Carl H. Lindner College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The comprehensive and dynamic online MBA Program at Carl H. Linder College of Business contains a mixture of academic and research-intensive learning in addition to real-life learning experience offers the knowledge for real business impact.
- To accommodate the needs of working professionals the online MBA is an accelerated program based on 7-week terms. The program includes courses with a capstone experience and many electives for a total of 38 credit hours. Students who come from non-business undergraduate fields will be required to take additional courses.
- The AACSB accredited program will teach you core skills in accounting, economics, finance, leadership, operation management and many more.
- You will also gain strategic leadership and decision making skills. A thorough understanding of legal issues in business and the important role that business has regarding the community and society.
List of Courses Offered
The program offers a variety of core courses and electives which include but are not limited to:
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions
- Corporate Legal and Social Responsibility
- Decision Models
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Management
The university offers online MBA programs with concentrations in specific fields. These include:
- MBA with a Marketing Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Administration Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Finance Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Operations Concentration
- MBA with a Health Care Policy and Regulation Concentration
- MBA with a Corporate Taxation Concentration
- MBA with an Individual Taxation Concentration Business Foundations Certificate
- The complete coursework ranges from 12 to 24 months. The online MBA program is an accelerated program based on 7-week terms to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
- It is required that students earn 38-48 credit hours to graduate. Most students graduate within 1.5 years.
- The cost of tuition for part-time students is $34,390 for out of state and $33,820 for in-state. Full-time student tuition costs $10,614 in-state and $14,533 out of state. Students can apply for financial aid and 90% of applicants receive financial aid.
- This required submitting FAFSA as well as completing the admission process to the university. The program is also GI Bill certified which makes this a good choice for active service members and veterans. The average ineptness of students is $42,987 and in 2016-2017 48% of students graduated with debt.
- Academic background: Undergraduate degree in a regionally accredited institution, regardless of the field of study. Although it is recommended to have a business degree because undergraduates from different fields will be required to take additional courses.
- Work Experience: No business-related work experience required
- Language: TOEFL/IELTS scores required (Paper-based, 557; Internet-based, 90)
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- 97% of enrolled students are with prior work experience and 95% are employed when first enrolling.
- The average age for new students is 34 years.
- Minority students and international students comprise 22% of the student body.
- 55.5% are males and 44.5% are females.
- The average base salary for graduating students is $67,129
- 62.7% of the graduates are full-time employed at the time of their graduation.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GRE or GMAT is required.
- The average GMAT Score is 616 with the following breakdown: 159 verbal; 158 quantitative; 4 analytical writing.
- GMAT can be waived if the student fulfills the following criteria: Have at least three years of relevant professional experience and a 3.0+ GPA from a completed bachelor’s degree program awarded by a regionally accredited institution; Have seven or more years of relevant professional experience that demonstrates advancement; Graduated from a University of Cincinnati degree program within the last three years with a 3.5 GPA or better; Have an active CPA certification or a terminal degree (such as a PhD, MD or JD); Successfully completed a graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Students applying to the MBA program must submit an online application form
- GMAT (Average Score is 616 with the following breakdown: 159 verbal; 158 quantitative; 4 analytical writing) or GRE scores unless previously waivered by the university
- Two letters of recommendation along with contact information of the recommenders
- Statement of purpose/Letter of intent
- Current resume or CV
- Unofficial school transcripts. Official transcripts will be required for admitted students
- All international applicants must submit TOEFL/IELTS scores
Applications to the MBA online program are reviewed in a holistic manner that considers carefully all items of your application portfolio. Following review by the admissions committee accepted applicants will receive a notification if they have been fully or conditionally admitted to the program.
- Application Deadline: September 3
- Document Receipt Deadline: September 17
- Program Start Date: October 17
- Registration Deadline: October 8
- Tuition Payment Deadline: October 12
- Out of 149 applicants, 113 were accepted with 89 new entrants. The acceptance rate for the university is at 76%. This makes the online MBA program of the university a good choice as a safe college option.
- The University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business has been proudly AACSB Accredited since 1919. Find the Carl H. Lindner College of Business accreditation certificate below:
Reviews and Ranking
- The MBA program is accredited by the AACSB.
- USNews ranks the university at #61 in Best Business Schools
- CollegeAtlas.org ranks Linder College of Business as #1 best value business school in the US
- Ranked one of the business schools in the USA by The Princeton Review
Frequently asked questions
Q 1: Is TOEFL required for international students?
Ans: Yes, TOEFL is required. The paper-based score of 557; Internet-based (TOEFL iBT) score of 90.
Q 2: What academic factors are considered for admission to the program?
Ans: Undergraduate institution, Undergraduate GPA, Recommendations, Standardize test scores.
Q 3: Is there an application essay requirement?
Ans: Yes. All applicants are required to submit an application essay
Q 4: Is there a minimum GMAT score requirement?
Ans: While there is no minimum requirement the average GMAT score for enrolling students is 616 with the following breakdown: 159 verbal; 158 quantitative; 4 analytical writing
Q 5: Can the degree be completed completely online?
Ans: Yes. The degree can be completed fully online.
- University of Cincinnati
- Carl H. Lindner College of Business
- 2925 Campus Green Drive
- PO Box 210211
- Cincinnati, OH 45221
- Jason Dickman
- Director, Graduate Admissions and Recruiting
- Phone: 513-556-7024
- Email: Jason.Dickman@uc.edu
Other Articles You Might Like
- KU School of Business Online MBA
- Old Dominion University Online MBA
- Samford University Online MBA
- Tennessee Tech University Online MBA
- University of Michigan Dearborn Online MBA