College of Business and Economics Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Deadlines
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The University of Wisconsin – Whitewater takes pride in its ability to develop business professionals with innovation at the very core of their expertise. The online MBA program offered by the College of Business and Economics is taught by world-class faculty working full-time on your success.
- The degree is AACSB-accredited – the gold standard of accreditation for top business schools. With technology embraced at every turn, the program is offered entirely online. You can access the lectures and any other coursework through the digital portal. As such, you have no obligation to adhere to a strict schedule.
List Of Courses offered
After reviewing your transcripts, an advisor will assign you classes from Common Body of Knowledge category. Depending on the evaluation, these could be anywhere from 0 to 14 credit hours. These foundational classes will not count towards the final degree.
There are core classes worth 24 credit hours collectively called the breadth requirements. These are:
- Persuasion and Negotiation Strategies (2 cr)
- Business Valuation Using Financial Statements (3 cr)
- Strategic Technology and Innovation Management (2 cr)
- Fundamentals of Project Management ( 2 cr)
- Leadership Development (3 cr)
- Quantitative Analysis for Business (3 cr)
- Marketing Strategy (2 cr)
- Business Policy and Strategy (3 cr)
- Business Conditions Analysis (2 cr)
- Social Responsibility of Business
There are also focus tracks or emphasis class as the university calls them. Each of the following focus tracks offers a variety of courses for you to choose three from:
- Data Analytics
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Management
- International Business
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
After all that, you will have the option to select one more class (worth three credit hours) to round out your MBA. However, you also get the option to complete a second focus track instead (worth nine credit hours) instead.
- You have the option to complete the program in its entirety from 1.5 to 7 years. However, the most frequent duration of time for new students to graduate is estimated to be three years. With target graduation time of just one and a half years, this might be the perfect fit for someone looking to earn their degree as fast as possible.
- The tuition is the same for both in-state and out-of-state students. There is a cost of $638 per credit hour. The average cost for the entire duration of the program is estimated at $22,968. This is on the lower side when compared to other similar programs.
- Financial aid is available in many forms; ranging from scholarships to fellowships. International students also qualify for the same assistance.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is essential.
- Work Experience: Work experience is required, but exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
- Language: International students have to take the Test of English as a Second Language (TOEFL) with a score of at least 550 on the paper-based version.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- Gender distribution stands at 60% male and 40% female students.
- International students make up 5% of the population.
- The average age of new entrants is around 30 years.
- The average alumni found employment at a salary $73,000 annually.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is the standard exam for admissions.
- A GMAT score that is older than five years is deemed unacceptable.
- The minimum required score is 514. However, you must also score at least 1,100 on a composite (GPA x 200 + GMAT).
- GMAT is waived for candidates that hold a master’s degree or higher.
- Applicants can apply for admission into this program online through the official website at https://apply.wisconsin.edu/.
- The procedure is straightforward. First, you will have to register an account through the above URL. You will be prompted to enter information such as email address, name, security questions, password and so on.
- Once you have created an account, you will get step-by-step instructions to fill out your application. Follow each step carefully and make sure everything you enter is correct. You will also be prompted to attach all the necessary documentation (transcripts, credentials, and so on).
- In the end, you will have to make a non-refundable payment of $56 as the application fee. It can be paid online through credit card.
- Upon successful payment, your application will is sent to the department of admissions. If there’s any progress on your application, you will get notified right away. However, there are no set deadlines for decisions.
Following are the three entry points for this program:
- Fall Admission: · Applications must be submitted before the 15th of July.
- Spring Admission: Applications must be submitted before the 1st of December.
- Summer Admission: Applications must be submitted before the 1st of May.
- Statistics published by the university show that 157 out of the 221 total applicants get accepted into the program. This works out to an acceptance rate of 71%, which is just about average when compared to other similar programs.
- The degree is AACSB-accredited – the gold standard of accreditation for top business schools.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 28 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: You may qualify for a GMAT waiver if you hold a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in any field.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: 514 is the minimally acceptable GMAT score to satisfy the composition requirement. Please read the “GMAT Requirements” section above or contact the Director of Admissions (contact info provided below).
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The average student graduates from this program within three years. However, you have the option to earn your degree anywhere from 1.5 to 7 years.
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- 800 W. Main Street
- Whitewater, WI 53190-1790
- Paul Ambrose
- (262) 473-1945
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- University of Tennessee UT Martin Online MBA
- SUNY Oswego Online MBA
- University of Arizona Online MBA
- The University of Nevada Online MBA
- UND College of Business Online MBA