Anderson School of Management MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The UCLA Anderson School of Management MBA program prepares some of the best MBAs to become a part of the business world. The program has a great network of over 39,000 alumni who will help you in your journey to becoming a leading figure in the business world of tomorrow.
- The UCLA Anderson School of Management provides a well-planned MBA program which is why big companies like Google, BCG, and Goldman Sachs recruit students from this program every year.
- The program is available to be accessed by students at any part of the day. So, students can study according to their own schedule and are not required to be present on-campus.
- The main motto at UCLA Anderson is to cooperate with your fellow students because they are strong believers of the concept of sharing success.
List of Courses Offered
There are mainly five required elements of the MBA program offered at UCLA Anderson that is mentioned below:
- Management Core
- Leadership Foundations
- The Advanced Electives
- The International Requirement
- The Applied Management Research project
Management Core: The management core is made up of 9 courses (Management 402, 403, 405, 408, 409, 410, 411, 420, and 421). These subjects teach the basic of the practice of management.
Advanced Electives: Students choose these courses from the management curriculum area or interdisciplinary studies courses to focus on one or more fields.
International Requirement: Students are required to fulfill the international requirement in 1 out of 2 ways. Number 1 is taking at least one course from a list of approved Management international electives and Number 2 being completing an approved international Applied Management Research project.
Applied Management Research Project: Applied Management Research is the last professional requirement of the M.B.A. program at UCLA Anderson. Each team is required to choose from a project out of the three options mentioned below:
- Management Field Study
- Business Creation
- Special Project.
A minimum of 90 units of work toward the degree is required to be completed in the full-time MBA program.
- Here at UCLA Anderson, you can expect to complete your online MBA program within 2 years. Some students take up to 3 or 4 years but the average time for a student to complete the entire program is 2 years.
- The cost of tuition is not the same for both local and international students. You can expect to complete their entire program for in-state students at about $58,588 and $56,909 for out-of-state students.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or more is required. This is usually a four-year degree.
- GMAT: All students are required to take the Graduate Admission Management Test or GRE. A minimum score is not required.
- Work Experience: Previous work resume is not required although it can significantly increase your chances of being accepted.
- Language: All students are required to take a TOEFL or IELTS except for students from a list of some selected countries. If you want more information then check out their official website page for language requirements.
- The UCLA Anderson School of Management is proud to be an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- UCLA Anderson was ranked #13 by Bloomberg BusinessWeek in the year 2015.
- UCLA Anderson was ranked #15 by U.S. News and World Report and was also ranked #17 by Forbes.
- UCLA Anderson was ranked #6 by The Economist.
- For more information about their rankings, visit their Wikipedia page.
- All applicants are required to take the GMAT or GRE. The date of the test of GMAT or GRE must be within a time period of 5 years from the date of the submission of application. An application without a GMAT or GRE score is not evaluated and is simply ignored. No minimum GMAT or GRE score is required, although your score has great significance during the evaluation of your application.
- 33% of students are from international countries and the remaining 77% of students from in-state.
- The average GMAT score is 719 which ranges from 680-750.
- Most students have a GPA of somewhere between 3.2-3.8.
- Average work-experience for a student is about 5 years although the quality of work is given more importance during the evaluation of an applicant.
- 65% of students are male and 35% of students are female.
- Fellowships: The UCLA Anderson fellowship is awarded to new admits based on the merit of their application.
- Federal Loans: Here at UCLA direct loans are provided to students by the federal government. These loans are provided only to U.S citizens or permanent residents. The maximum amount of loan provided to a student is $20,500.
- Private Loans: Private loans are also provided to U.S citizens or permanent residents who are a part of the full-time MBA program. International students are also provided with private loans based on their situations.
The application is accepted in 3 different time-periods during the year. The Application deadline for these 3 periods are mentioned below:
- The deadline for submission of an application for Period 1 is October 2, 2018
- The deadline for submission of the application for Period 2 is January 8, 2019
- The deadline for submission of the application for Period 2 is April 16, 2019
- Acceptance rate is quite low as only about 22% of the applicants are accepted.
- For applying, use this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Create an account” option which will appear in the middle right of the screen.
- After successfully creating an account, you should log in to continue submitting an application.
- Follow the guidelines provided by their official system to submit your application.
- Once your application is completed then you will be notified by email regarding updates about your submitted application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Do I need to take GMAT?
Ans: Yes, you are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score when submitting your application. However, no minimum GMAT or GRE score is required.
Q2: Do I need to take the TOEFL?
Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS test except applicants from a few selective countries.
Q3: What type of MBA formats are available at UCLA Anderson?
Ans: The following 4 types of MBAs are offered at UCLA Anderson:
- Full-Time MBA
- Fully Employed MBA
- Executive MBA
- Global EMBA for the Asia Pacific
Q4: Is work experience required for an applicant to be accepted?
Ans: No, work experience is not a necessity for submission of an application. However, work experience can boost your chances of being accepted.
Q5: What is the average GPA of applicants?
Ans: The average GPA of applicants ranges from 3.2-3.8.
- 110 Westwood Plaza,
- Gold Hall, Suite B201
- Los Angeles, CA 90095
- Phone: (310) 825-6944
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Christos M. Cotsakos MBA
- Kellogg School MBA
- Marshall School of Business MBA
- Tippie College MBA
- Rady School of Management MBA