Simon Business School MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Deadlines
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Simon Business School MBA degree is accredited by AACSB. At Simons Business School you’re a part of a team that specializes in providing students with the answers to the right questions.
- The main emphasis of this program is to make the students think analytically and economically. The experienced team at Simon Business School will provide you with guidelines that will lead you towards success.
- The Simon program has one sole purpose that is to advance your business career. Simon MBA graduates were hired by 160 companies in the year 2017-19. The team at Simon will help you connect with some of the top recruiting companies.
- The MBA program at Simon Business School is available for you online, so you can have access to lectures 24 hours a day. Students can make their own studying schedule and study accordingly with the help and assistance of the Simon team.
List of Courses Offered
The main course offered at Simon Business School consists of the 12 core courses. These courses are stated below:
- GBA 411 (Business Modeling)
- FIN 402 (Capital Budgeting and Corporate Objectives)
- MKT 441, CIS 461, OR FIN 434 (A project-based course lasting two terms)
- MGC 401, MGC 402 (Communicating Business Decisions Sequence)
- STR 421 (Competitive Strategy)
- ACC 401 (Corporate Financial Accounting)
- GBA 401 (A Structured Problem Solving)
- GBA 412 (Data Analytics)
- CIS 401A, CIS 401B (Information Systems for Management)
- STR 401 (Managerial Economics)
- MKT 402 (Marketing Management)
- OMG 402 (Operations Management)
Furthermore, all students must choose two electives from the five electives stated below:
- GBA 441 (Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility)
- GBA 442C (Elements of Leadership)
- GBA 435 (Negotiation Theory and Practice: Bargaining for Value)
- STR 427 (Organizational Behavior)
- STR 427 (Organization and Strategy)
- Majority of the students complete the program in-between 2 to 3 years. The average time for a student to complete the entire program offered at Simon Business School is 2 years.
- The cost of tuition is the same for both local and international students. The cost of the entire MBA program depends upon the time you take to complete it. The tuition cost for one year is $46,000.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Work Experience: Work experience is highly considered at Simon but a work resume is not required.
- Language: All international applicants are required to provide a minimum TOEFL score of 100 or a minimum IELTS score of 7.5.
- Interview: Each applicant is given an interview with Simon Business School and an applicant is expected to prepare for the interview just as they would for a job hiring interview.
- AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide has accredited University of Rochester, Simon Business School.
- Simon Business School was ranked #3 by The Economist in the year 2018 for ROI in the U.S.
- Simon Business School was ranked #9 by Financial Times in the year 2018 for Top MBAs For Entrepreneurship In The U.S.
- Simon Business School was ranked #33 by Bloomberg Businessweek in the year 2018 for Best Business School in the U.S.
- Simon Business School was ranked #19 by US News & World Report in the year 2018 for Top MBAs In Finance.
- All applicants are required to submit a GMAT or GRE score. These scores are given significant importance during the evaluation process of an application. The average GMAT score is 654 and the average GRE score is 153.
- Average TOEFL score is 107.
- GMAT score ranges from 610-710 and GRE Verbal Score ranges from 154-164 and GRE Quantitative Score ranges from 148-163.
- GPA ranges from 3.2-3.8.
- Students from 17 countries are currently studying at Simon Business School.
- An average student has professional work experience of over 5 years.
- 65% of students are male and the remaining 35% of students are female.
- The average age of students is 28.
- The main goal of the financial department at Simon Business School is to provide students with an adequate scholarship.
- A great amount of time is put into the evaluation of awarding a scholarship to a student in order to make sure that all students are being provided with the right financial loans.
- The process of a scholarship being awarded is made simple and easy at Simon as the awarded scholarship amount is directly added to your Admitted Student Package.
The deadline for various Application timelines are stated below:
- Round 1 (July 15–October 15): October, 15
- Round 2 (October 16–January 5): January, 5
- Round 3 (January 6–February 15): February, 15
- Round 4 (February 16–March 31): March, 31
- Round 5 (April 1–May 1): ` May, 1
- The acceptance rate of applicants at Simon Business School is moderate at 29%. About 1 out of every 3 applicant gets to be admitted to the MBA program.
- You can apply to Simon Business School online by using this link.
- After you have clicked on the link given above, you have to register with them by creating an account.
- After your account has been created, you have to log-in to your account.
- Then you have to submit your application along with a non-refundable application fee of $150.
- After your application has been completed, you will be contacted by Simon officials regarding updates about your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Are applicants required to send their official test scores, transcripts, and bank documents to your office?
Ans: No, applicants are not required to send any documents as there is no capacity to store the documents of hundreds of applicants.
Q 2: Do I need to take the TOEFL?
Ans: Yes, but only international students are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
Q 3: If I have a 3-year Bachelor’s degree, can I still apply?
Ans: Yes, a US equivalent bachelor’s degree is required to apply at the Simon Business School MBA program.
Q 4: Is full-time work experience necessary to apply?
Ans: No, applicants are not required to provide a work-resume but this can enhance your chances of being accepted.
- University of Rochester
- Simon Business School
- 245 Gleason Hall
- Rochester, NY 14627
- United States
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (585) 275-3533
Other Articles You Might Like
- Weatherhead School of Management MBA
- Thunderbird School of Global Management MBA
- A. Franke College of Business MBA
- UCLA Anderson School of Management MBA
- Tuck School of Business MBA