[Definitive] Weatherhead School MBA – Cost | Scholarship | Requirements

Weatherhead School of Management MBA
Credit: Jamie Taylor

Weatherhead School of Management MBA

Introduction

  • The Weatherhead School Of Management MBA program is accredited by the AACSB. Both part-time and full-time MBA program is offered at the Weatherhead School of Management. Plus, all courses are delivered online so you can work according to your own schedule.
  • Becoming a part of the Weatherhead School of Management MBA program connects you with a wide network of over 12,000 alumni who are willing to provide help and assistance in each step towards building a stacked resume for you before you start your business career.
  • The full-time MBA program can be completed within 2 years while the part-time MBA program offered at Weatherhead School Of Management is expected to be completed within a time period of 3 years.

List of Courses Offered

The entire MBA program offered at Weatherhead School of Management consists of a total of 60 credit hours. You are expected to complete the entire full-time MBA program in about 2 years. The strategy to complete the core-curriculum is devised by the faculty and staff at Weatherhead. The curriculum of the MBA program is stated below:

Fall Semester 1st Year(Total Credit-Hours = 15)

  • ACCT 401 – Financial and Managerial Accountancy (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • MBAC 506 – Marketing Management (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • MBAC 511 – Statistics and Decision Modeling (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • MBAC 515 – Leading People and Organizations (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • MBAC 504 – Corporate Finance I (Total Credit-Hours = 3)

Spring Semester 1st Year (Total Credit-Hours = 15)

  • MBAC 505 – Corporate Finance II (Total Credit-Hours = 1.5)
  • MBAC 507 – Operations and Supply Chain Management (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • MBAC 518 – Business Analytics (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • MBAC 512 – Economics (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • ACCT 402 – Managerial Accounting for MBA (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)

Fall Semester 2nd Year (Total Credit-Hours = 15)

  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)

Spring Semester 2nd Year (Total Credit-Hours = 15)

  • MBAC 508 – Strategic Issues and Applications (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)
  • WSOM MBA Elective (Total Credit-Hours = 3)

Duration

  • With a total of 60 credit hours, you can expect to complete the entire MBA program offered at Weatherhead in about 2 years for full-time students and in about 3 years for part-time students.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition for the First Year is $40,560 and for the Second Year is $40,560. A total management fee of $400 is also charged. So, you can expect to complete the entire program at a total cost of $81,520.
  • Financial aid is available for all students of the U.S and also for international students whose cosigner have U.S citizenship. For more information, visit their official website page regarding financial aid.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: An undergraduate degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required to be submitted by each applicant.
  • Work Experience: Every applicant is required to submit a current professional work resume. Your work experience can either be part-time or full-time.
  • Language: International applicants are required to submit a language test of TOEFL or IELTS. These applicants are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score if they have either gained their undergraduate degree from an English speaking accredited university or have had 3 years of work experience in an English speaking country.

Accreditation

  • The Weatherhead School Of Management is an accredited member of AACSB  (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • The Weatherhead School of Management was ranked #21 in the Executive MBA Program in the U.S. by The Economist, 2018
  • The Weatherhead School of Management was ranked #27 in Full-Time MBA in the U.S by America Economia, 2018
  • The Weatherhead School of Management was ranked #31 in Undergraduate business program in the U.S.by U.S. News & World Report, 2018
  • The Weatherhead School of Management was ranked #53 in Top U.S. MBA Programs by Forbes, 2017

GMAT Requirements

  • An unofficial GMAT score is preferred to be submitted by applicants. A GRE score is accepted but the GMAT score is the preferred option. There is no minimum score required by the university. Applications without a GMAT or GRE score are not evaluated. The code for GMAT score is WTJ-F1-10 and the code for GRE score is 1105.

Class Profile

  • 44% of students have U.S. and Canadian citizenship. While the other 56% are international students.
  • The average GMAT score is 623 and Average GRE score 163.
  • Average GPA is 3.2.
  • An average student has professional work experience of 5.1 years.
  • 72% of students are male and the remaining 28% of students are female.

Scholarships

  • Scholarships are provided to students with above average applications and are awarded to students with finance issues.
  • Various scholarships like; Francis V. and Johanna Baldo Scholarship, Cashy Family Scholarship, William W. and Anna Jean Cushwa Scholarship, Maybell S. Donnell Scholarship, Robert C. Douglas II Scholarship.

Application Deadlines

The application deadlines at Weatherhead are mentioned below:

  • Round 1: November 15, 2018
  • Round 2: January 15, 2019
  • Round 3: March 15, 2019
  • Round 4: May 15, 2019

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is high at 43%. Nearly 1 out of every 2 applicants is accepted.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply online by using this link.
  • After clicking the link given above then you have to create an account.
  • After the creation of your account, upload the required documents to your online application.
  • Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer be allowed to make any changes.
  • You might get an interview after your application is evaluated.
  • A non-refundable application fee of $100 is charged.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: What are the codes for submitting the test at Weatherhead?

Ans: The codes for submitting your score at Weatherhead are stated below:

  • TOEFL and GRE: 1105 and Department Code 02
  • GMAT codes vary by program, they are mentioned below as:
  • WTJ-F1-10 for Full-Time MBA
  • WTJ-F1-58 for Part-Time MBA
  • WTJ-F1-47 for EMBA

Q 2: Do foreign applicants need to provide a language test?

Ans: Yes, international students are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). If you do not want to take TOEFL than you can take the IELTS instead.

Q 3: What grades does the average applicant hold?

Ans: The average applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 3.2.

Q 4: Is full-time work experience necessary to apply?

Ans: Yes, a previous work resume is required for applicants of full-time MBA while it is not required for part-time MBA. Work experience can always increase the chances of your application being accepted significantly.

Contact Details

  • Weatherhead School of Management 
  • Case Western Reserve University
  • 10900 Euclid Avenue
  • Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7235 USA
  • Director of Admissions, International and Emerging Markets
  • Karla Schiebel
  • Phone: 216.368.3914
  • Email: [email protected]

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Online MBA

Free Guide Available!

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments