The Wharton School MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Wharton School MBA program provides you with tools required to start your career in business. The goal is to make you understand all the complex concepts of the continuously varying market of business.
- The students at Wharton School help in shaping the community of which you’ll be a part of. Applicants are being accepted from all parts of the world so expect to study in a dynamic studying environment.
- The great team at Wharton School will guide you through each step of your journey towards starting a career in business.
- You will be provided with guidance and assistance to manage your studies and to build a suitable schedule for yourself.
List of Courses Offered
The core courses consist of 9.5 credits. These core courses offered at The Wharton School consists of fixed core courses (3.25 credits) and flexible core courses (6.25 credits). These core courses are mentioned below:
Fixed Core Courses
- Economics: Advanced Topics in Managerial Economics
- Microeconomics: Microeconomic Foundation
- Marketing: Marketing Management
- Management Communication: Speaking and Writing
- Statistics: Regression Analysis for Managers
- Leadership: Foundations of Teamwork and Leadership
Flexible Core Courses
- Corporate Finance
- Legal Studies & Business Ethics
- Operations, Information, and Decisions
- An average student can expect to complete the entire program within two years.
- The cost of tuition is the same for both local and international students. It costs about $111,900 for a year of studying at Wharton.
- Academic background: An undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S college or its equivalent from any other country.
- GMAT: A GMAT score or GRE score is to be submitted by every applicant.
- Work Experience: Work experience is not a requirement at Wharton. However, work experience has a positive influence during the evaluation of your application.
- Language: International students are required to submit a score of language test of TOEFL or IELTS.
- The Pennsylvania University, Wharton School is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- The Wharton School has been ranked by Poets & Quants for its MBA program in the years 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- The Wharton School has been ranked #3 by US News & World Report for Best Business School in the year 2019.
- GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum GMAT score, however, the average GMAT score of applicants is 732 and the average GRE score of applicants is 163,
- 67% of students have in-state residence while 33% of students are from different parts of the world.
- The average GMAT score is 732 and the average GRE verbal score is 163.
- Average GPA is 3.6.
- Average work experience of students is about 5 years.
- 57% of students are male and the remaining 43% of students are female.
- Federal Direct and Grad Plus Loans (For US residents only): Loans are offered to students for financing their degree at Wharton. These loans are interest based loans so you’ll have to pay more than you borrow.
- Private Alternative Loans (For US residents only): Private loans are offered to students and the interest rate on these loans are based on the credit score.
- Scholarships are also provided to students with above average academic achievements. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of the financial needs of the student.
- Yellow Ribbon: The veterans are not charged the application fee and may be awarded a maximum benefit of $12,500.
- You can apply to Wharton School online by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Online Application”
- Now register with them by creating an account.
- Now log in to your account and submit the stated required material with your application.
- You will be updated regarding your online application by Wharton School.
There are 3 different starting timelines. The deadline for submission of the application for these timelines are mentioned below:
- First Round: September 18
- Second Round: January 3
- Third Round: April 3
- Acceptance rate is very low at 19.1%. So, you will need a professional work resume of quality work experience and a good GMAT or GRE score if you want to be one of the admitted applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Do I need to provide a GMAT score?
Ans: Yes, all applicants are required to submit a GMAT score. If you do not want to take the GMAT, Wharton also accepts a GRE score instead of the GMAT.
Q 2: Are international applicants required to submit a language test result?
Ans: Yes, international applicants are required to submit a language test result. At Wharton, the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS test scores are accepted.
Q 3: If I already have an MBA, can I still apply?
Ans: Yes, if you already have an MBA, you can still apply at Wharton. However, you will need to provide the reasons for which you want your second MBA degree.
Q 4: What is the average GPA of applicants?
Ans: The average applicant has submitted a GPA of 3.60.
Q 5: Can I waive the application fee?
Ans: Yes, applicants can get a waiver for the application fee. Only applicants with extreme financial difficulties are given the application fee waiver. You have to submit your financial documents in order to get this waiver. These documents must be submitted at least 15 days before the submission of your application.
- The Wharton School
- University of Pennsylvania
- Vance Hall, Suite 111
- 3733 Spruce Street
- Philadelphia, PA 19104.6340
- Phone: +1.215.898.6183
- Fax: +1.215.898.0120
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Tuck School of Business MBA
- Yale University MBA
- HAAS School of Business MBA
- James M Hull MBA
- University of Connecticut MBA