[Authentic] University of Miami MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
University of Miami MBA
Credit: Helloquence

Miami Business School MBA

Introduction

  • The University of Miami MBA program teaches students how to not only adapt to the changes in the business world but also teaches them how to encourage these changes. Leaders and creative thinkers are graduating from the University of Miami every year.
  • Get to be a part of a wide network of alumni who will share their personal business experiences with students at the University of Miami.
  • The full-time MBA program offered at the University of Miami is targeted to be completed within 2 years.
  • The curriculum offered at the University of Miami is based on helping students acquire the necessary skills to become leaders in the business market.

List of Courses Offered

The curriculum at the University of Miami is made in such a way that the students do share courses in the first academic year and they do electives in the second year. Some of the courses offered at the University of Miami are stated below:

Building Management Skills

  • MAS 631: Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
  • MGT 620: Managing Through People
  • BUS 604: MBA Career Development and Enrichment
  • ECO 685: Managerial Decisions in Global Economy
  • MGT 675: Business Policy and Strategy
  • ACC 671: Accounting for Decision Making
  • BUS 603: Critical Thinking and Effective Speaking
  • ACC 670: Financial Reporting and Analysis
  • BUS 602: Critical Thinking and Effective Writing

The Executive Perspective

  • MGT 677: Corporate Strategy and Organization
  • Choose 2 Electives
  • BUS 604: MBA Career Development and Enrichment
  • Choose 3 Electives

Making Management Decisions

  • BTE 610: Foundations of Management Information Systems
  • FIN 642: The Financial Environment
  • BSL 690: Legal and Ethical Implications of Business Decision Making
  • BUS 604: MBA Career Development and Enrichment
  • FIN 641: Valuation and Financial Decision Making
  • MAS 632: Management Science Models for Decision Making
  • MKT 640: Foundation of Marketing Management
  • MGT 643: Principles of Operations Management
  • MKT 650: Strategic Marketing

Duration

  • The average time for a student to complete their entire MBA degree program at the University of Miami is two years.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is the same for local and international students. All students are required to pay a tuition fee of $48,720 per academic year.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: Every applicant is required to submit an undergraduate degree in any discipline from an accredited university.
  • GMAT: All applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score. No minimum scores in the GMAT and GRE are required.
  • Work Experience: Professional work experience is not required.
  • Language: All international applicants who have an undergraduate degree from a non-English speaking university must submit a TOEFL score or IELTS score

Accreditation

  • The University of Miami is proud to be an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • The University of Miami was ranked#83 for Worldwide MBA by Financial Times.
  • The University of Miami was ranked#58 for U.S. MBA by Bloomberg Businessweek.
  • The University of Miami was ranked#57 for U.S. MBA by U.S. News & World Report.

GMAT Requirements

  • GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum GMAT score, however, the average GMAT score of applicants is 556.

Class Profile

  • 75% of students have in-state residence while the remaining 25% of students are from different countries worldwide.
  • The average GMAT score is 556.
  • Average GPA is 3.40.
  • An average alumnus makes about $55,000 per year.
  • 60% of students are male and the remaining 40% of students are female.

Scholarships

  • Scholarships are available at the University of Miami to be gained by the best students.
  • Students can also take Federal and Private Loans, these loans are interest based loans meaning that you will have to pay more than you borrow.
  • Students are provided with these scholarships on the basis of merit and on their financial needs. The financial department at the University of Miami ensures that the scholarships are awarded to the most deserving students.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply to the University of Miami online.
  • After clicking the link given above, click on “Create a new account”.
  • Create your account and log in to your account.
  • Follow the guidelines provided by the University of Miami and submit all the required application material along with your application.
  • Once your application is completed and submitted then you will be notified by email regarding updates about your submitted application.

Application Timeline

There are 3 application timelines at the University of Miami, the deadlines for these timelines are stated below:

  • For Timeline No.1: The deadline for submission of application is October 1, 2018
  • For Timeline No.2: The deadline for submission of application is November 15, 2018
  • For Timeline No.3: The deadline for submission of application is January 15, 2019

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is moderate at 36%. This means that over 1 out of every 3 applicants gets admitted to the MBA program.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: What is the average GPA of applicants?

Ans: The average GPA of applicants is 3.40. The GPA can range from 3.2-3.6.

Q 2: Am I required to take the GMAT?

Ans: Yes, you are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score when you’re submitting your application in order for your application to be evaluated. The average GMAT score is 556.

Q 3: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?

Ans: Only international applicants are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). If you do not want to take the TOEFL then you can provide an IELTS score instead.

Q 4: How much does an MBA graduate from the University of Miami make?

Ans: An average MBA graduate from the University of Miami makes about $55,000 per year.

Contact Information

  • Miami Business School
  • 5250 University Drive, 
  • Coral Gables, Florida 33146
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Tel: 305-284-2510
  • Lori H. Pryor
  • Director, Graduate Business Programs
  • Email: [email protected]

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

NEED HELP? HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS