Tennessee Tech College of Business online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The hybrid industry immersed MBA program at Tennessee Technological University is designed for the needs and schedules of working professional so that they may obtain additional education to further their career ambitions.
- The program combines online courses as well as face-to-face meetings that allow enrolling students to communicate with experts in the fields of business.
- The education that is received from on-campus and fully online is the same quality. The MBA program is accredited by the AACSB, which puts the business schools in the top ranks.
- The class interaction is accomplished by use of an internet-based class management program called iLearn (powered by Desire2Learn).
- In addition to the quality of the program, the university prides itself on the affordability of its program. Geteducated.com lists our program a “Best Buy” and ranks us #15 on their list of 2013 Best Online Programs. AffordableCollegesOnline.org ranks Tennessee Tech in their list of Top 30 Online MBA Programs.
List of Courses Offered
Core courses at the university include the following:
- Accounting Information for Management Decisions
- Financial Management
- Analytical Decision Making
- Strategic Marketing
- Organizational Leadership
- Management of Information Technology
- Business Strategy
In addition to the core courses, the university offers students the opportunity to enroll in concentrations which include:
- HR Management
- International Business
Students choosing a concentration will be able to choose electives in the field of their concentration.
- The MBA program in 2016-2017 had 77 graduates. Most often people graduate within 2 years and the program target time is 1.5 years.
- The cost for enrolling in the Online MBA program for in-state residents totals $688 per credit hour. This includes the $488 in-state tuition, $170 online course fee, $30 business specialized academic fee.
- For out of state students the cost is $1,414 per credit hour. This includes the out of state tuition of $726 along with additional fees.
- Financial aid is offered in the form of graduate assistantships, diversity fellowships, scholarships, and institutional financial aid.
- Online programs, including the Online MBA, are eligible for financial aid though students might be required to take additional coursework. There is an additional cost for the pre-MBA program that students can choose to enroll in.
- Academic background: Four-year undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Work Experience: One or more years of work experience
- Language: TOEFL or IELTS is required. (Score of 550 on the paper-based test, a score of 79 for the Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT). A minimum score of 6.0 is required on the IELTS.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of enrolling students is 29 years
- Minority and international students comprise 17% of all students
- The gender distribution is 65.2% male and 44.8%, female
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT or GRE is required.
- The average GMAT Score is 508
- The average GRE score breakdown looks like the following: 152 verbal; 151 quantitative; 4 analytical writing
- Applicants may request to waive the standardized test required under the following circumstances: They have completed an advanced terminal degree (e.g., Ph.D., J.D., M.D., Pharm.D., DBA) from a regionally accredited US college or university. They have completed a master’s degree in a scientific, technical, quantitative, or another field with a substantial quantitative component (e.g., math, engineering, computer science, statistics, economics) from a regionally accredited US college or university with a graduate GPA of at least 3.0.
All applicants to the program must submit the required documentation:
- Verification of adequate financial support
- Verification from sponsors ability to provide financial support
- Submission of a letter of recommendation
- Submission of a Student Health Form
- Official transcripts from regionally accredited institutions of higher education
- TOEFL or IELTS Score for international students is required
- Submission of GMAT or GRE scores
- Last Day for International Applicants to Apply for Summer 2018
- Admission: February 1
- Last Day for US Applicants to Apply for Summer 2018
- Admission: May 1
- Last day for International Applications to apply for Fall 2018
- Admission: April 1
- Last Day for US Applicants to apply for Fall 2018
- Admission: July 1
- Last Day for International Applicants to Apply for Spring 2019
- Admission: October 1
- Last Day for US Applicants to Apply for Spring 2019
- Admission: November 10
- From 299 applicants, the MBA program accepted 160 along with 137 new entrants which give this program an acceptance rate of 54% thus making a somewhat selective program.
- Tennessee Tech’s business programs are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). To achieve this prestigious accreditation, the College of Business successfully demonstrated a wide range of quality standards relating to curriculum, faculty resources, admissions, degree requirements, facilities, financial resources, and intellectual climate.
Reviews and Ranking
- Tennessee Tech’s online MBA program is #68 in the country in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 “Best Online MBA Programs.”
- Geteducated.com lists the program as a “Best Buy” and ranks #15 on their list of 2013 Best Online Programs.
- AffordableCollegesOnline.org ranks us in their list of Top 30 Online MBA Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Do I have to start the program in the Fall Semester?
Ans: We accept new students in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. However, summer courses are limited.
Q 2: I have management experience, do I still need to take the GMAT or GRE?
Ans: Yes. The program is a general management MBA program and has not been structured as an Executive or Professional MBA. Therefore, for accreditation purposes, the university cannot give GMAT or GRE credit for prior work experience.
Q 3: What will my diploma look like?
Ans: Campus-based and online programs earn the same degree. The diploma will not indicate that you have taken online courses. You will have the same courses, the same professors, and the same diploma as campus-based students. Concentrations are not listed on your diploma but are noted on your transcript.
Q 4: I work for the state of Tennessee, will the state cover my tuition?
Ans: The state will cover the cost of in-state tuition for State of Tennessee Employees. However, the differential of the cost between campus-based and online courses is not currently covered by the state reimbursement plan.
- College of Business
- P.O. Box 5025
- Cookeville, TN 38505
- Kate Nicewicz
- (931) 372-3600
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- UW Whitewater Online MBA
- CCU Online MBA
- Oklahoma State University Online MBA
- Cedarville University Online MBA
- University of Delaware Online MBA