Thunderbird School of Global Management MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Thunderbird School Of Global Management program helps you learn the best techniques and methods used in the real-life business-world of today. The program helps you to become a part of the interconnected business market. The program is an AACSB accredited program.
- The Thunderbird School Of Global Management provides you with the tools necessary for learning and understanding the complex concepts of the forever varying business world.
- The program is made by some of the best business minds of today which is why it was ranked #1 by the Times Higher Education for the Master in Management rankings in the year 2019.
- The program is delivered online so you can make your own schedule and study accordingly.
List of Courses Offered
The course offered at Thunderbird School of Global Management consists of a total of 49 credit hours that are divided amongst the following:
- Thunderbird flagship global leadership courses (Comprises of 18 credit hours)
- Thunderbird applied learning (client-facing projects, consulting projects, field seminars, internships, corporate partnership programs) (Comprises of 6 credit hours)
- Electives in your chosen concentration (Comprises of 12 credit hours)
- Electives of your choosing (Comprises of 12 credit hours)
- Career-preparation courses (Comprises of 1 credit-hour)
- An average student can expect to complete the entire program within a year. Some students take up to 2 years to complete the entire program.
- The cost of tuition is the same for both local and international students. You can expect to complete their entire program for about $70,000.
- Academic background: A undergraduate degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or more is required from an accredited university degree program.
- Work Experience: Work experience is not required. Although it can significantly affect the chances of your application being accepted.
- Language: Students who have completed a degree from an English speaking university are not required to take any sort of language tests. The students who have a degree from a non-English speaking university are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS.
- The Arizona University, Thunderbird School Of Global Management is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Thunderbird was ranked #1 in the Master’s in Management by Times Higher Education
- Thunderbird was ranked #1 in the Most Innovative School in the U.S by U.S News and World Report
- Thunderbird was ranked #1 in the Internationalism of Alumni by The Economist
- GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum GMAT score, however, the average GMAT score of applicants is 601.
- 40% of students have in-state residence while 60% of students are from different countries worldwide.
- The average GMAT score is 601.
- Average GPA is 3.30.
- Alumni with a career of 20 years work make about $2,345,535.
- 68% of students are male and the remaining 32% of students are female.
- Global Excellence Scholarships: Any students may qualify for a scholarship based on academic performance.
- Military Service Scholarship: Scholarship opportunities are also available for military personnel.
- You can apply online by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Graduate Admission”.
- After clicking on “Graduate Admission”, register by creating an account.
- After creating an account, log in and follow the guidelines provided by Thunderbird to submit your application.
- Once your application is completed and submitted then you will be notified by email regarding updates about your submitted application.
Application deadlines are mentioned below:
- Application opens: September 1
- Early-consideration deadline: October 30
- First-round deadline: November 30
- Second-round and scholarship deadline: January 30
- Third-round and international student deadline: March 30
- Final deadline: May 25
- Acceptance rate is very low at 20%. Therefore, you’ll need a professional work resume and a good GMAT or GRE score if you want to be an admitted applicant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Do I need to take the GMAT?
Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score when you’re submitting your application in order for your application to be evaluated. The average GMAT score is 601.
Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?
Ans: Only international students are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). A minimum TOEFL score of over 80 is required and a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required to be accepted.
Q 3: Are there any benefits for veterans?
Ans: Yes, there are 4 main benefits for veterans that are mentioned below:
- One-on-one enrollment and admissions counseling
- Application fee waiver
- Customized support services
- Military service scholarships/financial assistance
Q 4: What is the average GPA of applicants?
Ans: The average GPA of applicants is 3.30
Q 5: (For international students) How long does it take to get an I-20?
Ans: International students who are studying in the United States of America are required to have an I-20 Form in order to get their visa interview. Students are required to complete a financial guarantee form and then attach a scholarship/sponsorship letter and a bank statement to get their I-20 form. It usually takes about 2 weeks to obtain an I-20 form.
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- 400 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 900
- Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Phone: 602-496-7000
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- A. Franke College of Business MBA
- UCLA Anderson School of Management MBA
- Tuck School of Business MBA
- Tippie College of Business MBA
- The Wharton School MBA