College of Business and Economic Development Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- An MBA from the University of Southern Mississippi will equip you with all the skills necessary to lead and manage a business for yourself or an employer. With cut-throat competition in the job market today, an MBA from this prestigious university might be the decisive edge you need.
- The “online” part of the program means that you can earn your degree conveniently through the internet without ever setting foot inside a traditional classroom. You also get a waiver on the out-of-state tuition.
- The program allows for a flexible schedule suited to your personal needs. You can finish the degree entirely at your own pace. The average student takes around 2 years to graduate. But as an online student, you get the privilege to complete all the necessary in as many as 5 years.
List of Courses Offered
The primary coursework consists of the following 8 courses at 3 credit hours each:
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Marketing Management
- Analytical Decision Making
- Managerial Accounting
- Global Economy
- Financial Management
- Global Business Systems
All students are also required to complete 9 credit hours from the following list of electives (3 credit hours each):
- Economic Development
- Sports Event Security Management Emphasis
- Sport Management
- Study Abroad Opportunities
- The primary coursework for the USM Online MBA program requires 33 credit hours in total. This is in addition to the 9 credit hour prerequisites. While the average student graduates within 2 years of enrollment, the program gives you the flexibility to take as many as 5 years.
- The cost of the Online MBA program is $451 per credit. With an average of 42 credit hours for the prerequisites and coursework, the total cost of the degree will be upwards of $18,942.
- However, additional course fees in a range of $20 to $150 might apply depending on the coursework. There are also no scholarships, fellowships or assistantships available for the online program.
- Academic background: Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institute.
- Work Experience: Although not expected, professional experience is highly valued.
- Prerequisite Coursework: All prospective candidates are required to complete the three core business prerequisites.
- Language: International students are required to score at least 71 on TOEFL or 6 on IELTS.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- With more female students enrolled, the student body has a gender distribution of 43.3% male and 57.7% female.
- As many as 55 out of 100 graduates found employment the same year they graduated at an average salary of $50,871.
- GMAT or GRE are required for admission to the program.
- The GMAT score must not be any older than 5 years old.
- Any test scores are handled by the Graduate School directly.
- All candidates must score 550+ points on GMAT.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates that hold a master’s degree or higher.
- GMAT can also be waived for candidates with 5 years of management experience.
- Candidates can apply for this MBA program online at https://www.usm.edu/graduate-school/apply-graduate-school.
- You have to fill out a form with all the required information. Instructions are provided to help you submit all the necessary documents. An application of $60 is to be paid in advance.
Following are the three entry points offered by the University of Southern Mississippi:
- Fall Admission: · 30th of July is the final date for submission.
- Spring Admission: 9th of January is the final date for submission.
- Summer Admission: 25th of January is the final date for submission.
- The University of Southern Michigan has an acceptance rate of around 60% for their online MBA program. As many as 73% of the accepted candidates went on to enroll at the school.
- The MBA program at Southern Miss is fully accredited by AACSB. Fewer than 5% of the 15,000 business programs in the world have achieved this accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
- The University of Southern Mississippi is ranked at 521 in Money’s Best Colleges Ranking 2018.
- USNews’ Business Programs 2018 list ranked this MBA program at 290.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: You can request a waiver for GMAT if you hold a master’s degree in any field or have management experience of 5 years at the minimum.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: There is no minimum GMAT score required for a successful application. However, the average accept candidate had a GMAT score of approximately 500.
Q 3: Do I have to retake the GMAT exam if I had it before?
Ans: You don’t have to retake the exam if your GMAT scores are less than 5 years old.
Q 4: What are the deadlines for applying?
Ans: There are multiple deadlines, depending on your entry point. Please refer to the “Application Timeline” section above.
Q 5: Will I have to complete any prerequisites?
Ans: All applicants are required to complete three prerequisite courses. These are ACC 200, BA 201, and FIN 300. Each class is worth 3 credit hours.
Q 6: How long does it take to graduate?
Ans: You can complete this degree in as many as 5 years. Past students graduated within 2 years on average.
Q 7: Is the University of Southern Mississippi veteran friendly?
Ans: The USM has been designated as a Military Friendly School by Victory Media in 2015.
Q 8: What is the minimum GPA required?
Ans: A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required for a successful application. If you have a GPA lower than that, you have the option to earn a second bachelor’s degree with a better GPA.
- The University of Southern Mississippi
- 118 College Drive
- Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001
- Heather Sison
- Graduate Program Advisor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 228.214.3496
Other Articles You Might Like
- Drake University Online MBA
- Oklahoma State University Online MBA
- USFSP Kate Tiedemann Online MBA
- UW-Whitewater College Online MBA
- University of Tennessee UT Martin Online MBA