XLRI Xavier School of Management MBA Program
- Courses Offered
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- XLRI Xavier School of Management is a private college established in 1949. It was started by the Society of Jesus as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute before transforming to the current global management institution
- The college is located in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand in India.
- XLRI Xavier School of Management is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). It has received accreditation from AMBA, NBA, and AACSB
It’s a two-year full-time program.
The Course Structure of the MBA Program
- This program includes 105 credits. You’ll be required to take at least 63 credits from core units and 42 credits from the elective units)
- Before graduating with an MBA, you must pass in the Summer Project and exhibit exemplary performance in Team Building and Village Exposure Programs
- The institution allows students to undertake a dissertation in place of a credit elective course in term five. For you to qualify, you must have a minimum CQPI of 5.5 and an average of 6.0 in the subjects related to your dissertation topic
The MBA courses offered in the institution include:
- Human Resource Management
- General Management
- Information Systems
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Production, Operations, and Decision Sciences
These courses are customized to address emerging trends in the global business world. As such, the students are equipped to be flexible and to make decisions that adequately provide solutions to all emerging issues in an organization
- The MBA admission process is rigorous since the institution endeavors to admit the most qualified candidates for the course
- It involves both online tests and physical interviews at the institution. To secure your place at the prestigious college, you should pass the GMAT and the Xavier Aptitude Tests (XAT)
- The XAT test is administered online every January. Whether you’ll qualify for the next stage of the interviews is highly dependent on how well you perform on this test
- Other factors that are considered include your academic background, extracurricular activities, and past work experience
Before applying for an MBA in the institution, you should confirm that you meet the following requirements:
- Prove that you are a graduate from a reputable institution
- If you are in your final year, you are also eligible to apply
- Provide a valid score sheet for XAT results (the test is conducted online every January) or GMAT scores
- If you’re an international student or NRI, you will apply exclusively using the GMAT scorecard
The admission involves both online and physical processes. If you meet all the requirements as listed in the “Eligibility Section”, you should start the application process without hesitation.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
The process involves:
- Filling the XAT Application Form. You’ll undertake the test and get the results online
- Once a candidate passes the XAT test, they are shortlisted to attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- The Group Discussion takes a minimum of 30 minutes to allow each participant to pass their points. The interviews are conducted only in the institution and candidates must be present physically
Once you are through with all these steps, the institution’s admission crew will compile the results based on your performance in XAT, Group Discussions, and Personal Interview. Also, your past work experience will be considered during the grading process
Once the results are out, a staff in the institution will inform you of the status of your application
Accreditation and Ranking
In 2018, the institution was ranked as below:
- Business Today ranked it as the best private institute and 4th overall (India Today ranked it the same way)
- Business World ranked XLRI School of Management as the 4th management institution globally
Also, the institution has been accredited All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), AMBA, NBA, and AACSB. This is proof that the institution offers the best and recognized programs globally.
The graduates of MBA at XLRI Xavier School of Management works in different locations globally and the placements are almost always above 95%
- The annual fee for an MBA course is Rs 10 Lakh. You will have the chance to pay the fee in installments but you must clear the tuition and boarding fee before admission.
- The placement scorecard for this institution is exceptional. For more than 5 consecutive years, the institution has managed a more than 95% placement record
- The median placement salary for MBA is INR 19 Lakhs. With the potential of growth to secure a salary of more than INR 100 Lakhs both in India and other international markets
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I study an MBA part-time at the XLRI Institute of Management?
Ans: Yes, you can study an MBA part-time. However, you will require a minimum of 3 years to complete the program. The XLRI MBA part-time program is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education.
- Q2: What are VIL programs in the XLRI?
Ans: These are Virtual Interactive Learning Programs that are designed to enable professionals to successfully undertake their programs at home. There were recently launched to replace the former Satellite Programs
- Q3: Should I take part-time classes?
Ans: Part-time classes are only ideal for working professionals. If you are purely a student, then you should enroll for a full-time course. Also, you should note that the part-time course takes three years as opposed to the 2-year full-time MBA program.
- Q4: Is the VIL program similar to regular MBA?
Ans: While this program is tailor-made to equip the students with the necessary managerial skills, it is never an equivalent of a regular MBA.
- Q5: Is placement guaranteed after the course?
Ans: While the institution works with various organizations to acquire maximum placements, the success of the placement is dependent on the student. These companies conduct a rigorous recruitment process that the student must pass before placement. However, the institution guarantees that the quality of education you will get will facilitate you passing the recruitment exercise.
You can reach the reception of the XLRI Institute through:
- H. Area (East)
- Jamshedpur – 831001, Jharkhand
- Phone: +91 657 665 3333
- Fax: +91-657-2227814
- Also, you can visit their official Website: www.xlri.ac.in to get all the information that you need on admission processes. Alternatively, feel free to write an email to the admission desk through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIM Ahmedabad MBA Program
- IIM Calcutta MBA Program
- IIM Lucknow MBA Program
- IIM Indore MBA Program
- IIT Kharagpur MBA Program
Image Credit: Jeremy McKnight