College of Business & Public Administration Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Deadlines
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The College of Business & Public Administration at the University of North Dakota is offering anyone, with an internet connection, the opportunity to earn their Master’s degree online. The MBA program offered at UND is a highly acclaimed and nationally top ranking degree.
- Offering the perfect opportunity for active professionals to advance their careers through professional development, the program has been very successful in attracting bright minds from all over the world. It has been mentioned favorably across many rankings. These include but are not limited to Poets & Quants Top Online MBA Program, Princeton Review Top 25 Online MBA, and U.S. News & Report Best Online MBA Program.
- If you want to earn a Master’s degree in Business Management without putting your career on hold, this might be the perfect option for you. Read on to learn about it.
List of Courses Offered
Following modules make up the core of your coursework:
- Executive Management Module – 7 credit hours from three courses
- Business Analytics Module – 9 credit hours from three courses
- Financial and Economic Analysis Module – 9 credit hours from three courses
- Strategy Module – 9 credit hours from three courses
Apart from the core modules, you are also required to choose from the following list of available concentrations (9 credit hours):
- General Concentration
- Business Analytics Concentration
- Government and Business Concentration
- Social Entrepreneurship Concentration
- International Concentration
- With a 43 credit hour requirement, you can complete the program in two and a half years at the minimum. Due to the online nature of the program, you are free to complete your degree within 1.5 to 7 years. The most frequent duration of the time for new students to graduate in two and a half years.
- As many as 67% of the 2016-2017 class graduated within three years of enrollment, which is higher than the average of other MBA programs.
- The tuition fee is the same for all students, whether in-state or otherwise. There is a cost of $383 for each credit hour. With 43 credit hours needed to graduate, you can complete the entire program at the expense of just $19,152. This makes it one of the cheapest online MBA options out there.
- There is no form of financial aid on offer for any candidates, regardless of international or not. Still, as many as 36% of the students graduate indebted.
- Academic background: A four-year bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Work Experience: Work experience is neither required nor considered.
- Language: International students with English as a second language are required to take a standardized language test. Either one of TOEFL and IELTS is acceptable. You will need to score 550+ on the paper-based or 213+ on the internet-based test for the TOEFL. As for IELTS, a candidate needs to secure a minimum of 6.5.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age for new entrants is around 32 years.
- The percentage of international students stands at 7%.
- There is a massive gender-gap with men accounting for the majority. About 78.6% are men while only 21.4% are women. The male-to-female ratio is one of the highest we have seen so far.
- Veterans and active members made up 24% of the enrolled students in the batch of 2016-2017.
- The average starting salary for a graduate of this program stands at $66,940, which is just about average in North Dakota.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is required for admission into the program.
- The GMAT score must not be any older than 5 years old.
- Your GMAT score must equal or exceed 500.
- No information on the GMAT waiver is provided. As such, you will have to inquire about this with the admissions department.
- You can make the entire application online. To get started, simply visit this page on the official website of the university at https://und.edu/admissions/online/online-apply.html.
- Make sure you have all the required information and documentation at hand. Once you’re confident, begin by registering for an account through the above link.
- Follow any and all of the instructions provided on the screen. Information is provided through each step of the application.
- Once you are done with the application, you will be required to make a non-refundable deposit of $35 for the application fee. You can pay either through a credit card or an electronic check.
- At this point, your application will be forwarded to the relevant department, and you will be notified if anything else is required.
Following are the three entry points offered by the University of North Dakota:
- Fall Semester: · Applications must be submitted before the 15th of October.
- Summer Semester: Applications must be submitted before the 15th of March.
- Fall Semester: Applications must be submitted before the 15th of May.
- As many as 46 out of the total 58 applicants were accepted into the program. With an acceptance rate of 79%, the College of Business & Public Administration Online MBA is relatively more accessible than the others.
- The UND M.B.A. program holds AACSB accreditation, in addition to that UND also holds accreditation by ATMAE and NASPAA and a No. 36 ranking from the U.S. News & World Report, which affirm the program’s high standards and faculty qualifications.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 36 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2018.
- Ranked No. 5 in the Top Online MBA Program by Poets & Quants in 2018.
- Ranked No. 13 in Top 25 Online MBA by Princeton Review in 2015.
- Ranked No. 1 in Top 50 Online Affordable MBA Degree Programs by Top Management Degrees in 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: You can complete the program within 1.5 to 7 years. With that being said, two and a half years is the most frequent duration to graduate.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: A minimum GMAT score of 500+ is required for admission.
Q 3: What is the UND GMAT code?
Ans: The GMAT code of UND is 6878.
Q 4: Are all courses worth 3 credits each?
Ans: Except for two, all courses are worth 3 credit hours each.
Q 5: How many courses can I take per semester?
Ans: Given the flexible nature of the program, you are allowed to set your own study workload. With that being said, you cannot take more than 16 credit hours in a single semester.
College of Business & Public Administration
Gamble Hall Rm 110
293 Centennial Dr. Stop 8098
Grand Forks ND 58202-8098
- Laura Look
- (701) 777-5892
Other Articles You Might Like
- West Texas A&M University Online MBA
- Colorado State University Online MBA
- Florida Atlantic University Online MBA
- Stevens’ School of Business Online MBA
- Umass Lowell Online MBA