Martin J. Whiteman School of Management Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Established in 1870, Syracuse University is a private university and has a tradition of bringing students from across the world to create and break boundaries. The school consists of 13 schools and colleges, with each of the schools strategically located to accommodate students’ academic challenges. The school’s online MBA program is operated through the Martin J. White School of Management.
- The online MBA program is curated to impact students with decision-making and analytical skills needed in today’s competitive job market. The program also combines theoretical framework with practical approaches so that students can earn an MBA degree which carries the same value as the ones issued to on-campus students
- Whether you are a busy professional or a stay at home mum, the online MBA program of this university is designed to meet your needs. You can carry out research, submit your coursework and assignments from the comfort of your home or office. Classes are held through online platforms and students have the opportunity to network with captains of industries. The program is approved by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The program’s curriculum covers the following courses at 54 credit hours:
- Data analysis
- Organizational leadership.
There are several elective courses in areas such as:
- Project Management
- Marketing Research
- Six Sigma
- The total amount payable is $87, 480 at 54 credit hours. This amount does not include textbooks and other learning materials. Also, on an occasional basis, students might be invited to attend on-campus residency; transportation and meal cost to be borne by students.
Students are expected to meet the following criteria before they are considered for admission:
- Must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an approved university
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year work experience
- Students must write two (2) personal essays during the application process
- Students are required to submit at least two (2) recommendation letters
- Students are also required to submit their GRE or GMAT scores. These examinations can be waived for students with more than 5 years of work experience.
- International students are expected to submit their TOEFL scores
- Students are also required to forward their official degree transcripts (for students who earned their Bachelor’s degree from other universities) to
- Application Processing Services
- [email protected]
- Suite 501
- 7900 Harkins Road
- Lanham, MD 20706
How To Apply For Admission
- Visit https://apply.onlinebusiness.syr.edu/signup to get started
- Create an account by entering your email, password, first name, and last name
- Click on “start application”
- Confirm your email address
- Fill the application forms
- Upload your GRE or GMAT score if applicable
- Upload your recommendation letters
- If you meet the required criteria, the school’s admission committee will notify you of your admission status by mail.
- It takes 2 years to complete the program. But for flexibility purposes, students can seek advice from their academic advisors to extend their duration to 3 years if needed.
- The program is approved by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Class Profile And Potential Salary
- International students make up about 7% of the total number of students pursuing an online MBA degree
- The ratio of male to female is 7:3
- On average, the age of first-year students is 32 years
- Holders of online MBA of this great school earn around 80,000 annually.
- Syracuse University is ranked number 54 in National Universities rankings and number 11 by Financial Times in their 2018 ranking of online MBA programs across the world.
- Students are expected to have a GMAT score of 600 before they can be considered for admission. However, GMAT can be waived for students with 5 years of work experience.
- If you have GRE scores, click here to convert them to GMAT.
- Institution code for GRE is 2823
- The GMAT program code is NG0-SB-40
Students can apply for any of the following scholarships to defray their academic costs:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans: Eligible students can receive up to $20,500 in an academic session. This scholarship is regardless of students’ spousal or personal income.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loans: This scholarship is specifically for graduate students and can be accessed each academic year.
- Private Loans: Students who do not have the wherewithal to finance their academic costs can apply for private loans through private lenders.
- Syracuse University’s scholarship: Eligible students can also apply for scholarship through the Martin J. Whiteman School of Management.
- Veterans Benefits: Eligible students can also access funds through veterans benefits. Click here for more information
Acceptance Rate And Deadlines
- According to the program’s bulletin, the acceptance rate is 83%.
- Application deadlines are as follows
- August 2, 2019
- November 8, 2019
- February 6, 2020
- May 7, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Question one: Is the online MBA program accredited?
- The program is approved by AACSB and accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Question Two: How do I apply for admission?
- You can apply for admission by following this link
Question Three: What is the total fee payable by students pursuing an online MBA?
- The total amount payable is $87,480.
Question Four: What are Syracuse University’s online MBA concentrations?
- You can choose from any of these concentrations – Accounting, Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing Management, Supply Chain Management.
Question Five: I possess more than 7 years of work experience, can I request for the GMAT requirements to be waived?
- You would be considered for admission if you have at least 5 years of work experience.
- Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University
- 721 University Avenue
- Syracuse University
- Syracuse, NY 13244-2450
- Phone Number:
- 844-SYR-4622 (844-797-4622)
- Email Address: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Arkansas State University Online MBA
- Ball State University Online MBA
- CU Pennsylvania Online MBA
- Cardinal Stritch University Online MBA
- Mercer University Online MBA