Zicklin School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Deadlines
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Zicklin School of Business MBA program provides students with top-notch training and education in business for career advancement and success in the global business arena. With accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and high rankings from several institutions, Zicklin’s MBA boasts of being among the best business administration education obtainable in the U.S.
- Graduates of the program qualify for greater opportunities for career advancement as a result of the prestige of their degree obtained from the program. They also stand to gain a wealth of training from the institution as it ranks No. 12 among Forbes 2018 list of “Best Value Colleges”.
- In order to provide flexibility, students are offered the option of enrolling as either full-time or Evening (part-time) students. There are also options for registration under the Executive MBA or the Executive MBA in Healthcare Administration. Regardless of the option chosen, however, students are poised to receive a world-class education and essential components for success in the business world.
List of Courses Offered
The core courses offered in the program — which are supplemented by a unique course combination particular to each MBA option — are:
- Strategy Management
- Business Communication
- Global and Economic Perspectives
- Legal, Ethical, and Social Responsibilities
- Managing People and Organizations
- The Baruch full-time MBA at the Zicklin School of Business is structured across four semesters of study, with a cohort of students admitted in the fall semester. Students complete their degree in 22 months.
- For the Full-Time MBA, the tuition cost for the 48-hour program requirement is $36,398 for NY state residents and $56,558 non-NY state residents.
- For the 61-73 hour requirement of the Evening MBA, NY state residents pay $49,942 -$58,402 while non-NY state residents pay $72,817 – $85,778.
- Both residential and non-residential students of the Executive MBA pay $80,900 per year.
- Students can gain access to various forms of financial aid to help with their tuition costs.
- Academic background: Applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution to be considered eligible for admission.
- Work Experience: Applicants are required to have a minimum work experience of 6 years for the Full-Time MBA, 5 years for the Evening MBA, 12 years for the Executive MBA and 10 years for the Executive MBA in Healthcare.
- Language: International students are required to provide TOEFL or IELTS test scores to be considered eligible for admission.
- The Zicklin School has maintained this prestigious accreditation since 1933; the Stan Ross Department of Accountancy, part of the Zicklin School, has maintained a separate AACSB accreditation since 1984.
- According to U.S. News & World Report, Zicklin School of Business ranks as the No. 1 Best Business School in New York City and New York State.
- It also ranks as the No. 1 Best Part-Time MBA Program in New York City and New York State by U.S. News & World Report.
- The school has also been ranked No. 55 among Best Business School Nationwide by U.S. News & World Report.
- Money Magazine ranks Baruch as No. 1 among the Best Colleges for Your Money.
- Baruch has also been named by Forbes as No. 12 among the “Best Value Colleges 2018”.
- College Choice ranks Baruch among the “Top 100 Colleges and Universities”.
- Either GMAT or GRE is required for admission to the program.
- The GMAT or GRE test score must not be older than 5 years old for it to be considered valid.
- Although no minimum test score is stated on the program’s website, the average GMAT score of students is 650.
- The GMAT or GRE test score requirement cannot be waived by any candidate.
- Applicants have the freedom to submit either a GMAT or GRE test score as the school holds no particular preference for either.
- The number of students enrolled in the program is 101.
- Out of the above number, 56.4% of the student population are female while 43.6% are male.
- The average age of students admitted in the program is 28.
- The average potential salary of graduates of the program is $80,900.
Scholarships offered to students of this program include:
- Merit-based awards: These are full, half and quarter scholarships offered to students on a competitive merit-based platform.
- Military benefits: These scholarships are particular to military students and veterans.
- Federal financial aid: To apply, students can fill and submit a FAFSA.
In order to apply for admission to this program, candidates are required to adhere to the following procedures.
- Applicants are required to create a personal online application account via the program’s application portal.
- Applicants are also required to submit relevant documents such as their GMAT or GRE test scores.
- Also required is the official transcripts of each applicant.
- Applicants must also submit two professional recommendations.
- Submission of 2-3 essays also forms part of the application procedures.
- Applicants must also submit their resume alongside their application.
- Applicants are also required to pay a nonrefundable application fee of $125 for Spring 2019 admissions and $75 for Fall 2019 admissions.
- For international candidates, a TOEFL or IELTS test score must also be submitted.
- The acceptance rate of this program is 47%.
- The application deadline for rolling admissions is May 31st.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT or GRE requirements?
Ans: No. All candidates are required to submit a test score for either GMAT or GRE without exceptions.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: Though a minimum GMAT score is not stated on the program website, the average score is 650.
Q 3: What is the timeframe of the Evening MBA program?
Ans: The average duration of the Evening MBA program is 3 years. However, it can last up to 4 years according to the student’s pace.
Q 4: Are there any veteran benefits?
Ans: Yes. Veterans are exempted from paying the application fee and also offered special financial aid. To schedule a consultation, veterans can access adequate information on the veterans’ benefit website.
Q 5: Is the program accredited?
Ans: Yes. The program is accredited by the AACSB.
- Zicklin School of Business
- 55 Lexington Ave at 24th Street,
- New York, NY 10010
- Admissions Email: [email protected]
- Admissions Phone Number: (646) 312-1300
Other Articles You Might Like
- William E. Simon MBA
- University of Wisconsin MBA
- John Chambers College MBA
- George L. Argyros MBA
- Peter F. Drucker Masatoshi ITO MBA