UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School Online MBA
|Course Offered||Online MBA|
|Work experience||Two years|
- Courses Offered
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Admission Requirements
- Our Review and Opinion
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
Lectures are delivered online in addition to in-person learning and self-paced coursework. Live class sessions are held each week through a variety of multimedia platforms including through an application for display on a smartphone.
Furthermore, the end of course evaluations is made all the time. Students are given access to digitized library materials, live librarian, and other services such as academic advising, mentoring, writing workshops, etc.
For student engagements, you could utilize chat rooms, webinars, Skype or other application. You are required to log in to a typical course at least once a week.
List of Courses Offered
UNC offers a world-class curriculum that comprises 66 credits. The curriculum is designed to help students build foundational skills with a lot of importance placed on strategic leadership.
You have the option of choosing from eight specialized concentrations of study. These include:
- Corporate Finance
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Enterprise
- Investment Management
- Data Analytics and Decision Making
- Management Consulting
The tuition fee for all UNC online MBA students is $1,728.46 per credit hour. Since the online MBA is a 66 credit hour program, this gives a total of $114,078.36 for the entirety of the program.
This means that all students who engage in the program can expect to pay at least $114,078.36 for the duration of the program.
The tuition includes fees, assessments, simulations, technology platform licensing/support, global immersions, as well as some academic materials. However, textbooks costs are not included in tuition.
Applicants admitted into the program will have to pay a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $1,500. This payment is made toward space reservation in the program.
That notwithstanding, the deposit will be used as a credit concerning the first quarter’s tuition once the student enrolls in the program.
The program has a flexible length of between 18-36 months, meaning you can complete it around your schedules.
- Applicants who wish to apply for the University of North Carolina’s online MBA program can do so online at https://apply.onlinemba.unc.edu/signup.
- There, applicants will fill out their personal information such as name and email address to create an account with the institution.
- After that, they will proceed to complete an online application form by filling out the required fields. Once that has been done, they can submit the registration form to confirm their application.
UNC Kenan-Flagler is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS).
Requirements for Admission
The University of North Carolina Online MBA program is open to professionals of all backgrounds. The following are the requirements for eligibility for UNC’s online MBA:
- Test scores: UNC’s testing requirement depends on the number of professional full-time work experience that an applicant has. Applicants with seven or more years of professional experience do not need a GMAT or GRE score report, although they can submit a current score if they wish to. Applicants with less than seven less of professional full-time work experience are required to provide a GMAT or GRE score report.
- However, candidates whose professional work experience and academic records show a high level of quantitative and analytical skill and ability may be granted a waiver. If English is not your native language, you will have to take the IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic exam.
- Nevertheless, those who earned an undergraduate or graduate degree at a college or university where English is the language of instruction do not need to take IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic exam. The same applies to those who had their education in English in a native English-speaking country and applicants who earned their graduate or undergraduate degree from India.
- Academic background: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for UNC’s online MBA program.
- Employment experience: Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience.
- Essays: UNC requires two essays and one optional essay.
- Letter of recommendation: Candidates are required to provide two professional recommendations with their application.
- Personal interview: The UNC online MBA program requires an interview. The interview is conducted in English through video conference.
- Application fee: The application fee for UNC’s online MBA program is $150, and it is non-refundable.
- International applicants are required to have a college-level education comparable to an American undergraduate or baccalaureate degree (first university degree).
Our Review and Opinion
The University of North Carolina has one of the best online MBA programs in the US. They employ instructors with academic qualifications that mirror those of instructors for campus-based programs.
Also, they incorporate various online learning technologies to allow greater flexibility for students to take classes from a distance.
Overall, UNC is a great school for an online MBA program. They deliver the same rigorous MBA experience as offered on the school’s Kenan-Flagger campus.
In addition, individual career management plans are tailored specifically to a professional’s career goals.
- For general phone inquiries, call (919) 962-2211.
- To reach a department by email, please check the search engine. To find a person’s email address, search the UNC-Chapel Hill Online Campus Directory. Campus directory assistance is also available by phone at (919) 962-2211.
Other Useful Articles for Students
- How Much Does an Online MBA Cost?
- GWU Online MBA
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Online MBA
- Samford University Online MBA
- CBU Online MBA
- Belhaven University Online MBA
Image Credit: Kevin Bhagat