UCCS College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The UCCS College of Business has been providing quality education since 1996. With a strong focus on distance education, the faculty consists of experts with years of experience in the arena. The value of this degree is further appreciated by the AACSB accreditation.
- Each class in the program is recorded and archived online. The students can access it online 24/7 from any part of the world. There is no requirement for real-time attendance.
- As such, you can set your own schedule and ultimately the pace of your studies. Such flexibility makes it an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to keep their day job while working towards a Master’s in Business Administration.
List of Courses Offered
After an evaluation of your academic background, you may be required to attend foundational classes. Following is the list of all 3 foundational courses (worth 3 credit hours each):
- Introduction to Accounting (ACCT 5500)
- Fundamentals of Economics (BUAD 5500)
- Fundamentals of Business Statistics (QUAN 5500)
Eight core courses that make up the heart of the program. Each one is worth 3 credit hours. Following is the list of all core classes:
- Strategic Foundations for Responsible Management (STRT 6000)
- Accounting for Decision Making (ACCT 6100)
- Corporate Financial Management (FNCE 6000)
- Information Systems (INFS 6000)
- Leading & Managing in Changing Times (MGMT 6000)
- Marketing Strategy (MKTG 6000)
- Operations: Competing Through Capabilities (OPTM 6000)
- Strategic Management (STRT 6500)
There are also 4 electives worth 3 credit hours each. As such, you may be required to complete 12 credit hours worth of elective classes.
- With a total of 36 credit hours, the program can be completed within 3 to 6 years. This is in line with the most frequent duration of 3 years to graduate.
- The program allows you the flexibility to choose your own schedule of studies. As such, you may be able to complete it sooner or later than that.
- Tuition is different depending on your location. Candidates residing within the same state must pay $726 per credit hour. Fees are higher for out-of-state candidates at $834 per credit hour.
- This works out to around $26,000 for domestic and $30,000 for international students.
- Neither local nor international students are offered any form of financial assistance. Veterans and active military personnel qualify for in-state tuition.
- Academic background: All candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Candidates are also required to provide one official transcript from every higher education institution ever attended. An average grade point is calculated from this.
- Work Experience: There is no set requirement of minimum years of work experience. However, all candidates need to submit an up-to-date resume.
- Language: TOEFL is mandatory for international candidates. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based or 85 on the internet-based test is necessary.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
Following are the stats for the class of 2016-2017:
- International students only accounted for 4% of the student population.
- The average age of new entrants was 35 years.
- With an almost equal gender distribution, 50.9% of the students were female whereas the remaining 49.1% were female.
- The average candidate had a GPA of 3.3.
- The average GMAT score was 593.
- Three graduates were either veterans and active service members.
- A vast majority of the alumni of this program found employment within the first year of graduation. The average salary stood at $63,000 annually.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is the stand entry exam for this program.
- A GMAT report older than 5 years are not accepted.
- A score of 550 or above is necessary for a successful application.
- The average applicant had a GMAT score of 593.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates holding an advanced degree (Master’s or higher) with an overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
- A waiver is also possible for candidates with a minimum of 5 years of full-time professional work experience or military service.
- Candidates can apply for this program online through the official website at https://uccs.edu.185r.net/application/login/.
- Go to the above URL and create an account. You will need to enter your name, email address, a username, and a password.
- Once the account is registered, you will be provided with clear instructions throughout your application. Follow each step and enter all the information carefully. You may also attach any required documents (transcripts, qualifications and so on).
- The application fee is $60 for local and $100 for international students. You can make the payment online with your credit card or an electronic check.
- After the payment is processed successfully, your application will be sent to the relevant department. The university will contact you if any further information or documentation is required.
Following are the three semesters on offer:
- Fall semester: 1st of June is the final date of submission.
- Spring semester: 1st of November is the final date of submission.
- Summer semester: 1st of April is the final date of submission.
- According to the statistics published online, a total of 92 candidates applied for the UCCS Online MBA program. Out of those, 72 were accepted. This works out to an acceptance rate of 78%, which is a little under average, compared to other degrees.
- UCCS accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) places us in the top 5% of business schools worldwide, and U.S. News & World Report ranks the UCCS College of Business in the top third of AACSB International accredited business schools.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked at 54 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I apply if my undergraduate degree was not in business?
Ans: Candidates holding a bachelor’s in any field can apply for the program. However, you might be required to complete the foundational classes first.
Q 2: How many credit hours is the program?
Ans: The program requires a minimum of 36 credit hours. This number can increase if you take the foundational classes as well.
Q 3: Can my application still be accepted if my GMAT score is below average?
Ans: At UCCS, your GMAT score is only one of the many factors taken into consideration when deciding on your application. Having a low score does not automatically disqualify you. Candidates with a strong profile in other areas are routinely accepted into the program. To that end, letters of recommendation may improve your chance considerably.
- College of Business
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- 1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
- Colorado Springs, CO 80918
- Director of admissions: Rosey Reidl-Smith
- Admissions Phone: (719) 255-3122
- Admissions email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Indiana University Online MBA
- NCSU Online MBA
- Princeton University Scholarships
- University of Miami Online MBA
- West Texas AM University Online MBA