West Texas A&M College of Business Online MBA Reviews, Cost and More
|West Texas A&M University Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||General Business, Marketing, etc.|
|Duration||1.5 to 6 years|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||GMAT/GRE|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||550 on the paper-based and 79 on the internet-based|
|Work ex required||Required but not mandatory|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 and above|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
West Texas A&M University brings you the perfect opportunity to earn your MBA online. With a record of providing quality online education dating as far back as 1998, the faculty is experienced in providing a productive digital environment.
It is one of the most affordable yet highly-ranked programs out there. Thousands of professionals have chosen this premier regional program in a bid to advance their career prospects.
The program is offered 100% online with no 24/7 access to lectures. Candidates are allowed the liberty to set their study workload based on their professional needs.
List of Courses Offered
The academic background of each candidate is reviewed to evaluate if there’s a need for foundational courses. If required, the foundational courses can take you anywhere from 1 to 9 credit hours.
The core coursework of the program is divided into categories. Each category has three classes. You are required to pick one from each group. Every core class is worth 3 credit hours. These are:
- Quantitative Analysis
- Computer Application & Technology
- Corporate Finance
- Economic Theory
- Business Integration
- International Business
There are also multiple focus tracks available. You can choose any combination for 3-9 credit hours, based on your own specific goals. These are:
- General Business
- Computer Information Systems
- Healthcare Management Emphasis
In the end, you will have to complete a capstone project to get your degree. In total, the program can be finished with 31 to 46 credit hours.
The West Texas A&M University has set the target time for program graduation at 1 and a half years. However, you are at liberty to complete the program from anywhere between 1.5 to 6 years of time. The most frequent duration of program completion is one and a half years. As many as 87% of the students graduate within 3 years.
The course fees for this program are one of the lowest we’ve seen so far. At just $365 per credit hour, you can complete the entire program at the cost of only $14,400. But that’s not all. The fees are the same for both in and out-of-state students.
You also have the opportunity to apply for college-funded aid. This is provided in multiple forms ranging from scholarships to fellowships. International students also qualify for the same privilege.
Around 34% of the enrollees graduated with debt. The average debt was approximately $9,200 only. This is much lower than many other programs. Interestingly, as many as 58% of the graduates were sponsored by their employees.
- Academic background: Candidates are required to hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. With an average GPA of 3.6, candidates with a GPA of 3.0 and above are preferred.
- Work Experience: Work experience can significantly increase your chances of getting accepted into the program. However, there is no set minimum number of years of experience required.
- Language: Language tests such as TOEFL are required for any candidates with English as a second language. As such, you are required to score 550 on the paper-based and 79 on the internet-based TOEFL exam.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of new entrants was 30 years only.
- International students accounted for 5% of the student body.
- Gender distribution stood at 54.7% male and 45.3% female students.
- The average alumni found employment within the first year of enrollment starting at a base salary of over $113,000 annually. This is higher than many other online MBAs.
GMAT Requirement and Scores
- GMAT is the standard entry test for admission.
- GMAT score reports older than 5 years will not be accepted.
- Although the GMAT is mandatory, there is no fixed minimum score for consideration.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and above.
- You can apply for this program online through the official website at https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX.
- Simply visit the above URL and create an account. It is a very long form so take your time and make sure you enter everything correctly.
- Once the registration is completed successfully, instructions will be provided to guide you throughout the procedure. Just follow all the steps on the screen and your application will be completed in no time.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $40 for domestic and $75 for international students. Multiple options for payments are available for your convenience. You can either pay through your credit card or an electronic check.
- Upon completion of the application, the department of admissions will be notified. You will receive updates via email if there’s any progress. There is no set timeline for decisions.
Following are the two points of admission:
- Summer Admission: The deadline for submission is the 26th of July.
- Fall Admission: The deadline for submission is the 15th of August.
International students are highly recommended to apply at least a month before the deadline. This will allow ample time to verify any foreign credentials.
In the year 2016-2017, the number of applicants stood at 730. A total of 460 candidates were accepted into the program. This works out to a low acceptance rate of only 63%.
WT’s Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business has one of the top online MBA programs available today and has been fully accredited by The AACSB.
Reviews and Ranking
Ranked No. 36 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: You can request a waiver for GMAT if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above.
Q 2: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The program can be completed in as few as 1.5 years to 6 years. This depends entirely on your academic background and choice of focus tracks.
Q 3: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: All the coursework and lectures are delivered 100% online. As such, you won’t have to set foot on the campus or even be present in the same country for that matter.
Q 4: Where can I apply for this program?
Ans: You can complete the application online through the official website. Please refer to the “Admission Procedures” section above for more details on this.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- Paul and Virginia Engler College of Business
- WTAMU Box 60768
- Canyon, Texas 79016
Other Articles You Might Like
- Albertus Magnus Online MBA
- FAU Online MBA
- CSU Stanislaus Online MBA
- Hult International MBA
- Best Online MBA without GMAT
Image Credit: Jeremiah Lawrence