Vidyasagar University Distance MBA Program
- About: Vidyasagar University is a government university located in West Midnapore whose influence has made it one of the most renowned universities in India. Established in the year 1981, it has thereafter been named for the social reformer, scholar and philosopher Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar. It is affiliated to the UGC and is fully governed by the norms of the Distance Education Council.
- Objective: The University primarily aims at developing knowledge in various fields to realize the university’s motto “Education, Knowledge, Progress”. To be precise, it looks forward to the holistic development of the students to be of utmost importance.
- Faculty and programs: The university supports a progressive course curriculum which has been designed Incorporating some mainstream and rural management courses. It honors the recommendation of the NAAC. The department holds faculties of academic and professional prominence. various academic papers, an array of articles for general business publication etc. authored by the faculty members.
- The UGC affiliated university offers a two years course of MBA in Human Resource Management, marketing, and finance.
- It also anticipates the introduction of other specializations such as Hospitality, Retail, and Supply chain, logistics etc very shortly.
- Management Theory: Principles and process
- Managerial Economics
- Quant Methods
- Accounting for managers
- Business legislation
- Business Communication and Environmental Studies
- Organizational Behavior
- Financial Management
- Marketing management
- Human Resource Management
- Production and operations management
- Business policy and strategic management
- Computer Applications in Business
- Corporate Governance and Rural Management
- Elective 1- 2 papers (Major)
- Elective 2- 2 papers (Minor)
- Elective 1: 3 papers (Major)
- Elective 2: 3 papers (Minor)
- The medium of instruction: English
- Affiliations: University Grants Commission (India)
Accreditation of university: The NAAC recently re-accredited the university with an “A” grade.
- Any recognized bachelor’s degree
Duration of course
- 2 years
- Fee structure: approximately INR 64,800 (For two years inclusive of all costs of application)
- The fee can be paid in cash (only UCO bank) or through demand draft from any nationalized banks for study center in favor of the Directorate of Distance Education, Vidyasagar University.
- Students can apply by downloading the online application form here application form.
- The candidate also applies by submitting the application form manually by obtaining the form from the University cash counter.
- The candidate must attach these documents at the time of admission
- A photo affixed application duly signed by the candidate
- Admit card and mark sheet of 10th
- A qualifying degree for the specific course
- Certificates of special categories, If required
- Nativity certificate, If required
- Date of birth Certificate
- Medical certificate
- The university focuses on providing the desired blend of quality input in the students to help students and instill a sense of confidence in them to achieve international exposure and global marketing of their academic agendas.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why should I do an MBA under Vidyasagar University?
It is a renowned state university of West Bengal, where the standard of education is pretty high, a management degree from here will be valued by employers.
- Which subject should I choose as Major and Minor?
The choice completely depends upon your interests and the way you want to shape your future. For instance, if you want a career in Marketing then you should opt for Marketing Management and International Business.
- What are the placements opportunities for the students after Vidyasagar University MBA?
The candidate gets 90% placement in the companies like Accenture, Reliance Jio and many more.
- What is the fee structure of the Vidyasagar University Distance MBA?
The total fees for two years are INR 64,800. which I think is very much affordable.
- What type of courses offered at the University Distance MBA?
The university offered two years of MBA in human resource, Marketing, and Finance.
- Is Vidyasagar University Distance MBA UGC approved?
Yes, it is approved by the University of Grants Commission. An accreditation proof is attached above.
Other pertinent information
- Address: Director,
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Vidyasagar University
- Midnapore (West) – 721 102
- Ph– 03222 264338
- Fax – (91) 03222 275329
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.vidyasagar.ac.in/
Other distance options for students
- IGNOU Distance MBA
- IIM Distance Education
- XLRI Distance Learning Programs
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance Learning MBA
- Pondicherry University Distance MBA