University of Utah Online MBA Cost, Requirements, Acceptance Rate and More
|University of Utah Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Business Ethics, Business Communication, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||GMAT score of 500 and above|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||80 for the TOEFL score (for internet-based), 550 for the paper-based test, or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS test|
|Work ex required||1 year of minimum work experience is required|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate degree with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- How to Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile and Potential Salary
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- Program Concentration and Specializations
- Acceptance Rate
- Reviews and Ranking
- Student Testimonials
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The University of Utah is a public institution of higher learning founded in 1850. The institution is based in Salt Lake City in the state of Utah, United States of America.
The school uses a semester-based academic calendar and offers its online MBA program through the David Eccles School of Business. The institution provides flexible, on-demand learning via live web conferencing on a weekly basis.
List of Courses Offered
The following courses are available:
- Business Ethics
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Business Technology
- Business Strategy
- Data Analysis
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Global Business
- Managerial Economics
- Managing and Leading in Organizations
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Management
- Project Management
- Operations Management
The online MBA program offered by the David Eccles School of Business has a minimum duration of two years.
Tuition per credit hour for an online MBA at the University of Utah is $1,300. The total credit hours for the program are 48. Therefore, the total tuition for the course is $62,400.
How to Apply for Admission
- To apply for the David Eccles School of Business online MBA program, applicants are required to visit the school’s website and create a profile here.
- After completing the account opening process, a candidate may proceed to fill out the application form online.
- Application timeline
- The David Eccles School of Business has a rolling admission policy, which gives candidates a large window within which to submit their applications
Consequently, the application deadlines are:
- February 15
- April 1
- May 15
- Junes 15
- July 15
- August 15
Online MBA programs at the University of Utah (Eccles) are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation.
- Candidates for the online MBA program at the David Eccles School of Business are required to possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized US university or college.
- 1 year of minimum work experience is required.
- Candidates are also required to present both official and unofficial college transcripts. The hard copy of official transcripts should be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions by US mail or via email (see address below). The unofficial copies, on the other hand, will have to be uploaded online during registration.
- Applicants who graduated from the University of Utah need not apply for official transcripts.
- Other requirements include Essay, Resume, Letter of Recommendation, GMAT or GRE, and Interview.
In addition, international applicants are required to present:
- An undergraduate degree issued by a university or international college recognized by a Ministry of Education or regionally-accredited US university or college
- Have a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- The course requires a minimum score of 80 for the TOEFL score (for internet-based), 550 for the paper-based test, or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- Average age: 31
- 65 percent men, 35 percent women
- Enrollment: 119
- GMAT score: 500 – 620+
- Average work experience: 7 years
- The potential average starting salary for students who had their business education at the David Eccles School of Business is $89,400,
GMAT Requirement and Scores
- GMAT is required for admission into the online MBA program at the David Eccles School of Business
- The David Eccles School of Business requires a GMAT score of 500 and above for its online MBA program
Program Concentration and Specializations
The David Eccles School of Business online MBA program does not offer any concentrations.
The University of Utah David Eccles School of Business has a high acceptance rate of 71%
Reviews and Ranking
The David Eccles School of Business online MBA program was ranked as the 14th best online MBA program in the world in 2017.
“I chose Utah’s MBA Online program because I wanted a program that was reputable, that would push me to a new level of learning, was flexible with my life as a working woman and mom of four, and that would launch my career.” Jenna Webb Price, MBA Online, Class of 2020
Source: University of Utah Official Website
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- David Eccles School of Business
- Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building
- 1665 East Campus Center Drive
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112-8939
Applicants should send hard copy of official transcripts to:
- Graduate Admissions Office
- 201 S. 1460 E. Room 250 S
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Official transcripts can also be sent via email at:
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- University of Utah Online MBA
- UND Online MBA
- UM-Dearborn Online MBA
- CMU Online MBA
- University of Minnesota Online MBA
Image Credit: Parker Gibbons