XLRI Distance Learning Courses, Placements, and More
|XLRI Distance MBA||Details|
|Course offered||PG Certificates|
|Fee of course (INR)||300,000|
|Entrance exam||Short online multiple-choice test for PGCBA|
|Work ex required||2 Years|
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognized University|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Available
- Salient Features of This Course
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
First things first, let’s be clear that XLRI does not offer a distance MBA. What it does offer is an option to study management courses via distance learning mode.
Xavier Labor Research Institute aka XLRI offers students across the nation an opportunity to study under the XL brand via its satellite courses or online courses. Note that these courses are not equivalent to an MBA. The recognition details of this course could be located on its website.
Note that XLRI does not offer placement assistance to candidates enrolling in these programs. Also, these programs are not equivalent to an MBA degree by any means. They are just an add on to the skill set which you may have.
Technically, these are not even correspondence programs. These are delivered live to enrolled students.
XLRI is deemed University.
Details of Distance Education Courses
- Post Graduate Certification in Business Management (PGCBM)
- Post Graduate Certification in Human Resource Management (PGCHRM)
- Post Graduate Certification in Business Analytics (PGCBA)
Salient Features of This Course
- Intense learning at a virtual classroom
- Project work
- Lecture series
- Case methods
- Group work
- Term papers
- Assignments and Dissertation
- 5 days of intensive learning on XLRI campus
- 1 Year
- Graduation from a recognized University
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience after completing graduation
- Clear Personal Interview
- Computer Knowledge
- Candidates with their own business are also eligible
- Candidates must have Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at least in higher secondary level to pursue PGCBAMD
XLRI is currently accredited by UGC.
The course fee is around INR 2,40,000 – INR 2,60,000 excluding service tax and inclusive of books, study materials, and the Campus Component fee. Alternatively, the fees could be paid in 5 installments. The structure can be divided into:
|XLRI Distance Learning Fees||Details (INR)|
|Business Analytics & HR Management||300,000|
*Please note that the fees exclude service tax.
Admission Queries for this course should be found over here. The faculty of XLRI is very qualified and actively involved in teaching students.
Documents required for admission include a graduation or degree certificate, a letter from your company, and a DD of Rs. 1000/- payable at Jamshedpur. The result is intimated via e-mail to the students.
The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of the XAT exam conducted by XLRI. then the student should have to appear for a Personal Interview.
Important things for students to keep in mind:
- Students should note that no placement, no library, no shortcut to the regular XL program is provided by these courses. Note that these are not diploma courses either, these are certificate courses.
- You need to be present at a designated center to be able to attend the classes and have at least 75% attendance to be eligible for the certification
- Course material provided by XLRI is sufficient to study for the exam
- You are allowed to take a break and continue with the program at a later date as per your schedule
Placement Assistance – VPNB
One of the key differentiators for this course is that XLRI has a placement notice board. Since only students can see what’s inside, we could not confirm how useful this might be.
However, the fact that they are providing such assistance is commendable. We were quite surprised by this new development. Link
Review – Who should be doing this course?
If you are just looking for an MBA degree, then perhaps XLRI satellite courses are not just for you. If you are unsure as to what this course will do, then let this pass. It is for people who know as to what this course will deliver – ‘precisely’. Given the fee in comparison to a normal distance learning MBA option, this one should be chosen very carefully.
Our review is that if you are looking for a better than average distance course, then, by all means, consider XLRI as one of your most preferred choices. However, do set your expectations right. After all, it’s a distance program. In no way should you expect that this course will catapult your career like a regular MBA from XLRI.
“It had been the most memorable time of my life to be on the XLRI campus. I appreciate the efforts you and the team had delivered for the 1-year VIL program and CC. Hats off to the team. ” – Ms. Sonia Singh (PGCHRM 18)
“I would like to say a BIG THANK-YOU…. for all that you all did when we were on the campus. I wish we as HR, can be to our employees what you were to us in that week.
It was one of the most hectic weeks but I loved every bit of it. If another week of campus stay is announced, I will register without a thought! Everything was almost perfect. Hearing, Knowing & admiring XLRI is different from experiencing it. In one word, I lived the most inspiring week of my life in Jamshedpur! Thanks again for everything. ” – Ms. Anindita Dey (PGCHRM 19)
Source: XLRI Official Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What types of courses offered at XLRI Distance Learning?
Ans: There are three types of courses offered at XLRI Distance Learning PGCBM, PGCHRM, PGCBAMD.
Q2: What are the eligibility criteria for admission to XLRI distance MBA?
Ans: The candidate must have a three years bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Final year students may also apply.
Q3: What are the total fees of XLRI Distance Learning?
Ans: The fee is around INR 240,000. The candidate can pay the fees in installments.
Q4: What is the placement opportunity for XLRI Distance Learning?
Ans: XLRI does not offer placements to its candidate. However, XLRI has a placement notice board. Since we do not know what’s inside. we do not confirm how useful it might be.
Q5: Does XLRI offer MBA in Distance Learning mode?
Ans: XLRI does not offer MBA in Distance Learning mode. However, it offered a different type of management courses.
Q6: Is XLRI Distance Learning AICTE approved?
Ans: Yes, XLRI is AICTE approved.
If you have any question, please ask us here – we answer every single query for students mbaglue.com/answers
- VIL Office, XLRI Xavier School of Management
- C. H. Area (EAST), Jamshedpur – 831001
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- Symbiosis Distance Learning
- IIM Distance Education
- SPMVV Distance MBA
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Start Here
Image Source: javier trueba