Tuck School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Tuck School of Business Online MBA degree is an AACSB accredited program. This program makes you a part of a big community of over 10,000 supportive alumni with whom you’ll be connected for a lifetime. Becoming a part of their wide network can help you communicate with other students and alumni easily.
- Learning from their program means to learn all about the concepts of the business world and to use these concepts to solve real-world business-related problems.
- The program is completely delivered online. So, there’s no need to be present on-campus. All courses and lectures are available online to be accessed at any time of the day. Joining the Tuck School of Business Online MBA program means to take on complex challenges in order to be prepared to be a leader in the business world of tomorrow.
List of Courses Offered
The core curriculum is the foundation and more than 100 electives are provided to choose from. Tuck’s elective curriculum gives students the flexibility to chart their own path. Tuck does not offer a part-time program, only a full-time program is available. Total credit hours are 82.5 course credits (Broken down into 46.5 credits for the 16 core courses taken during the first year and 12 elective courses taken during the second year). Following are the required courses:
- Analysis for General Managers
- Leading Individuals and Teams
- Managerial Economics
- Statistics for Managers
- Capital Markets
- Decision Science
- Financial Measurement, Analysis, and Reporting
- Leading Organizations
- Management Communication
- Competitive and Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Global Economics for Managers
- First-Year Project
- Operations Management
- Personal Leadership
- With a total of 82.5 credit hours, the program can be completed within 2 and a half to 5 years. The majority of the students earned their degree within three years.
- The cost of tuition is the same for both local and international students. You can expect to complete their entire program for about $51,468.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or more is required.
- Work Experience: Work experience of 2 years minimum is required.
- Language: Standard language exam is required for international students. Option for both TOEFL and IELTS is available. For TOEFL, you will need to score 600 on paper-based or 100 on the internet-based test. In the case of IELTS, you will need a score of 7.0.
- The Dartmouth College of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Tuck was ranked #10 in the annual U.S. News & World Report ranking of full-time MBA programs on March 2018.
- Tuck was ranked #5 by Forbes in rankings of the best business school of the country in September 2017.
- GMAT is required for admission. The competition at Dartmouth’s Tuck school of business is very high as last year only 293 members were accepted. So, a GMAT score of over 700 can increase your chances of being accepted otherwise a professional work experience of at least 5 years can improve your chances of being accepted if your GMAT score is lower than 700.
- 71% of students have the U.S. and Canadian citizenship. 16% are from Asia and only 8% have European citizenship.
- The average GMAT score is 722 and Average GRE score 163.
- Average GPA is 3.49.
- An average student has professional work experience of 21 months.
- 55% of students are male and the remaining 45% of students are female.
- Tuck offers scholarships to students who face problems financing their educational degree.
- Students who have been awarded a scholarship for the first year are automatically provided with a scholarship for the second year at Tuck.
Application deadlines are mentioned below:
- Round One: Last date for application submission is September 24, 2018
- Round Two: Last date for application submission is January 7, 2019
- Round Three: Last date for application submission is April 1, 2019
- Acceptance rate is very low at only 23%. So, you’ll need high-quality work experience and have a good GMAT score if you want to be accepted.
- You can apply online by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above then you have to click on “Create an account”.
- After successfully creating an account, you should log in to continue submitting an application.
- Follow the guidelines provided by their official system to submit your application.
- Once your application is completed then you will be notified by email regarding updates about your submitted application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Do I need to take the GMAT?
Ans: You are not required to submit a GMAT or GRE score when you’re submitting your application. However, a GMAT or GRE score can enhance your chances of being accepted.
Q 2: Do I need to take the TOEFL?
Ans: Only international students are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). If you do not want to take TOEFL than you can take the IELTS instead.
Q 3: What grades does the average applicant hold?
Ans: The average applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 3.49.
Q 4: Is full-time work experience necessary to apply?
Ans: Mostly the applicants accepted have a work experience of 2 years of high-quality work experience. When your application is being evaluated then the quality of your work is considered over the amount of time you have worked. So, quality is considered above quantity at Tucks.
- Tuck School of Business
- 100 Tuck Hall
- Hanover, NH 03755 USA
- Phone: 603-646-TUCK (8825)
- Office of Admissions: 603-646-3162
- [email protected]
- Rebecca Dickey, Program Coordinator, TuckGO
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 603-646-9059
Other Articles You Might Like
- Tippie College of Business MBA
- The Wharton School MBA
- The Busch School of Business MBA
- Terry College of Business MBA
- Tepper School of Business MBA