Daniels College University of Denver Online MBA Cost, Ranking, Acceptance Rate and More
|University of Denver Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Managerial Economics, Leading with Integrity, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||A minimum GMAT score of 500 is required|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||A minimum score of 570 on the paper-based or 88 on the internet-based exam|
|Work ex required||Over 24 months of full-time professional work experience is the minimum requirement|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The Daniels College of Business has done a remarkable job of attracting working professionals from all over the world into its online MBA program. All successful candidates are employed at the time of enrollment. With over 10,000 alumni globally, the program has been hailed as one of the best qualifications for career advancement.
The AACSB-accredited program was made with a strong focus on training students for today’s rapidly changing business world. This is achieved by equipping students with not only proven business theories but also the practical applications of such knowledge.
As all classes are recorded and archived, you can access the material at any time from anywhere. This flexibility is the reason why many professionals complete this program without putting their career at hold.
List of Courses Offered
The core coursework consists of courses worth 60 credit hours in total. If you choose a concentration, you will also be required to complete two additional classes worth 8 credit hours combined. The following list of courses are a part of the curriculum:
- Managerial Economics
- Leading With Integrity
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Marketing Concepts
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Cost Management
- Managerial Finance
- Business Law and Public Policy
- Business Statistics
- Elective 1
- Business Data and Analytics
- Leading People and Organizations
- Global Business
- [email protected] Capstone
- Entrepreneurship: Ideation to Creation
- Elective 2
- Concentration Course 1
- Concentration Course 2
The program’s target time to graduate is one and a half years. The most frequent duration of time for new students to graduate in 3 years. You are free to set your own pace and can complete the program within 1.5 to 5 years. Around 59% of the students in the 2016-2017 class graduated within three years.
The tuition fee is set the same for both domestic and international candidates. At $1320 per credit hour, it will cost you around $63,360 for the entire duration of the program. This is significantly higher than any other program we have reviewed to date. Some might even term it exorbitant.
Some relief is provided in the form of financial aid; from scholarships to grants and everything else in between. Even international students qualify for this facility.
As many as 45% of the alumni graduated indebted. With such high fees, it is no wonder the average debt is over $45,000. Interestingly, only 5% of the students in this program were sponsored by their employers. This is unusually low for an MBA program.
- Academic background: You must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Work Experience: Over 24 months of full-time professional work experience is the minimum requirement. However, 36 months and above is preferred.
- Language: TOEFL is the standard language test. It is mandatory for international candidates. A minimum score of 570 on the paper-based or 88 on the internet-based exam is necessary.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of new entrants is 39 years.
- The gender distribution of the student body stands at 77.6% male and 22.4% female students. The percentage of female participants is lower than most other online programs.
GMAT Requirement and Scores
- GMAT is the standard admission exam.
- GMAT reports older than 5 years are considered invalid and disregarded.
- A minimum GMAT score of 500 is required. However, candidates with higher scores are preferred over others.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates who have earned a graduate degree (in any field) from a regionally accredited institution.
- GMAT can also be waived for candidates with 5 years of professional work experience.
- Students can submit their applications through the online facilitation center at https://apply.onlinemba.du.edu.
- Visit the URL above to start the process. You will need to create an account to continue. Enter your name, email, and password to create an account.
- Once the registration is completed, simple instructions will guide you throughout the application. Follow each step carefully, and enter all the required information. You will also have to provide any necessary documentation (such as transcripts and qualifications).
- You also have to pay the application fee. Online payment options, such as credit card and electronic checks, are available.
- Your application will be transferred to the relevant department at this point. You may be contacted if any further information is required. Please note that there are no set deadlines for a decision on applications.
Following are the three entry points on offer:
- January Classes: The final date for applications is the 5th of November.
- March Classes: The final date for applications is the 8th of February.
- June Classes: The final date for applications is the 26th of April.
In the class of 2016-2017, a total of 29 candidates applied for the online program. All 29 of those students got accepted. This works out to a staggering acceptance rate of a perfect 100%. If you’re having trouble with the requirements of other schools, this might be the one for you.
The Daniels College of Business has been continuously accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1923. AACSB accreditation indicates that a school has met the highest quality standards of management education.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 27 in Startup Schools: America’s Most Entrepreneurial Universities by Forbes in 2014.
- Ranked in Top 100 National Universities by U.S. News & World Report in 2014.
- Ranked as One of 20 “Up-and-Coming Schools” by U.S. News & World Report in 2013.
“Challenging, insightful, and invigorating. I have never been surrounded by so many brilliant people all at once. This has been the best journey, and I can’t wait to continue it with some of the brightest and most insightful people I have ever met.” – Samantha Sclafani, [email protected] Graduate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I complete the MBA program on a part-time basis?
Ans: You are free to set your own pace for your studies. As such, you have the liberty to study part-time or otherwise.
Q 2: How long will it take to complete the entire program?
Ans: You can earn your degree within 16 months to 5 years. It depends entirely on your own pace. However, the average duration for graduation is 3 years.
Q 3: What is the required GMAT score?
Ans: Although the minimum required GMAT score is 500, the average successful candidate had a score of around 580.
Q 4: Can I request a waiver for GMAT?
Ans: Candidates that hold a Master’s degree or higher can apply for a GMAT waiver. Candidates with 5 years of professional work experience may also qualify.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- Daniels College of Business
- University of Denver
- 2101 S. University Blvd., Denver, CO 80208-8921
Other Articles You Might Like
- UNC online MBA
- How Much Does an Online MBA Cost?
- GWU Online MBA
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Online MBA
- CU San Bernardino Online MBA
Image Credit: Colin Lloyd