Vidyasagar University Distance MBA Program – Courses, Admission, and More
- Courses Available
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Career Prospects
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- About: Vidyasagar University is a government university located in West Midnapore whose influence has made it one of the most renowned universities in India. Established in the year 1981, it has thereafter been named for the social reformer, scholar and philosopher Pandit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar. It is affiliated to the UGC and is fully governed by the norms of the Distance Education Council.
- Objective: The University primarily aims at developing knowledge in various fields to realize the university’s motto “Education, Knowledge, Progress”. To be precise, it looks forward to the holistic development of the students to be of utmost importance.
- Faculty and programs: The university supports a progressive course curriculum that has been designed Incorporating some mainstream and rural management courses. It honors the recommendation of the NAAC. The department holds faculties of academic and professional prominence. various academic papers, an array of articles for a general business publication, etc. authored by the faculty members.
- The UGC affiliated university offers a two years course of MBA in Human Resource Management, marketing, and finance.
- It also anticipates the introduction of other specializations such as Hospitality, Retail, and Supply chain, logistics, etc very shortly.
- Semester 1:
- Management Theory: Principles and process
- Managerial Economics
- Quant Methods
- Accounting for managers
- Business legislation
- Business Communication and Environmental Studies
- Semester 2:
- Organizational Behavior
- Financial Management
- Marketing management
- Human Resource Management
- Production and operations management
- Business policy and strategic management
- Semester 3:
- Computer Applications in Business
- Corporate Governance and Rural Management
- Elective 1- 2 papers (Major)
- Elective 2- 2 papers (Minor)
- Semester 4:
- Elective 1: 3 papers (Major)
- Elective 2: 3 papers (Minor)
- The medium of instruction: English
- Affiliations: University Grants Commission (India)
Accreditation of University
- The NAAC recently re-accredited the university with an “A” grade.
- Any recognized bachelor’s degree
- 2 years
- Fee structure: approximately INR 64,800 (For two years inclusive of all costs of application)
- The fee can be paid in cash (only UCO bank) or through demand draft from any nationalized banks for the study center in favor of the Directorate of Distance Education, Vidyasagar University.
- Students can apply by downloading the online application form here application form.
- The candidate also applies by submitting the application form manually by obtaining the form from the University cash counter.
- The candidate must attach these documents at the time of admission
- A photo affixed application duly signed by the candidate
- Admit card and mark sheet of 10th
- A qualifying degree for the specific course
- Certificates of special categories, If required
- Nativity certificate, If required
- Date of birth Certificate
- Medical certificate
- Free Admission Help Available
- The university focuses on providing the desired blend of quality input in the students to help students and instill a sense of confidence in them to achieve international exposure and global marketing of their academic agendas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Why should I do an MBA under Vidyasagar University?
Ans: It is a renowned state university of West Bengal, where the standard of education is pretty high, a management degree from here will be valued by employers.
- Q2: Which subject should I choose as Major and Minor?
Ans: The choice completely depends upon your interests and the way you want to shape your future. For instance, if you want a career in Marketing then you should opt for Marketing Management and International Business.
- Q3: What are the placements opportunities for the students after Vidyasagar University MBA?
Ans: The candidate gets 90% placement in companies like Accenture, Reliance Jio and many more.
- Q4: What is the fee structure of the Vidyasagar University Distance MBA?
Ans: The total fees for two years are INR 64,800. which I think is very much affordable.
- Q5: What type of courses offered at the University Distance MBA?
Ans: The university offered two years of MBA in human resource, Marketing, and Finance.
- Q6: Is Vidyasagar University Distance MBA UGC approved?
Ans: Yes, it is approved by the University of Grants Commission. An accreditation proof is attached above.
- Q7: When does the admission process for distance courses start?
Ans: The university’s distance education admission begins in June of every year.
- Q8: Where should I submit my application form after filling in all the details?
Ans: Duly-filled application forms should be submitted to the study centre that offers your preferred course. Always ensure that you attach a Demand Draft for the payment of the application fee and course fee.
- Q9: I am guaranteed a seat if I meet all the eligibility qualifications?
Ans: No, candidates are admitted on a first-come-first-served basis. Courses have limited seats available.
- Q10: Where can I obtain my application form?
Ans: Interested candidates are required to download the official application forms from the institution’s website. An application fee of Rs 350 is mandatory when submitting the form.
- Q11: How will I get learning materials for my distance course of choice?
Ans: Students can access e-learning materials immediately after the payment of school fees. Also, hard materials will be sent to the student’s preferred learning centre.
- Q12: Will I be required to meet the lecturers physically?
Ans: No, students are not required to have a physical meeting with the lecturers unless the institution finds it necessary for whatever reason. However, all students will interact with the instructors through live lecture sessions held in the study centres.
- Q13: What reasons can lead to the disqualification of my application?
Ans: A candidate’s application can be declined if the details provided do not match with the documents provided, failure to pay the application fee, failure to provide attested documents, or late submission.
- Q14: Can I get provisional admission at the institution?
Ans: Yes, the institution may offer provisional admission if some of the required documents are missing. However, the candidate must submit the valid documents within the scheduled timelines failure to which the admission offer will be revoked.
- Address: Director,
- Directorate of Distance Education
- Vidyasagar University
- Midnapore (West) – 721 102
- Ph– 03222 264338
- Fax – (91) 03222 275329
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.vidyasagar.ac.in/
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU Distance MBA
- IIM Distance Education
- XLRI Distance Learning Programs
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance Learning MBA
- Pondicherry University Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Start Here