Stevens’ School of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The online MBA program at Stevens Institute of technology is an AACSB-accredited program, the gold standard of accreditation. With a strong emphasis on the usage of technology in real-world business applications, the graduates of this degree excel at solving complex problems and seizing new opportunities.
- All classes are recorded and archived online for students to review at any time. These are accessible all around the clock to allow you the freedom to set your own schedule. This is a massive advantage in today’s fast-paced world of business.
- Stevens graduates are consistently in high demand by some of the top industry veterans and agencies alike. As such, starting and mid-career salary for the alumni of this program remains unmatched.
List of Courses Offered
The following classes make up the core coursework in this program:
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Leader Development
- Economics for Managers
- Statistical Models
- Global Business Markets
- Strategic Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Managerial Judgment & Decision Making
- Technology & Innovation Management
- Discovering & Exploiting Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Integration & Application of Technology Management
You are also required to choose an area of specialization. Each specialization is made of multiple classes. You must pick at least one area of specialty and complete all course within it.
Apart from the concentrations, you may also be required to complete foundational courses.
- With an average of 48 credit hours, you can complete the program within 4 to 6 years. The most frequent period of time for new students to graduate is 4 and a half years or more.
- The price per credit is the same at $1,554 for both domestic and international candidates. The average cost for the entire duration of the program is around $68,988. This is one of the highest fees charged among online MBA programs.
- College-funded aid is available in many forms, ranging from grants to scholarships. International students also qualify for the same privilege. Only 1% of the alumni graduated with a debt of $24,352 on average. A staggering 72% of new students were sponsored by their employers.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited institution is necessary.
- Work Experience: Although experience is not required per se, candidates are expected to have at least two years of professional work experience.
- Language: TOEFL test is mandatory for international candidates. The minimum acceptable score is 575 on paper-based and 100 on the internet-based test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average of new entrants is 27 years.
- The average GPA of successful candidates is 3.0.
- The average work experience is around 3 years, which is lower than many other programs.
- Stevens Institute of Technology had one of the highest percentages of international students at over 60%. This is a lot more than most of the other MBA programs where international students only account for single-digit percentages.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is the standard entry test for Stevens Institute of Technology.
- GMAT score reports older than 5 years are not accepted.
- While there is no set minimum, the average GMAT score of successful candidates ranges from 530 to 635. This is on the paper-based exam.
- No information on the GMAT waiver is shared online. You should contact the Director of Admissions for further details on this.
- You have to pay a $60 non-refundable fee
- You can start your application through the official website at https://gradadmissions.stevens.edu/apply/.
- Simply visit the URL above and create an account. You will have to enter your first and last name, birthdate and email address.
- Instructions are provided upon successful creation of the account. Just follow the guidelines on the screen and carefully enter all the information. You will also be prompted to upload any necessary documents (such as transcripts).
- Once your application is completed, the system will automatically forward it to the admissions department. A decision will be made after evaluation. You may also be contacted if any further information is required. However, please keep in mind that there are no set deadlines for a decision.
The program offers the following two entry points:
- Fall Semester — Deadline August 15
- Spring Semester — Deadline January 10
Candidates, especially international, are highly recommended to apply at least a month before the final date of submission. This will allow enough time to verify any foreign credentials.
- In the class of 2016-2017, 115 applications were received for admission. 85 out of those applications were successful. This works out to an acceptance rate of 74%, which is just about average when compared to other online programs.
- Online MBA programs at Stevens Institute of Technology are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked # 1 in Best Online MBA by the U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked # 10 in Best Online MBA by OnlineMBAToday
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How do online classes work?
Ans: All the coursework is delivered through the award-winning platform called WebCampus. There is a separate portal for each course where students can access materials, submit assignments, discuss with colleagues and so on.
Q 2: Is Stevens’ School of Business Online MBA program accredited?
Ans: This online MBA program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Q 3: Are discounts available for veterans?
Ans: Veterans and active military personnel may qualify for discounts. You can email email@example.com for any further information on this.
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- 1 Castle Point Terrace
- Hoboken, NJ 07030
- Director of admissions: Paul Easterling
- Admissions Phone: (888) 783-8367
- Admissions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Articles You Might Like
- Umass Lowell Online MBA
- University of Denver Online MBA
- Boise State University Online MBA
- LSU Flores Online MBA
- LSU Shreveport Online MBA