Kate Tiedemann College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Deadlines
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The University of South Florida St. Petersburg is one of the most prestigious institutions to get your MBA from. Offered by the Kate Tiedemann College of Business, this institution is accredited by AACSB in both business and accounting.
- The wide variety of focus tracks along with a flexible timeline will allow you the freedom to earn your master’s degree on your own terms. The program is entirely online with lectures and coursework available 24/7 through the digital platform.
List of Courses Offered
The following classes make up the core of the program. These mandatory classes are worth 18 credit hours collectively:
- Financial Statement Analysis (FIN 6465)
- Managerial Analysis (MAN 6244)
- Regulatory and Reporting Requirements (BUL 6652)
- Global Business Environment (BUL 6368)
- Organizational Strategies for the 21st Century (MAN 6782)
In addition to the core coursework, the program offers many focus tracks. You will be required to select three electives from any track. You also have the option to combine two tracks in your study. You can choose any of the following:
- Business Analytics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Forensic Accounting
- Healthcare Analytics
- Information Systems Management
- International Business
- Marketing Strategy
- The average student graduates within 2 years of enrollment. As the program offers a flexible schedule of studies, you can earn your degree within 2 to 5 years. The graduation rate for the last 3 years has been 77% on average.
- The cost of the program can vary depending on your location. For in-state students, there is a cost of only $462 per credit hour. This is much lower than the $907 per credit hour fee for out-of-state or international students.
- Students from the same state can earn their degree at just $16,617. All other students will have to pay around $32,664 for the entire duration of the program. Overall, fees are equivalent to the on-campus program.
- Many forms of college-funded aid are available. Unlike most institutions, international students can also apply for assistance at USFSP. As a result, the average student debt by the end of the program stands at $30,988. As many as 41% of the students graduate indebted.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA in any field is necessary. Your baccalaureate must be either from a regionally accredited institution or an acknowledged academic institution in any other country.
- Work Experience: Work experience is neither required nor considered.
- Language: International students are required to submit their TOEFL scores. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based or 79 on the internet-based test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- International students account for only 2% of the population.
- The gender distribution of the student body is very close, with 52% male and 42% female students in total.
- The average age for new entrants is 33 years old.
- Majority of the applicants have some work experience.
- The alumni of this program find employment at a base salary of $63,000 on average. The employment rate is higher than some institutions.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is the standard test for entry.
- A GMAT report older than 5 years will not be accepted.
- GMAT score needs to be 500 at the minimum.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates that hold a master’s degree or higher.
GMAT can be waived for applicants with undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above. Additionally, one of the following criteria must also be satisfied:
- Work experience at a managerial capacity of 5 years or more.
- Hold another post-graduate degree.
- Hold an active professional license or certificate.
- The applications can be made on the official website of USFSP at https://secure.vzcollegeapp.com/usf/default.aspx?cid=89&cl=1%3Cid=1.
- The application process requires registration in the first step. Afterward, you will have to fill in all the personal information and attach any necessary documents. Your particulars and file will be sent to the admissions departments at this point.
- You will receive an email if there’s any progress on your application. However, there is no guaranteed timeline for decisions.
The following three entry points are available for domestic students:
- Fall Admission: 1st of July
- Spring Admission: 15th of October
- Summer Admission: 15th of April
International students are not eligible for the Summer semesters. As such, the following two entry points are available:
- Fall Admission: 1st of May
- Spring Admission: 15th of October
- According to the website USNews.com, a total of 513 students applied for the program. Out of these, only 244 got accepted into the program. That works out to an acceptance rate of only 48%. This makes the Kate Tiedemann College of Business Online MBA one of the most difficult to get into.
- The USFSP College of Business is accredited by AACSB International for both business and accounting, a double distinction held by only 1% of business schools globally.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 30 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: GMAT can be waived for candidates who satisfy the strict criteria. The list of requirements for GMAT waiver can be found in the “GMAT Requirements” section above.
Q 2: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: You can complete the program within 2 to 5 years. The actual duration depends on your own pace.
Q 3: What is the minimum GPA required?
Ans: An undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher is needed for your application to be considered.
Q 4: Is USFSP an accredited institution?
Ans: The USFSP Kate Tiedemann College of Business is accredited by AACSB.
Q 5: Can international students apply for financial aid?
Ans: This is one of the few institutions where financial aid is offered to international candidates as well.
- USF St. Petersburg
- 140 7th Ave. South
- St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- 727 873-7748 (USFSP-4-U)
- Eric Douthirt, MBA: Director
- (727) 873-4412
- General Email: [email protected]
- General Phone: (727) 873-4622
Other Articles You Might Like
- Colorado Technical University Online MBA
- Top 10 Online MBA Rankings
- Online MBA from Harvard University
- ACU Online MBA
- Drexel Online MBA