Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU) Distance MBA – Course, Fee, and Admission
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Named after Yashwantrao Chavan, the state’s major political figure, the Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University was set up in 1989.
- The institution is a member of several prominent associations such as the Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), and the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada.
- YCMOU has become popular among distance learning seekers due to the amount of flexibility and support that it offers learners.
- It is a State-Open University.
Types of Courses Offered
The courses available at the Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration Marketing and Manufacturing
- Master of Business Administration Finance
- Master of Business Administration General
- Master of Business Administration HRD
- The minimum duration for all courses is two years, while the maximum is five years. English is the only medium of instruction for the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 45% marks
The following are the fees for each course at the Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University:
- Note that the total fee includes both university fees and study center fees. The entrance fee is Rs.500/-.
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University Accreditation
YCMOU is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Here’s the screenshot:
- Candidates who wish to enroll for Distance Learning at the Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University can fill the form online at www.ycmmoudigitaluniversity.com.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- After completing the online application, they should take a printout and submit to the study center closest to them. The application form should be sent along with other necessary documents and required fees.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the status of YCMOU?
Ans: The YCMOU has been recognized under section 12 (B) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. Nearly 6,50,000 students are studying at this university. It is also accredited by UGC.
- Q2: What are the courses offered by YCMOU?
Ans: The University offers Certificate Courses, Diploma Courses, Undergraduate Degree Courses, Postgraduate Degree Courses, and Research / Doctoral-level Courses. It also provided nearly 100 distance education courses.
- Q3: What is the admission criteria for YCMOU?
Ans: Admission criteria for any course are on the basis of the applicant’s performance in the admission test. In the circumstances that no test is conducted, admission would be made on the basis of aggregate total marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination and marks obtained by the candidate in eligibility subject.
- Q4: How to apply for admission to YCMOU?
Ans: The candidates are required to fill the form online, take a printout and submit it in any one of the nearest study centers along with required documents and mentioned fees.
- Q5: What is the eligibility criteria for the Distance MBA program of YCMOU?
- Candidate must be graduated from any recognized university with at least 55%. The percentage of marks is relaxed by 5% in case of Reserved Category candidates.
- The candidate also has to compulsorily appear for the entrance exam conducted by the university. The candidate also has to pass out the GDPI session. Eligibility for the Distance MBA course is a step in the licensure exam in a discipline that the course of three years.
- The candidate must have a valid Common Admission Test / MAT / GMAT / XAT score. For candidates seeking admission to MBA outside India with the university, a valid GMAT score is a necessity.
- Q6: Where will I be required to take my documents for verification?
Ans: The registration process for distance programs takes place at the respective study centres. All shortlisted students must submit their documents within the stipulated timelines.
- Q7: Can I change the study centre?
Ans: Yes, the students can change the study centres. However, this can only happen during the re-registration phase (when registering for the subsequent semester).
- Q8: Will I be required to undertake a project?
Ans: Yes, distance students may be required to undertake a project. However, some programs may have this as optional.
- Q9: Where can I obtain my application form?
Ans: Interested candidates are required to obtain the admission forms and the bank Challan from their respective study centres
- Q10: Will I have the chance to inquire and ask direct questions regarding my distance program?
Ans: Yes, there are several counseling sessions held at the study centre. Students are encouraged to attend the sessions for more information regarding their programs.
- Q11: What happens when I fail to complete the program within the stipulated maximum duration?
Ans: Students who fail to complete the program in time will be required to re-register for the program.
- Q12: Does the institution accept international students?
Ans: No, there is currently no provision for admission of international candidates.
- Q13: What are the pedagogy techniques used for distance learning in the institution?
Ans: Lecturers use video conferencing, practical sessions at the study centres, face-to-face sessions at the centre, and recorded lectures.
- Q14: What are the evaluation techniques applied to distance students?
Ans: Lecturers use assignments, practical sessions, project, and end-of-semester examinations for evaluation.
- Y.C.M Open University, Head Office,
- Dnyangangotri Near Ganagapur Dam, Nashik – 422222
- Website: http://ycmou.digitaluniversity.ac/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0253-2231714 / 2231715
Other Related Posts for Students
- Vardhman Mahaveer Open University
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University Distance MBA
- Jamia Hamdard University Distance Learning
- IFIM Business School Distance Learning
- Jaipur National University
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit – rizsam