[Validated] University of Connecticut MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
University of Connecticut MBA
Credit: David Travis

UConn School of Business MBA

Introduction

  • The University of Connecticut MBA program offers a great curriculum that helps students acquire the skills necessary to become a part of the business world of today.
  • The MBA program offered at Connecticut has very high as the average graduate makes over $100,000 per year.
  • The main benefit of studying at the University of Connecticut is that you will receive individual coaching for your career. You will be provided with great guidelines for solving difficult business-related problems.
  • The alumni of the University of Connecticut MBA program have been working at companies such as Google, Amazon, Dell, ESPN, LEGO, and Microsoft.

List of Courses Offered

The list of courses offered at the University of Connecticut are stated below:

  • OPIM 5181: Introduction to Business Analytics
  • BADM 5182: Communicating for Impact
  • FNCE 5101: Financial Management
  • BLAW 5175: Business Law and Ethics in Modern Society
  • MGMT 5800: Strategy, Policy, and Planning
  • MKTG 5115: Marketing Management
  • BADM 5180: Core Statistics
  • BADM 5183: Communicating for Impact B
  • MGMT 5183: Organizational Behavior in Context
  • OPIM 5110: Operations Management
  • OPIM 5182: Management Information Systems
  • MGMT 5182: Motivating Individuals and Teams
  • ACCT 5123: Cost Analysis and Controls
  • BADM 5181: Spreadsheet Modeling
  • BADM 5170: Foundations of Economic Environments
  • ACCT 5121: Financial Accounting and Reporting
  • BADM 5190: Sustainability in the Global Business Environment
  • OPIM 5603: Statistics in Business Analytics

Duration

  • The targeted time for a student to complete the entire MBA program at the University of Connecticut is 2 years.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is the expected to be somewhere around $34,496 per year for out-of-state residents and in-state residents have to pay $15,600 per year. So you can expect to complete the entire MBA program offered at Connecticut at about $79,500 if you are an out-of-state resident and at about $35,000 if you are an in-state resident.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic Background: All applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited college or university.
  • Work Experience: Applicants at Connecticut are not required to have previous professional work experience. Although, nearly all accepted applicants have some work experience.
  • GMAT: All applicants are required to submit a GMAT score preferably over a GRE score. But a GRE score is also accepted by the University of Connecticut.
  • Language Test: International applicants must provide an English language test score of TOEFL or IELTS.

Accreditation

  • The University of Connecticut is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • The University of Connecticut was ranked#2 for their MBA program in Value for Money by Financial Times.
  • The University of Connecticut was ranked#44 for Global MBA Program in the U.S by Financial Times in the year 2018.
  • The University of Connecticut was ranked #48 for Best Business School for full-time MBA by U.S. News & World Report in the year 2016.
  • The University of Connecticut was ranked#1 for Public MBA Program in New England by Financial Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, and U.S. News & World Report in the year 2016.
  • The University of Connecticut was ranked#52 for MBA Program nationally byPoets & Quants in the year 2015.

GMAT Requirements

  • GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. The average GMAT score at Connecticut is 654 and the average GRE score is 142.

Class Profile

  • Average GPA is 3.24.
  • 47% of students have in-state residence while the remaining 53% of students are from different countries worldwide.
  • The average GMAT score is 654 and the average GRE score is 142.
  • 71% of students are male and the remaining 29% of students are female.
  • The average age of students is 27.
  • The average TOEFL score is 103 and the average IELTS score is 7.

Scholarships

  • Scholarships are awarded to students at Connecticut every year.
  • The maximum amount of scholarships awarded at the University of Connecticut is $10,000.
  • A lot of the scholarships and donations are given by the Connecticut alumni who have continuously aided the University.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply to the University of Connecticut online by using this link.
  • After clicking the link given above, click on “Application instructions” to understand the requirements for your application.
  • Now, click on “Apply Today” and then “Create an account”.
  • Create your account and log in to your newly created account.
  • Submit your application with all the required material.
  • Once your application is completed and submitted then you will be notified by email regarding updates about your submitted application by the official Connecticut team.

Application Timeline

Application deadlines for the full-time MBA program are mentioned below:

  • Early Deadline: November 1, 2018
  • 1st Round: February 1, 2019
  • 2nd Round: April 1, 2019
  • 3rd Round: June 1. 2019

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is very low at 32%. This means that nearly 1 out of every 3 applicants at Connecticut get accepted. If you have an above-average application material then chances are that you will most likely get to be one of the admitted applicants.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Do I need to take the GMAT?

Ans: Yes, you are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score. The average GMAT score is 654 and the average GRE score is 142.

Q 2: What is the average GPA of applicants in Connecticut?

Ans: The average GPA of applicants at Connecticut is 3.24

Q 3: (For International Applicants) Am I required to submit an English language test?

Ans: Yes, all international applicants are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). A minimum TOEFL score of over 90 is required and a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required to be accepted.

Q 4: How many applications does the University of Connecticut receive for the MBA program?

Ans: The University of Connecticut receives nearly one thousand applications for the MBA program every year. The number of applications varies every year but an average of 1,000 applications are submitted per year.

Contact Information

  • University of Connecticut
  • School of Business
  • 2100 Hillside Road Unit 1041
  • Storrs, Connecticut 06269-1041, USA
  • Phone: (860) 728-2400
  • Email: [email protected]

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

NEED HELP? HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS