XLRI Distance Learning Courses
First things first, let’s be clear that XLRI does not offer distance MBA. What it does offer is an option to study management courses via distance learning mode.
Xavier Labor Research Institute aka XLRI offers students across the nation an opportunity to study under the XL brand via its satellite courses or online courses. Note that these courses are not equivalent to an MBA. The recognition details of this course could be located at its website.
- Note that XLRI does not offer placement assistance to candidates enrolling in these programs. Also, these programs are not equivalent to an MBA degree by any means. They are just an add on to the skill set which you may have.
- Technically, these are not even correspondence programs. These are delivered live to enrolled students.
Details of MBA Distance Education Courses
- Duration: one year
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Graduation from a recognized University
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience after completing graduation
- Clear Personal Interview
- Computer Knowledge
- Candidates with their own business are also eligible
- Candidates must have Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at least in higher secondary level to pursue PGCBAMD
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management (PGCBM)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (PGCHRM)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics for Management Decisions (PGCBAMD)
The course fee is around INR 2,40,000 – INR 2,60,000 excluding service tax (as of the year 2017) and inclusive of books, study materials, and the Campus Component fee. Alternatively, the fees could be paid in 5 installments.
Documents required for admission include graduation or degree certificate, a letter from your company and a DD of Rs. 1000/- payable at Jamshedpur. The result is intimated via e-mail to the students.
Important things for students to keep in mind:
- Students should note that no placement, no library, no shortcut to the regular XL program is provided by these courses. Note that these are not diploma courses either, these are certificate courses.
- You need to be present at a designated center to be able to attend the classes and have at least 75% attendance to be eligible for the certification
- Course material provided by XLRI is sufficient to study for the exam
- You are allowed to take a break and continue with the program at a later date as per your schedule
Salient Features of This Course
- Intense learning at a virtual classroom
- Project work
- Lecture series
- Case methods
- Group work
- Term papers
- Assignments and Dissertation
- 5 days of intensive learning on XLRI campus
Placement Assistance – VPNB
One of the key differentiators for this course is that XLRI has a placement notice board. Since only students can see what’s inside, we could not confirm as to how useful this might be. However, the fact that they are providing such assistance is commendable. We were quite surprised with this new development. Link
Review – Who should be doing this course?
If you are just looking for an MBA degree, then perhaps XLRI satellite courses are not just for you. If you are unsure as to what this course will do, then let this pass. It is for people who know as to what this course will deliver – ‘precisely’. Given the fee in comparison to a normal distance learning MBA options, this one should be chosen very carefully.
Our review is that if you are looking for a better than average distance course, then by all means consider XLRI as one of your most preferred choice. However, do set your expectations right. After all, it’s a distance program. In no way should you expect that this course will catapult your career like a regular MBA from XLRI.
VIL Office, XLRI Xavier School of Management
C. H. Area (EAST), Jamshedpur – 831001
Phone : +91 657 665 3211 / 12 / 13 / 72 / 73 / 74 / 75 / 76 / 77 / 3185
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- Symbiosis Distance Learning
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 MBA Programs In India
- Are you interested in MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA