Tepper School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Tepper School of Business MBA program helps in shaping the students as the future leaders in the world of business and analytics. You will be taught the analytical and leadership skills that will help you understand the complex problems of the business world and to be a leader in a big organization.
- There is a big team at Tepper School of Business, there is 1 faculty member for an average of 8 students. The faculty at Tepper are world-class researchers in the business world who solve real-world business problems and these people will share their experiences with you.
- There are three types of MBA programs offered at Tepper which are the Full-Time MBA program, Part-Time Flex MBA program, and the Part-Time Online MBA program.
List of Courses Offered
The main focus of the course provided at The Tepper School of Business is to develop analytical and leadership skills.
The Course of Year 1:
The concentrations offered at year 1 are stated below:
- Management Presentations
- Managerial Economics
- Probability and Statistics
- Interpersonal Communication
- Optional Electives
The Course of Year 2:
The concentrations offered at year 2 are stated below:
- Ethics and Leadership
- Managing People and Teams
- The entire course is completed within 21 months and is divided into two years.
- The cost of tuition is about $43,000 per year and you can expect to complete their entire program in about 21 months. So, the entire program can be completed within 21 months. So, you can expect to complete the entire MBA program at about a cost of nearly $100,000 including other one time fees.
- Academic background: Every applicant must have an undergraduate degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or more from an accredited university degree program.
- Work Experience: Work experience is not required. Although it can significantly enhance the chances of your application being accepted.
- Language: Applicants who have completed a degree from an English speaking university are not required to take any sort of language tests. However, international applicants who have a degree from a non-English speaking university are required to provide a TOEFL score or IELTS score.
- GMAT: All applicants are required to submit a GMAT score. If you do not want to take the GMAT then you can submit a GRE score instead.
- The Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- The Tepper School of Business was ranked #12 for Best Business School by Bloomberg Businessweek.
- The Tepper School of Business was ranked #3 for Best Online MBA by U.S News & World Report.
- The Tepper School of Business was ranked #1 for Best MBA for ROI by QS Top MBA.
- A GMAT score must be submitted by all applicants. If you do not want to take the GMAT then you can provide a GRE score instead. The average GMAT score is 690.
- 66% of students have in-state residence while 34% of students are international admitted applicants.
- The average GMAT score is 690.
- Average GPA is 3.40.
- The average work experience of students is 5.6 years.
- 72% of students are male and the remaining 28% of students are female.
- Due to the generous alumni and other supporters of the Mellon University, scholarships and are awarded to students.
- All students are considered for scholarships at the time of their admission, no additional information is required to be considered for scholarships.
- The Tepper School of Business is also working with the Forté Foundation that is a non-profitable organization that provides scholarships and is working to increase the number of women in the business market.
- You can apply to the Tepper School of Business online by using this link.
- First of all, you have to register with Terry by creating an account.
- Now, log in to your account.
- Submit your application with all the required material.
- After your application is submitted, you will be contacted with updates regarding your submitted application by the official Tepper team.
Application timelines are divided into the following 4 rounds:
- Round 1 is for Full-Time students and application deadline is Oct 3, 2018.
- Round 2 is for Full-Time, Part-Time Online, and Part-Time Flex students and application deadline is January 5, 2019.
- Round 3 is for Full-Time, Part-Time Online, and Part-Time Flex students and application deadline is March 7, 2019.
- Round 4 is for Part-Time Online and Part-Time Flex students and the application deadline is April 18, 2019.
- Acceptance rate is moderate at 30%. Nearly 1 out of every 3 applicants gets accepted. So, if you have an above average application material chances are you will get to be one of the admitted applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Are all applicants required to provide a GMAT score?
Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score when you’re submitting your application. The average GMAT score is very at 690. So, you should have a good GMAT or GRE score if you want to be one of the admitted applicants.
Q 2: Are international applicants required to submit a language test?
Ans: Yes, all international applicants are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). If you do not want to take the TOEFL then you can take IELTS instead. The TOEFL is preferred over the IELTS at Tepper.
Q 3: How many applications do you receive per year?
Ans: The applications submitted to Tepper varies every year. The number of applications submitted to Tepper ranges somewhere between 800-1200 per year.
Q 4: Are all applicants required to have an undergraduate degree?
Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. The average GPA of the students at Tepper School of Business is 3.40.
- Tepper School of Business
- Carnegie Mellon University
- 5000 Forbes Avenue
- Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Phone: 412-268-5687
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Questrom School of Business MBA
- Thunderbird School MBA
- Joseph M. Katz MBA
- Paul Merage MBA
- UCLA Anderson School MBA