Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) Distance MBA – Courses and Entrance Exam Details
- Courses Available
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- VMOU is a public institution of learning that is designed to serve as a platform for everyone to raise their level of education and develop their competencies.
- As an open and distance learning institution, VMOU aims to provide a quality education through distance mode. The school was established in 1987 and was formerly known as Kota Open University.
- VMOU is located in Kota and has regional centers in Ajmer, Jaipur, Bikaner, Kota, Jodhpur, Udaipur as well as Bharatpur. This is in addition to the numerous study centers in city areas and a special center in New Delhi.
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University is a State University.
Type of Courses
VMOU offers several courses through the distance mode. Some of these include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (M. Com)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- M.A Economics
- M.A English
- M.A History
- M.A Mathematics
- M.A Geography
- M.A Political Science
- M.A Psychology
- M.A Public Administration
- M.A Education
- M.A Hindi
- M.A Police Administration
- M.A Sanskrit
- M.A Sociology
- M.A Rajasthani
- Master of Library and Information Science (M.Lib.I.Sc)
- Post Graduate Diploma in New Media Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance & Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Accounting & Auditing
- Except for the MCA, the duration for all the programs mentioned above is two years. The MCA is a three years course.
- Candidates must possess any of bachelor, master, or professional degrees in any discipline from a recognized university to be eligible for admission.
- Also, they must have scored a minimum of 50 marks in the bachelor degree examination taken. Note, however, that some courses might have different eligibility criteria.
- So, applicants are advised to check the eligibility for the course they are applying to.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University Accreditation
VMOU is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The fee for the distance learning program varies depending on the course you are applying to. These include:
How to Take Admission
- You can apply to further your education at VMOU through the distance mode by filling the application form either online or offline. The offline application forms can be obtained at the regional centers of the school upon the payment of a fee.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Those who wish to complete the application process online can do so at the school website at www.vmou.ac.in. Candidates who are applying online will need to upload scanned copies of their signature, photograph, date of birth certificate, as well as eligibility certificate, as requested.
- The application fee is Rs. 100. Students can pay the fee via mobile banking, internet banking, Credit/Debit cards, or e-Mitra KIOSK.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the Distance MBA specialization offered by Vardhman Mahaveer Open University?
Ans: The University offered only generic MBA in distance education.
- Q2: Is Vardhman Mahaveer Open University the best institute to pursue a Distance MBA?
- Q3: How much does it cost to pursue Distance MBA in Vardhman Mahaveer Open University?
Ans: The total costs for the MBA program are 22,000.
- Q4: What is the eligibility criteria for admission in the Vardhman Mahaveer Open University Distance Education?
Ans: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks to get admission in Vardhman Mahaveer Open University Distance Education. However different courses have different criteria, you must contact the University for admission in any course.
- Q5: How long will it take to complete an MBA at Vardhman Mahaveer Open University in Distance Education?
Ans: MBA in distance learning can be completed in 2 years.
- Q6: Is Vardhman Mahaveer Open University approved by UGC?
Ans: Yes, An accreditation proof is attached above.
- Q7: Is Vardhman Mahaveer Open University approved to offer distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, the institution is approved by the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) as well as the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Q8: Which are the available channels for distance MBA students to interact with professionals, experts, and tutors?
Ans: The university has established various study centres where students can interact with experts for clarifications and questions. These centres regularly organize personal contact programs for specific courses.
- Q9: What are the conditions of completing a distance MBA successfully at the institution?
Ans: Each student is required to complete all the program’s 132 credits (6 credits for each course). Also, they should submit all home assignments, pass all exams, and complete their project before graduating.
- Q10: Will I be required to undertake an entrance exam before admission?
Ans: Yes, interested candidates must undertake a Management Entrance Test (MET) organized by VMOU/MAT/CAT/RMAT. Similar tests organized within the last year will be accepted.
- Q11: Is the entrance test for distance MBA at Vardhman Mahaveer Open University online?
Ans: No, candidates must appear physically for the test. The approved centres for the exam include Kota, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jaipur, Bikaner, and Jodhpur.
- Q12: Which are the acceptable fees payment channels for distance MBA?
Ans: Students are required to pay their fees through an enclosed Challan in Oriental Bank of Commerce, ICICI Bank, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, or Axis Bank.
- Q13: Will I be required to submit a project before graduation?
Ans: Yes, all distance MBA students are required to submit a project/dissertation to the university’s approved examiners. At least one session of the viva-voce session will be required to evaluate the dissertation.
- Q14: Which are the evaluation methods available for the distance MBA program?
Ans: Students are required to undertake internal assignments/ continuous evaluation (weightage of 20%) and term-end examinations (weightage of 80%).
- Q15: Does the university have a penalty fee option for late application submission?
Ans: No, all application forms submitted after the deadline will be summarily dismissed.
- Q16: Can I be admitted for more than one distance program at the Vardhman Mahaveer Open University?
Ans: No, students are not allowed to register for more than one program simultaneously. Any violation of this rule will lead to the cancellation of all the programs and the fees will be forfeited.
Would-be students can contact VMOU via the following channels between 10 AM and 5 PM on workdays:
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Rawatbhata Road
- (Rajasthan) INDIA
- Toll-Free: 1800-180-6166
- Toll: 0744-2797000
- Fax: +91-744-2472525
Other Related Posts for Students
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: Aman Bhargava