume is not required to be submitted by applicants.
  • Language: All international applicants are required to submit an English language test score. Smeal College of Business accepts the TOEFL and IELTS.
  • GMAT: All applicants are required to submit a GMAT score or GRE score.

Accreditation

  • The Penn State University, Smeal College of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • Penn State, Smeal was ranked#7 for Faculty Quality by The Economist.
  • Penn State, Smeal was ranked#14 for Among U.S. Public by The Economist
  • Penn State, Smeal was ranked#6 for Pre-MBA Salary Increase by The Economist

GMAT Requirements

  • A GMAT or GRE test score must be submitted by all applicants of the MBA program. There is no minimum test score requirement. The average GMAT score of students at Smeal is 657 and the average GRE score is 157.

Class Profile

  • 70% of students have in-state residence while the remaining 30% of students are from different countries worldwide.
  • The average GMAT score is 657 and the average GRE score is 157..
  • Average GPA is 3.40.
  • The average age of students is 27 years.
  • 66% of students are male and the remaining 34% of students are female.

Scholarships

  • Students at Smeal College of Business are awarded scholarships every year.
  • R. Gene Richter Scholarship Program: Students with high academic achievement and leadership skills are mostly awarded the R. Gene Richter Scholarship.
  • Inbound Logistics & APICS Scholarship: Only one student is awarded the Inbound Logistics & APICS Scholarship that pays around $2,500.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply online to Smeal by using this link.
  • After clicking the link given above, click on “Penn State Graduate School Application portal”.
  • Now click “Create my account” to start creating your account.
  • Now log in to your account.
  • Submit your application with the required material.
  • Now, you will be contacted with updates regarding your submitted application by the official Smeal team.

Application Timeline

There are a total of 4 application deadlines at Penn which are mentioned below:

  • For Round 1 submit your application by October 1.
  • For Round 2 submit your application by December 1.
  • For Round 3 submit your application by February 1.
  • For Round 4 submit your application by April 1.

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is very low at only 19%. Therefore, there is a lot of competition at Smeal and it is tough to be one of the admitted applicants.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Are all applicants required to submit the GMAT?

Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score when you’re submitting your application in order for your application to be evaluated.

Q 2: Are international applicants required to submit an English language test?

Ans: Yes, only international applicants are required to take the TOEFL. The IELTS is also accepted instead of the TOEFL.

Q 3: If I already have an MBA degree can I still apply to Smeal?

Ans: No, applicants with an MBA degree are not accepted at Smeal.

Q 4: What is the average GPA of students at Smeal?

Ans: The average GPA of students at Smeal is 3.40.

Q 5: Is there an age limit for applicants?

Ans: No, there is no age limit for applicants to get accepted at Smeal.

Contact Information

  • Penn State Smeal MBA Program
  • 220 Business Building
  • The Pennsylvania State University
  • University Park, PA 16802
  • Phone: 814-863-0474 (U.S)
  • Email: [email protected]

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Online MBA

Free Guide Available!

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments