VIT Vellore MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Vellore Institute of Technology was established in 1984 under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act of 1956.
- It started as Vellore Engineering College which was self-financing. In 2001, the Ministry of Human Resource Development conferred it with university status.
- Since its inception, it has grown to offer more than 20 undergraduate programs, 34 postgraduate programs, four research programs, and four integrated programs
- It has campuses in Chennai, Amaravati, and Bhopal.
- In 1994, the institution established a Business School. It offers an MBA program that is tailor-made to produce highly dynamic management leaders.
Courses and Duration
- Two-year full-time MBA program. Each academic year has 3 trimesters.
- Students must undertake the core courses in the first year of study. This lays a strong analytical knowledge to help them navigate through common business challenges.
- In the second year, all students must specialize in a maximum of 2 areas of interest. Some of the areas of specialization include General Management, Human Resource Management, Hospitality Management, Finance, Economics, and Decision-Making Science.
- The institute offers a fully digitized library to enable the students to research current and emerging issues in management.
- Every MBA student has access to e-learning resources from Emerald, Harvard Business School, and other journal databases such as EBSCO, CAPEX, ABI inform, and CMIE prowess.
- The institute uses modern teaching techniques including simulations, digital discussions, assignments, guest lectures, seminars, and conferences.
- After the third trimester, every student must undertake an 8-12 weeks internship program in an organization certified by the School of Business. During this period, the students will get hands-on management experience.
- Towards the end of the program, each student must submit a dissertation report. The report must contain the statement of the problem, hypothesis, methodology, results analysis, and recommendations.
- All candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 60% for general category and 55% for ST, SC, and PWD.
- Candidates must have a valid CAT/GMAT/XAT/MAT/NMAT/CMAT scorecard.
- Final year students can apply so long as they provide a valid scorecard for their latest examination (they must have scored at least 50% to be eligible). If admitted, such candidates must provide their original certificate or certified score sheet to ascertain their fulfillment of undergraduate study requirements.
- Relevant work experience is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- All prospective candidates must apply for an MBA through the institution’s official website. Late submission will be rejected.
- Upon reception of the application forms, the admission panel shortlists all the candidates that meet the eligibility criteria.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The shortlisted candidates are invited to physically attend personal interviews, group discussions, and written ability tests. Every candidate is allotted marks on each of the interview stages.
- After the interview process, the marks are compiled to acquire the aggregate score which is used to determine the candidates to progress to the final phase of the admission process.
- Based on the CAT/GMAT score and the aggregate score, the admission panel prepares the final list of qualified candidates.
- Other factors that are considered include past academic achievements, work experience, and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Successful candidates are notified using the addresses provided during the application process. They are required to accept the offer within the set timelines.
- Ranked 281-290 by QS World University Rankings, 2019
- Ranked 32nd overall in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework
- The total fee for the MBA program is INR 700,000 (1st year- INR 351,500 and 2nd year- INR 348,500). The fee covers tuition, learning materials, caution deposit, library charges, and computer charges.
- The institute offers limited scholarship opportunities for needy and intelligent students.
- All students residing in the hostels are required to pay Rs 60,000 annually for accommodation and mess charges.
- Vellore Institute of Technology achieves above 95% placement success every year.
- The highest placement salary is approximately Rs 15 Lakhs annually.
- The average salary for MBA graduates is Rs 7.4 Lakhs annually.
- Some of the companies that take part in the placement process are Google, Honeywell, Accenture, Cisco Systems, Amazon, Cognizant, Leyland, Bank of America, and Microsoft.
- MBA graduates get an introductory salary of Rs 4.5-25 Lakhs annually. Highest paid graduates can earn up to Rs 30 lakhs annually.
- The graduates have the potential to increase their salary to over Rs 50 Lakhs annually within two years of their professional work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: To what degree does my work experience contribute to MBA admission at VIT?
Ans: Work experience contributes 5% of the aggregate score. However, internship and professional experience below 6 months are not considered.
- Q2: Is working experience mandatory for an MBA admission at VIT?
Ans: No, while working experience increases your chances of getting admitted, it is not mandatory.
- Q3: When should I apply for an MBA program?
Ans: Admission for MBA at the institution opens in July. As such, you are required to submit your application before the end of July. Late submissions are rejected.
- Q4: Why should I study MBA at VIT?
Ans: The MBA at VIT is accredited by several accreditation bodies (see accreditation section above). This is an endorsement of the high-quality program offered at the institution.
The high number of organizations that participate in its placement process is a show of confidence in the graduates.
- Q5: Does the institution guarantee MBA admission if I meet all the requirements?
Ans: No, the institution has limited MBA seats. As such, the admission process is highly competitive and is based on the candidates’ performance in every stage of the admission process.
Based on the competitiveness of the process, the admission panel prepares the cut-off points which are final.
If you have any inquiries on the institute, kindly consult one of their representatives using the address below:
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Vellore – 632014
- Tamil Nadu, India
- Phone – 0416 – 2243091
- You can also visit the institution’s official website https://vit.ac.in for more details on their MBA course.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IMT Ghaziabad MBA Program
- Alliance School of Business MBA
- Anna University MBA Program
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar MBA
- IMI Kolkata MBA Program
Image Credit: Subash Matheswaran