Stanford Graduate School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Stanford Graduate School of Business MBA program is a full-time MBA program that will help you achieve a general management degree and to help you develop your career path by teaching the required skills to achieve your ideal career.
- At Stanford, you will become a part of a program where you will learn leading skills in the business world by some of the best experts in the business market today who have solved numerous problems related to business.
- Cooperation is the key to success in business and this is one of the main mottoes at Stanford. Experts share their experiences in the tough and constantly changing the business world with students to help them learn.
List of Courses Offered
The MBA program offered at Stanford Graduate School of Business has a personalized course which is divided into the following 2 years:
Year 1 at Stanford:
Some of the main courses offered at Stanford Graduate School of Business are stated below:
- Finance I
- Finance II
- Optimization and Simulation Modeling
- Strategic Leadership
- Managerial Skills
- Ethics in Management
- Leadership Labs
- Strategy Beyond Markets
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
Year 2 at Stanford:
The second year at Stanford consists of mostly electives. Some of these electives are mentioned below:
- Organizational behavior
- Global management
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Strategic management
- Political economics
- Public management
- Managerial economics
- The entire MBA program at Stanford is targeted to be completed at a time period of 2 years.
- The cost of tuition does not differ for international and local students.
- The cost of tuition is about $70,590 per year at Stanford but there are other payments to be made such as payments on transportation, health insurance, books, and supplies.
- The total cost of studying at Stanford for one year expected to be over $100,000.
- Academic background: An undergraduate degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or more is required from an accredited university degree program.
- Work Experience: Professional work experience is not required.
- Language: All applicants who have completed a degree from an English speaking university are not required to take any sort of language tests. The students who have a degree from a non-English speaking university are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS.
- GMAT: All applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score.
- The Stanford University, Stanford Graduate School of Business is accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business was ranked#4 for their MBA program by U.S. News & World Report
- Stanford Graduate School of Business was ranked#2 for their MBA program by Bloomberg Businessweek
- Stanford Graduate School of Business was ranked#1 for their MBA program by Financial Times
- Stanford Graduate School of Business was ranked#5 for their MBA program by The Economist
- Stanford Graduate School of Business was ranked#1 for their MBA program by Forbes
- GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum score requirement for the GMAT or GRE scores. The GMAT is preferred over the GRE at Stanford.
- 58% of students have in-state residence while 42% of students are international students.
- The average GMAT score is very high at 732.
- The average GRE score is 165.
- The average TOEFL score is 113.
- Average GPA is very high at 3.73.
- The average work experience of students at Stanford is 4 years.
- 59% of students are male and the remaining 41% of students are female.
- Scholarships are provided to students at Stanford.
- Fellowships are also provided to students at Stanford Graduate School of Business. These fellowships are contributions of the community and are hence not required to be repaid. The Stanford GSB fellowship is nearly $35,000 per year and $70,000 for the entire MBA program.
- The Standford GSB fellowships are awarded to the students who have high merit but are facing financial issues.
- Every Stanford student is encouraged to pay a portion of their income to help Stanford.
- You can apply to Stanford online by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Creating a new account”.
- Now create your account.
- Log in to your newly created account.
- Submit the required material with your application.
- Wait for updates regarding your submitted application. You will be contacted by the official Stanford team.
There are 3 application timelines at Stanford Graduate School of Business which are mentioned below:
- For Round 1 submit your application by 18 September 2018
- For Round 2 submit your application by 10 January 2019
- For Round 3 submit your application by 3 April 2019
- Acceptance rate is very low at only 16%. This means that nearly 1 out of 6 applicants gets to be admitted at Stanford. It is very hard to get accepted to Stanford as there is a lot of competition. So, you will need a much better resume than your competitors if you hope to get accepted at Stanford.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Are all applicants at Stanford required to take the GMAT?
Ans: Yes, all applicants at Stanford are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score.
Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?
Ans: All international applicants at Stanford are required to submit an English Language test score. Stanford Graduate School of Business accepts the TOEFL test score and the IELTS. The TOEFL scores are preferred over the IELTS scores.
Q 3: Is Stanford accredited?
Ans: Yes, Stanford is accredited by AACSB.
Q 4: What is the average GPA of students at Stanford?
Ans: The average GPA of a student at Stanford is 3.73
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- 655 Knight Way
- Stanford, CA 94305-7298, USA
- Telephone: +1 (650) 723-2766
- Fax: +1 (650) 725-7831
- For more information, visit their official contact page.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Smeal College of Business MBA
- UConn School of Business MBA
- Miami School of Business MBA
- Scheller College of Business MBA
- Sam M. Walton College of Business MBA