Terry College of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Terry College of Business MBA program is a full-time MBA program. The program offers a selective and market-driven course and the main focus at Terry College of Business is the personal development of the students.
- Great assistance is provided at Terry even for the applicants. The official team at Terry offers you help and provide guidelines on how to get admitted at Terry and on how to understand the business market of today.
- The chance to be a part of a wide network of over 13,000 alumni who will share their experience and offer support throughout your time at Terry.
- Completing the full-time MBA program at Terry means to learn everything you need in order to become an expert in the business market.
List of Courses Offered
The main curriculum of the MBA program offered at Terry School of Business consists of a total of 60 credit hours. You are required to complete 2 out of 4 project courses which are mentioned below;
- Consulting Projects
- FinTech Projects
- Innovative Business Projects
- Lean Six Sigma
Furthermore, there are 8 core courses which are stated below;
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- Applied Business Statistics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Economic Analysis for Business Leaders
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
- The target time for a student to complete the entire MBA program at Terry is 2 years.
- The cost of tuition is not the same for out-of-state residents and in-state residents. Residents of Georgia can expect to pay about $15,670 for one year and residents outside of Georgia can expect to pay about $34,378 per year. The MBA program costs a lot of money for out-of-state residents and Georgians residents can expect to complete their MBA program at a moderate cost.
- Academic background: An undergraduate degree from any university with a GPA of 3.0 or more is required to get accepted.
- Work Experience: You are not required to submit a work resume but it is highly preferred that you do. There are downsides to not submitting a work resume as without a work resume your employment options will be reduced and your return on investment will be reduced as well.
- Language: International applicants will be required to submit a TOEFL score of at least 100 or an overall IELTS score of 7.
- GMAT: All applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score, a GMAT score is preferred over the GRE score.
- The University of Georgia, Terry School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Terry School of Business was ranked #29 for Bachelor of Business Administration by U.S. News & World Report.
- Terry School of Business was ranked #44 for Full-Time MBA by The Economist
- Terry School of Business was ranked #50 for Full-TIme MBA by Forbes
- Terry School of Business was ranked #43 for Full-TIme MBA by Poets & Quants
- Terry School of Business was ranked #40 for Full-TIme MBA by U.S News & World Report
- GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. A GMAT score is preferred over a GRE score. There is no minimum score required for the GMAT and GRE scores but you should submit a good score in either of these to get accepted. Veterans are awarded GMAT waivers for their services.
- 81% of students are from the US and from those students, about 50% are Georgian residents. 19% of students are from different countries around the world.
- The average GMAT score is 665. The GMAT score ranges from 620-710. And the average GRE score is 315.
- Average GPA is 3.53.
- The average score of TOEFL is 109.
- The average age of students is 26.
- The average work experience of students is about 3 years.
- 63% of students are male and the remaining 37% of students are female.
- All applicants are considered for the scholarship and assistantships and these scholarships and assistantships are awarded to the most deserving students.
- Students are provided with private educational loans, these loans are interest based and all students are required to apply for these loans.
- Veterans are not required to pay the application fee.
- The entire application can be submitted to Terry School of Business online by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Create an account” to create an account.
- After creating your account, submit your application with all the required material.
- Make sure that all required material is provided with your application before the submission of your application.
- After your application is submitted then you will be updated regarding your submitted application by the official Terry team.
There are a total of five different timelines at Terry to begin your MBA. The deadlines for the submission of your application are stated below:
- The deadline for submission of the application for Round 1 is October 10, 2018, 11:59 PM EST
- The deadline for submission of the application for Round 2 is December 5, 2018, 11:59 PM EST
- The deadline for submission of the application for Round 3 is January 10, 2019, 11:59 PM EST
- The deadline for submission of the application for Round 4 is March 15, 2019, 11:59 PM EST
- The deadline for submission of the application for Round 5 is June 1, 2019, 11:59 PM EST
- Acceptance rate is great at 40%. With good application material, you’ll easily get to be one of the admitted applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Do I need to take to provide a GMAT or GRE score?
Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score (GMAT score is preferred) when you’re submitting your application in order for your application to be evaluated. The average GMAT score is 665.
Q 2: What is the average GPA of applicants?
Ans: The average GPA of applicants is 3.53.
Q 3: Are international applicants required to submit an English language test score?
Ans: Yes, but only international applicants are required to provide the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). A minimum TOEFL score of 100 is accepted. If you do not want to take the TOEFL, you can take the IELTS instead of the TOEFL. A minimum overall IELTS score of 7 is required to be accepted.
Q 4: Are veterans required to pay the application fee?
Ans: No, veterans are not required to pay the application fee of $100 and are also given GMAT waivers.
- Full-Time MBA Program
- Terry College of Business
- 314 Correll Hall
- 600 S Lumpkin St.
- Athens, GA 30602
- Tel: 706-542-5671
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Stern School of Business MBA
- D’Amore McKim MBA
- Lundy Fetterman MBA
- Ross School of Business MBA
- Jesse H. Jones MBA