Tippie College of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Tippie College of Business MBA program is a globally accepted program, a degree from Tippie College of Business is given high value all over the world. You can be living in Dubai or Des Moines and your degree would still be accepted.
- At Tippie, you’re placed in the driver’s seat as you get to control the direction of your career and the experienced team at Tippie helps you reach your desired destination.
- Become a part of a huge network of over 50,000 alumni who will provide guidelines and support throughout your time at Tippie.
- The University of Iowa has been accredited by the AACSB for about 90 years.
List of Courses Offered
The online MBA program at Tippie School of Business consists of 9 core courses which every student must complete. These core courses are stated below:
- Marketing Management
- Operations and Supply Chain
- Management in Organizations
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Managerial Economics
- Business Integration
- Foundations in Strategy
- Managerial Finance
- Business Analytics
Furthermore, every student gets to choose from a list of electives. These electives are mentioned below:
Management & leadership
- Managing Employee Performance
- Leadership & Personal Development
- Dynamics of Negotiations
- Law & Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- Strategic Employee Development
- Strategic Brand Positioning
- Digital Marketing Insights, Applications & Strategies
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing Analytics
- Corporate Investment & Financing Decisions
- Wealth Management
- Portfolio Management
- The average time for a student to complete the entire program is about 2 years.
- The entire MBA program offered at Tippie consists of a total of 15 courses. Each course cost around $2,100. So you can expect to complete the entire program at a cost of about $31,500.
- Academic background: An undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or more is required to join.
- Work Experience: Work experience is not required. Although, an average student has a work experience of about 3 years.
- Language: Students who have an undergraduate degree from an English speaking university are not required to take any sort of language test. The students who have a degree from a non-English speaking university are required to take a language test. Applicants are required to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- The Tippie School of Business is proud to be accredited for 90 years by the AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Tippie was ranked #22 in the U.S for Professional MBA Program and was ranked #36 for Full-time MBA Program by U.S News & World Report.
- Tippie was ranked #6 for Fastest Payback in 2015 by Forbes.
- Tippie was ranked #4 for Best in Finance in 2017 by Financial Times.
- GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum GMAT score, however, the average GMAT score of applicants is 676.
- The average age of students is 28.
- The average GMAT score is 676.
- Average GPA is 3.22.
- 81% of students are male and the remaining 19% of students are female.
- Average work experience of students is 4.1 years.
- Federal & Private Loans: Students are provided with federal or private loans. Students who want to take loans are required to submit a Federal Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
- Scholarships are also provided to students with above average academic resumes.
- Veterans are provided with benefits as they don’t have to pay the application fee and can waive the GMAT. For more information about veteran benefits, visit their official page.
- You can apply to the University of Iowa online by using this link.
- First of all, you have to create an account.
- After creating an account, you have to submit an application.
- You have to submit all the required material with your application.
- You can save your work on your application and start again anytime.
- As soon as your application is completed and submitted, you will be notified by email regarding updates of the submitted application.
- An application fee of $60 is charged for domestic applicants and $100 for international applicants.
- Applications are now being accepted by Tippie School of Business. No deadline for submission of applications for the Online MBA program has been declared. See their official page for more information.
- Acceptance rate is moderate at 31%. Nearly 1 out of every 3 applicants get to be admitted to the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Do I need to take the GMAT?
Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to provide a GMAT or GRE score. The average GMAT score is 676.
Q 2: Are international applicants required to submit?
Ans: Yes, all international applicants are required to provide a score of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS.
Q 3: What is the average GPA of applicants?
Ans: The average GPA of applicants is 3.22.
- 108 Pappajohn Business Building, Suite C120
- Iowa City, IA 52242-1994
- Phone: 319-335-0862
- Fax: 319-335-0860
- Toll-Free: 800-553-4692
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Rady School of Management MBA
- Mack Robinson MBA
- UAA College of Business MBA
- The Busch School MBA
- David Eccles School of Business MBA