Robert J. Manning School of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Robert J. Manning School of Business offers access to world-renowned faculty to help you tackle a relevant and challenging curriculum. Accredited by the AACSB, this program provides educational and career opportunities matched by no other.
- A strong emphasis is placed on preparing the students to excel in the fast-evolving world of business administration. This is achieved in part thanks to the low faculty-to-student ratio.
- The program is asynchronous which means all the classes are recorded and archived. As such, students can freely access the materials 24/7 through the digital platform. The online aspect is essential for working professionals with a busy schedule.
List of Courses Offered
After an evaluation from the director, you may be required to complete twelve credit hours worth of foundational courses. However, this is waivable if you can satisfy the criteria. The foundational classes are as follows (worth 2 credit hours each):
- Financial Accounting
- Business Financial Analysis
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Operations Fundamentals
- Organizational Behavior
- Global Enterprise and Competition
The advanced core courses make up the meat of the program. These are seven advanced class worth 3 credit hours each for 21 credits collectively. These are:
- Accounting Information for Management Decisions
- Corporate Finance
- Analysis of Customers and Markets
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Managing Organization Design and Change
- Strategy Formulation and Implementation (capstone course)
You must also choose three electives worth 3 credits each. Different elective classes are offered each semester. You will have to complete 9 credit hours worth of electives to graduate successfully. For assistance in selecting your electives, email[email protected] or call 978-934-2848.
- The most frequent duration of the period for graduation is 4 years. However, your mileage may vary as you can study at your own pace. You may complete the program within 3 to 5 years. The three-year graduation rate is 55%.
- The program pricing is the same for all candidates, regardless of location. With a fee of $640 per credit hour, the program can be completed at an average cost of $19,200 for the entire duration. It is one of the most affordable online degrees out there.
- No form of financial aid is provided for any students, whether domestic or otherwise. Still, as many as 20% of the students graduated indebted with an average debt of $38,433. A large percentage of students, 55% to be precise, were sponsored by their employers.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited institution is necessary. The average GPA of successful candidates is 3.5.
- Work Experience: Work experience can increase your chances of being accepted. But work experience is not necessary.
- Language: International students are required to pass a standard language test. If you choose TOEFL, a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based or 100 on the internet-based test is essential. In the case of IELTS, you must score 7.5 or above.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- International students accounted for 56% of the total population, which is a lot more than the vast majority of online graduate programs out there.
- The average age of new entrants was 38 years.
- The average undergraduate GPA was 3.5.
- The average GMAT score was 539.
- Male students made up the majority at 65.6%. The remaining 34.4% were female.
- The average alumni found employment at a starting salary of $84,180 annually, which is much higher than the majority of the MBA programs out there.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- The standard admission test is GMAT.
- GMAT reports that are older than 5 years are not accepted.
- There is no set minimum score. However, a higher GMAT score will increase your chances of success.
- The option for GMAT waiver is available. You can download the GMAT Waiver Form and email it to [email protected]
- You can apply through the official website of UML at https://www.uml.edu/Admissions-Aid/Apply.aspx.
- You need to create an account through the above URL. Username, password, and an email address are all that is required.
- Once your account is created and verified, you will be presented with instructions for each of the application process. Be sure to carefully enter all the information and attach any necessary documentation (transcripts and such).
- You will be prompted to pay an application fee of $60 to proceed any further. You can make the payment digitally through a credit card or electronic check. Please note that your application will not be processed until the fee has been paid.
- If you did everything correctly, your application would be on its way to the admissions department. Now you only need to wait for the decision or any updates. You will be notified for both. Please note that there is no set deadline for a decision.
- Online candidates can join the program in Fall, Spring or the Summer semesters. Contact Linda South Southworth, the director of admissions, to learn more about this. Her contact details are provided at the bottom of this page.
- Of the 239 candidates that applied for the program in 2016-2017, as many as 220 got accepted. This works out to a staggering acceptance rate of 92%. If you’ve had a problem getting into other online MBA programs, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
- UMass Lowell’s Robert J. Manning School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. This is the highest level of business school accreditation an institution can achieve in the United States.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 47 in the nation among both public and private institutions by U.S. News & World Report.
- Ranked No. 43 among public institutions nationally by PayScale.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How many classes can I take in the same semester?
Ans: While part-time students take one or two courses per semester, you may take up to five classes to earn your degree at the earliest.
Q 2: How long will it take to complete this program?
Ans: While a typical student graduates with 4 years, you may take anywhere from 3 to 5 years. However, you must complete all classes by your fifth year.
Q 3: Is there any difference between the online and on-campus degree?
Ans: The online and the on-campus degree are identical, and as such, each holds the same value as the other.
Q 4: Will I have to attend the lectures in real-time?
Ans: As the program is asynchronous, you can access the archived lectures and materials at any time through the online portal.
- The Office of Graduate Admissions
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- 1 University Ave Cumnock Hall Suite 110
- Lowell, MA 01854
- Director of admissions: Linda Southworth
- Admissions Phone: (800) 656-4723
- Admissions email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- University of Denver Online MBA
- Boise State University Online MBA
- LSU Flores Online MBA
- LSU Shreveport Online MBA
- Missouri S&T Online MBA