University of Maryland Online MBA Admission Requirements, Curriculum and More
|University of Maryland Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Marketing, Finance, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||GMAT or GRE Scores|
|Work ex required||Not required|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (of 4.00)|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- How to Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Admission Requirements
- Our Review and Opinion
- Student Testimonials
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business is one of the few business institutions that prepare students both for leadership and development.
The school seeks to develop expertly skilled and ethically sound business leaders that personify the professional intelligence and practical skillset necessary for success in the business world.
The school’s schedule is flexible enough to allow you to remain active in your professional role while working towards a degree.
Further, Robert H. Smith offers the same academic rigor and faculty as the one provided in campus-based MBA programs. The minimum number of credit hours provided is 54.
Smith online MBA utilizes features like video and audio messaging, integrated multimedia, as well as collaborative online workspaces to ensure an engaging learning environment.
List of Courses Offered
Smith School of Business offers the following courses for online MBA:
- Introduction: Fundamentals of Business
Foundation I Courses:
- Data Models and Decisions
- Financial Management
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Global Economic Environment
- Leadership and Human Capital
- Managerial Economics and Public Policy
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Strategy
- Strategic Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
Foundation II Courses:
- Ethical Leadership
- Action Learning Projects
- Executive Power and Negotiation
- Organizational Change
- International Business
- Strategic Management
Foundation II Elective Courses (you are required to choose any three courses):
- The Impact of Taxation on Business Entities (A)
- Fraud Examination, Detection, and Deterrence in Business (A)
- Corporate Valuation (A, F)
- Financial Restructuring (F)
- Commercial Bank Management (F)
- Managing Digital Businesses and Platforms (IS)
- Data Analysis (IS)
- Social Media and Web Analytics (IS)
- Customer Equity Management (M)
- Consumer Behavior (M)
- Co-Creating Customer Experience (M)
- Innovative Solutions to Logistics/Transport/Supply Chain Challenges (S)
- Global Trade Logistics (S)
- Supply Chain Risk Management (S)
The elective courses you select depend on the specialization you are most interested in.
These include Marketing (M), Finance (F), Accounting (A), Supply Chain Management S), Information Systems and Business Analytics (IS) as well as General MBA Track.
- Capstone: Integrative Business Simulation.
Students who enroll in the school’s program can earn their MBA online in as little as 24 months.
|University of Maryland Online MBA Cost||Cost($)|
|Tuition Fee||$83,970. Of this amount, students who have been accepted into the program will have to deposit $1,000 before the start of classes. The deposited amount will be used as a credit toward the first term tuition.|
|Technology Fee||$132 per semester. This amount is charged twice a year (i.e. during spring and fall semesters).|
|Course materials and related supplies||Up to $1,000 per course|
|Residential Cost||The cost for the 2 required residencies varies between $1,000 and $3,000, depending on the proximity to campus.|
Applicants who wish to enroll in an online MBA program at Smith may create an account here. After that, they should proceed to log in and continue the application process.
The MBA program at the Robert H. Smith School of Business is accredited by AACSB International. The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
The admission requirements at Smith include:
- Payment of a non-refundable application fee of $75. However, the application fee is waived for UMD Terp alumni as well as Military students.
- Professional work experience.
- One essay question and one optional question. Applicants are required to provide well-written essays that clearly and thoughtfully answer the question on the application portal.
- One letter of recommendation.
- GMAT/GRE scores are required. Nevertheless, a waiver may be granted to applicants whose academic records or career trajectory demonstrates excellent quantitative and analytical skills. The institutional code for GMAT online MBA code is SQT-N8-32, while that of GRE is 5814.
- Transcripts. Smith requires admitted students to have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (of 4.00).
- TOEFL. Smith requires applicants who have not completed a university degree in a country in which English is the principal language to take the TOEFL exam. An official copy of the test scores should be sent to the school using the institutional code 5814.
“After 16 years of climbing the corporate leader, I decided to branch out on my own. I didn’t want to have to wear a suit anymore or work out of a traditional office. I wanted to travel the world. Now, I flex my entrepreneurship muscles as a global marketing consultant.” Tekisha Harvey, MBA’ 08
Our Review and Opinion
Smith is the perfect school for professionals who seek to build business acumen that will put them ahead of their peers. The school’s curriculum is grounded in business fundamentals and prepares participants to manage, lead, and solve complex business problems.
The University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business is one of the comprehensive business schools in the US. The online MBA program is structured to provide participants with an integrated view of business as well as the opportunity to tailor their learning in a way that advances their careers.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- The Robert H. Smith School of Business
- 2303 Van Munching Hall
- University of Maryland
- College Park, Maryland 20742-1815
Other Articles You Might Like
- Purdue University Online MBA
- CU Seattle Online MBA
- AU South Carolina Online MBA
- SIU Online MBA
- Cornerstone University Online MBA
Image Credit: Ryan Kosmides