Uttarakhand Open University Distance MBA – Courses Offered, Admission, and More
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Uttarakhand Open University is one of the well-known open universities in the country and currently offers 109 programs. The university was established on 31 October 2005
- The university functions within Uttarakhand and has eight regional centers and more than 300 study centers all around the state.
- Apart from many regular courses, the university also offers a distance MBA course. The university uses different modes of communication and technology to make distance education more effective. The main motive of the university is to deal with mass educational needs in order to increase the knowledge and skill of people living in Uttarakhand.
- The objective of the distance MBA program is to provide learners with in-depth theoretical and conceptual knowledge. To enhance the decision making capability of an individual by promoting social and ethical sense in them.
- Additionally, one of the mottoes of the university is to promote leadership and entrepreneurial qualities.
- It is a State Open University.
Types of Courses Offered
- The university provides a wide range of certifications, bachelor’s degree, diploma and management courses starting from certification in office management, certification Ayurveda food nutrition, certification technical excellence, diploma in multimedia to MBA.
- The university provides retail management specialization for MBA.
Duration of the Course
- The duration of the distance MBA program is 2 years. An individual can take a maximum of 4 years to complete the course.
- The course is divided into four semesters.
- The first-semester program fee is Rs 8000 and the examination fee is Rs 750. In addition, students in the first-semester also have to pay Rs 100 for student’s welfare and Rs 50 for an ID card. Thus the grand total for the first-semester is Rs 8900.
- In the second semester, the program fee is Rs 7000 and the examination fee is Rs 750. The third-semester program fee is Rs 7000 and Rs 900 examination fee. For the fourth semester, the student has to pay Rs 7000 as a program fee and Rs 450 as an examination fee.
Eligibility For the Course
- For taking admission in an MBA course from, a student must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in post-graduation or graduation course.
- A candidate having 45% marks at graduation level with 2 years of supervisory, managerial, professional, or teaching experience can also apply for the course. Candidates having previous experience will get a relaxation of 5% while taking admission.
- The admission procedure includes an entrance exam conducted by the university. Candidates who have already given MAT or CAT examination do not need to sit for the university entrance examination.
Uttarakhand Open University Accreditation Proof
Uttarakhand Open University is accredited by UGC DEC.
- Every year a huge number of students take admission in the university and they can take admission in the university both offline as well as through online form submission.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Candidates who are willing to take admission through the online process must register themselves by visiting the link below. Next, they need to print out the form.
- The payments can be made via net banking or challan. The official website for registration is: https://online.uou.ac.in/
- If you want to know more, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Is it worth doing an MBA from Uttarakhand Open University?
Ans: India is prospering every day there is no doubt in it. With India prospering every day, we need good institutes that offer quality MBA courses. Uttarakhand Open University is one of the pioneer institutions when it comes to distance education.
- Q2: What is the procedure of Uttarakhand University for a fee refund?
Ans: As per the fee refund scheme, the application of the students from the reserved category is forwarded to the concerned Department.
- If the application form has not been entered in SIS, a 100% fee is refunded.
- If the University stops running a Programme, 100% fee refunded
- If the University cancels the admission, a 90% fee is refunded.
- If a student requests for cancellation of admission before the study material has been delivered, then a 90% fee is refunded.
- If a student requests for cancellation after the study material has been delivered, then no refund is possible.
- In any case, the examination fee will neither be carried forward nor be refunded.
- Q3: Which courses are offered by the Uttarakhand University?
Ans: Uttarakhand Open University provides various kinds of courses via distance education mode these are available in both English & Hindi Medium. The courses fall into different types such as UG Degree, PG Degree, PG Diploma, Diploma & Certification.
- Q4: How the Program Delivery is carried out by the Uttarakhand University?
Ans: The educational programs of the University operate on a three-tier arrangement, i.e., University Headquarter, Regional Centres and Study Centres.
The Regional Centres located in different parts of the state are administered by the University Headquarters. Every Regional Centre acts as a coordinating agency between the University and the various Study Centres.
The Study Centres, in turn, discharge both academic and administrative duties. All the counseling-related activities are carried out by the various Study Centres.
- Q5: Can I change my optional subjects?
Ans: Yes, you can change your optional subjects by depositing an additional fee of Rs. 300/- within 30 days of receiving the SLM. The medium of instruction/ examination may also be changed for the same amount.
- Q6: Which type of material is included in the Open Educational Resources (OER)?
Ans: OER are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use and re-purposing by others.
Open educational resources include full courses, course materials, modules, textbooks, streaming videos, and any other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge.
- Q7: Is the university approved to offer a distance MBA in India?
Ans: Yes, the university is approved by both UGC and Distance Education Bureau to offer distance MBA.
- Q8: What is the placement process for distance MBA students at the institution?
Ans: All placements are done through the institution’s placement cells. The students get the skills necessary for the job market and are linked to potential employers. A majority of the students get placement offers in renowned companies in India and globally.
- Q9: When do the admissions for distance MBA take place at Uttarkhand Open University?
Ans: The admissions portal opens in January and closes in February. All interested candidates are expected to submit their duly-filled application forms within this period failure to which a delay fee of Rs 250 will be charged.
- Q10: Can I undertake a distance MBA course in any Uttarakhand study centre in India?
Ans: No, not all study centres offer distance MBA. You should check whether your favourite study centre offers an MBA before selecting it.
- Q11: Which specific study centres offer distance MBA?
Ans: Distance MBA is offered at Uttaranchal Institute of Hospitality Management and Tourism, Dehradun, Institute Of Distance Learning, Kathghariya, Haldwani, and the Institute Of Distance Learning, Dehradun.
- Q12: Is an entrance exam mandatory for distance MBA admission at Uttarakhand Open University?
Ans: Yes, candidates are required to undertake the entrance exam offered by the university. However, those with valid CAT/MAT scores may be exempted. The fee for the entrance exam is Rs 1000.
- Q13: How many times am I required to visit the study centres?
Ans: Students are required to visit their study centres during the admission process or contact programs only. Otherwise, students can utilize e-learning facilities to learn from locations of their choice.
- Q14: How will I get my hardcopy study materials?
Ans: Immediately after registration, student-specific materials will be sent to specific study centres for collection. Alternatively, the materials can be sent to a specific address but the student will be required to cater to the postage fee.
- Q15: Which payment methods are allowed for school fees payment in the institution?
Ans: Payment of school fees can only be done through the institution’s payment gateway system that utilizes Net Banking, Credit Cards, and Debit Cards.
- Uttarakhand Open University,
- Behind Transport Nagar, Vishwavidyalaya Marg,
- Haldwani (Nainital) 263139, Uttarakhand
- Phone number: +91 5946 286000
- Website: http://www.uou.ac.in/
Other Related Posts for Students
- IIM Distance Learning
- XLRI Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Distance Education
- IGNOU MBA Education
- Top 10 Distance MBA Colleges
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit – tamtit24