Carl H. Lindner College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
The comprehensive and dynamic online MBA Program at Carl H. Linder College of Business contains a mixture of academic and research-intensive learning in addition to a real-life learning experience that offers the knowledge for real business impact.
To accommodate the needs of working professionals the online MBA is an accelerated program based on 7-week terms. The program includes courses with a capstone experience and many electives for a total of 38 credit hours. Students who come from non-business undergraduate fields will be required to take additional courses.
The AACSB accredited program will teach you core skills in accounting, economics, finance, leadership, operation management, and many more.
You will also gain strategic leadership and decision-making skills. A thorough understanding of legal issues in business and the important role that business has regarding the community and society.
List of Courses Offered
The program offers a variety of core courses and electives which include but are not limited to:
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions
- Corporate Legal and Social Responsibility
- Decision Models
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Management
The university offers online MBA programs with concentrations in specific fields. These include:
- MBA with a Marketing Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Administration Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Finance Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Operations Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Policy and Regulation Concentration
- MBA with a Corporate Taxation Concentration
- MBA with an Individual Taxation Concentration Business Foundations Certificate
The complete coursework ranges from 12 to 24 months. The online MBA program is an accelerated program based on 7-week terms to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
It is required that students earn 38-48 credit hours to graduate. Most students graduate within 1.5 years.
The cost of tuition for part-time students is $34,390 for out of state and $33,820 for in-state. Full-time student tuition costs $10,614 in-state and $14,533 out of state. Students can apply for financial aid and 90% of applicants receive financial aid.
This required submitting FAFSA as well as completing the admission process to the university. The program is also GI Bill certified which makes this a good choice for active service members and veterans. The average ineptness of students is $42,987 and in 2016-2017 48% of students graduated with debt.
Academic background: Undergraduate degree in a regionally accredited institution, regardless of the field of study. Although it is recommended to have a business degree because undergraduates from different fields will be required to take additional courses.
Work Experience: No business-related work experience required
Language: TOEFL/IELTS scores required (Paper-based, 557; Internet-based, 90)
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- 97% of enrolled students are with prior work experience and 95% are employed when first enrolling.
- The average age for new students is 34 years.
- Minority students and international students comprise 22% of the student body.
- 55.5% are males and 44.5% are females.
- The average base salary for graduating students is $67,129
- 62.7% of the graduates are full-time employed at the time of their graduation.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
GRE or GMAT is required.
GMAT can be waived if the student fulfills the following criteria: Have at least three years of relevant professional experience and a 3.0+ GPA from a completed bachelor’s degree program awarded by a regionally accredited institution; Have seven or more years of relevant professional experience that demonstrates advancement; Graduated from a University of Cincinnati degree program within the last three years with a 3.5 GPA or better; Have an active CPA certification or a terminal degree (such as a PhD, MD or JD); Successfully completed a graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Students applying to the MBA program must submit an online application form
- GMAT (Average Score is 616 with the following breakdown: 159 verbal; 158 quantitative; 4 analytical writing) or GRE scores unless previously waivered by the university
- Two letters of recommendation along with contact information of the recommenders
- Statement of purpose/Letter of intent
- Current resume or CV
- Unofficial school transcripts. Official transcripts will be required for admitted students
- All international applicants must submit TOEFL/IELTS scores
Applications to the MBA online program are reviewed in a holistic manner that considers carefully all items of your application portfolio. Following review by the admissions committee accepted applicants will receive a notification if they have been fully or conditionally admitted to the program.
- Application Deadline: September 3
- Document Receipt Deadline: September 17
- Program Start Date: October 17
- Registration Deadline: October 8
- Tuition Payment Deadline: October 12
Out of 149 applicants, 113 were accepted with 89 new entrants. The acceptance rate for the university is at 76%. This makes the online MBA program of the university a good choice as a safe college option.
The University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business has been proudly AACSB Accredited since 1919.
Reviews and Ranking
- The MBA program is accredited by the AACSB.
- USNews ranks the university at #61 in Best Business Schools
- CollegeAtlas.org ranks Linder College of Business as #1 best value business school in the US
- Ranked one of the business schools in the USA by The Princeton Review
Frequently asked questions
Q 1: Is TOEFL required for international students?
Ans: Yes, TOEFL is required. The paper-based score of 557; Internet-based (TOEFL iBT) score of 90.
Q 2: What academic factors are considered for admission to the program?
Ans: Undergraduate institution, Undergraduate GPA, Recommendations, Standardize test scores.
Q 3: Is there an application essay requirement?
Ans: Yes. All applicants are required to submit an application essay
Q 4: Is there a minimum GMAT score requirement?
Ans: While there is no minimum requirement the average GMAT score for enrolling students is 616 with the following breakdown: 159 verbal; 158 quantitative; 4 analytical writing
Q 5: Can the degree be completed completely online?
Ans: Yes. The degree can be completed fully online.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- University of Cincinnati
- Carl H. Lindner College of Business
- 2925 Campus Green Drive
- PO Box 210211
- Cincinnati, OH 45221
Other Articles You Might Like
- EDX Best Free Online Courses
- Baker University Online MBA
- CSU Online MBA
- Columbia College Online MBA
- Dakota State University Online MBA
Image Credit: Alexandra Fuller