XLRI Distance Learning – Course, Fee, Placements
- First things first, let’s be clear that XLRI does not offer distance MBA. What it does offer is an option to study management courses via distance learning mode.
- Xavier Labor Research Institute aka XLRI offers students across the nation an opportunity to study under the XL brand via its satellite courses or online courses. Note that these courses are not equivalent to an MBA. The recognition details of this course could be located on its website.
- Note that XLRI does not offer placement assistance to candidates enrolling in these programs. Also, these programs are not equivalent to an MBA degree by any means. They are just an add on to the skill set which you may have.
- Technically, these are not even correspondence programs. These are delivered live to enrolled students.
- XLRI is deemed University.
Details of Distance Education Courses
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management (PGCBM)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (PGCHRM)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics for Management Decisions (PGCBAMD)
Salient Features of This Course
- Intense learning at a virtual classroom
- Project work
- Lecture series
- Case methods
- Group work
- Term papers
- Assignments and Dissertation
- 5 days of intensive learning on XLRI campus
- one year
- Graduation from a recognized University
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience after completing graduation
- Clear Personal Interview
- Computer Knowledge
- Candidates with their own business are also eligible
- Candidates must have Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at least in higher secondary level to pursue PGCBAMD
- The course fee is around INR 2,40,000 – INR 2,60,000 excluding service tax (as of the year 2017) and inclusive of books, study materials, and the Campus Component fee. Alternatively, the fees could be paid in 5 installments.
- Admission Queries for this course should be found over here. The faculty of XLRI is very qualified and actively involved in teaching students.
- Documents required for admission include graduation or degree certificate, a letter from your company and a DD of Rs. 1000/- payable at Jamshedpur. The result is intimated via e-mail to the students.
- The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of XAT exam conducted by XLRI. then the student should have to appear for a Personal Interview.
- Free Admission Help Available
Important things for students to keep in mind:
- Students should note that no placement, no library, no shortcut to the regular XL program is provided by these courses. Note that these are not diploma courses either, these are certificate courses.
- You need to be present at a designated center to be able to attend the classes and have at least 75% attendance to be eligible for the certification
- Course material provided by XLRI is sufficient to study for the exam
- You are allowed to take a break and continue with the program at a later date as per your schedule
Placement Assistance – VPNB
- One of the key differentiators for this course is that XLRI has a placement notice board. Since only students can see what’s inside, we could not confirm as to how useful this might be.
- However, the fact that they are providing such assistance is commendable. We were quite surprised by this new development. Link
Review – Who should be doing this course?
- If you are just looking for an MBA degree, then perhaps XLRI satellite courses are not just for you. If you are unsure as to what this course will do, then let this pass. It is for people who know as to what this course will deliver – ‘precisely’. Given the fee in comparison to a normal distance learning MBA options, this one should be chosen very carefully.
- Our review is that if you are looking for a better than average distance course, then, by all means, consider XLRI as one of your most preferred choices. However, do set your expectations right. After all, it’s a distance program. In no way should you expect that this course will catapult your career like a regular MBA from XLRI.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of courses offered at XLRI Distance Learning?
There are three types of course offered at XLRI Distance Learning PGCBM, PGCHRM, PGCBAMD.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the admission in XLRI?
The candidate must have a three years bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Final year student may also apply.
- What are the total fees of XLRI Distance Learning?
The fee is around INR 240,000. The candidate can pay the fees in installments.
- What is the placement opportunity for XLRI Distance Learning?
The XLRI does not offer the placements to its candidate. However, XLRI has a placement notice board. Since we do not know what’s inside. we do not confirm how useful it might be.
- Does XLRI offer MBA in Distance Learning mode?
The XLRI does not offer MBA in Distance Learning mode. However, it offered a different type of management courses.
- Is XLRI Distance Learning AICTE approved?
Yes, The XLRI is AICTE approved.
- VIL Office, XLRI Xavier School of Management
- C. H. Area (EAST), Jamshedpur – 831001
- Phone: +91 657 665 3211 / 12 / 13 / 72 / 73 / 74 / 75 / 76 / 77 / 3185
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- Symbiosis Distance Learning
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- Are you interested in an MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA